The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snails

Snails New Member

@Kim_Skubris7: Allison Baden Clay's friends demand her husband "be a man for once" and confess to his girls to give them peace #7newsq @7NewsBrisbane

2. Snails

Snails New Member

@SharynGhidella: Exclusive new details revealed..about Gerard Baden-Clay's double life. @7NewsBrisbane 6pm #7newsQ

3. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

I think there will be more. I just keep thinking about the fact that the interfering with a corpse charge was dropped. Why? What made them drop it? Possibly they found evidence that someone else was responsible for that. We shall see :)

4. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

But the lilac ones weren't.

5. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be graphic, but i noted the hair slippage in the autopsy. When the slippage occurs, does the skin come away with the hair, or would the skin be completely decomposed at that point? I always imagined hair slippage to mean that the entire scalp came away including skin. Can you possibly clarify? TIA Doc :)

6. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Yep I listened to that again. Truth? OMG the horrible things you and your father just had to say about Allison were despicable. Go & hide behind your Baden-Mud names.
    Allison chucked because she was pregnant with her second bub. OMG you are unforgivable.

7. Aliwonders

Aliwonders New Member

Would be fairly hard to police. Maybe it was just requested of the family??

8. Crime and punishment

Crime and punishment Member

You are spot on Aliwonders. Northreach Church does a lot of good in the community- they give out food hampers to the needy every week amongst other things. They are not fair game. There are some wonderful people who attend that church. Olivia is not the one behind bars- we may not agree with the way she and her father and dastardly brother portrayed Allison (I certainly don't)but she has to move forward from this. I would be pulling back on church involvement too . Olivia's children must be missing their Mum too. How long has she been supporting Gerard? I wouldn't be surprised if they moved back to Brisbane to be closer to parents and Gerard's prison. They will take it on as a personal crusade to rehabilitate him- encourage him to confess and ask for forgiveness and restore his faith. For Christians there must be compassion, forgiveness and mercy.

9. amatteroftime

amatteroftime New Member

It took me hours to read , in it's entirety , the whole spread in the Courier Mail today, a lot of things that were pointed to earlier in the first threads on WS, like the police knew straight away, and how they had escalated it well past a missing person on day one...I thought the Newspaper article was done very well and was very respectful to Allison's whole family, a huge contrast to what the BC's had to say about her, and Im very happy with how the media have dealt with this so far......

10. L_B

L_B Member

Does anyone have any more info about GBC stealing money from Flight Centre for their wedding? I remember reading it one of the many articles floating around now I can't find it!

11. amatteroftime

amatteroftime New Member

They think she had a bleeding nose or facial cuts ( split lip etc ) if he was smothering her, he would of had to use a lot of force, a nose bleed can be quite severe, sadly, this proves she was still alive really when she was bundled in the car, but obviously, barely..Not enough to fight anymore , as the body stops pumping blood once the heart stops, for the blood to seep out, she must have still had a heart beat, which is tragic to imagine and probably why her Father's impact statement mentioned how he wakes up thinking of how she died and cant sleep, wishing he was there to save her...

Very hard to imagine your child dying like that... Makes it all the better that he was not only found guilty but , I am glad he went about it this way, his arrogance has ensured a longer jail sentence, if he had just put up his hands and said " massive accident, Im so sorry, what have i done etc etc" he probably would of got a lot less time and only got man slaughter....

His arrogance , which seems to be in the gene pool, has ultimately caused him to serve as long as possible in jail....

12. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

Thank you for that perspective, Doc. That makes sense :seeya:

13. JK673

JK673 New Member

I recall trying to tell people a number of times that the QPS have an excellent reputation. I hate saying it but......... I told you so.....

14. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

And thank you for that info too. :seeya: People's theories are very helpful to know.

15. Honey-Bee

Honey-Bee New Member

I dont know how to link it sorry but I saw that reported today in an interview and it was her friend I think her name is Kerry-Anne(the lovely lady who spoke for the family after the guilty verdict)it is in her statement to the police sorry I cant link it

16. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

You mean there's even more ....?

17. amatteroftime

amatteroftime New Member

I really do believe with all my heart that they knew, I think the father, mother and sister, knew..I think that he told them a story about how Allison was a bad mother etc etc, probably made out he was the victim, told them she started a fight and he was trying to cover her mouth from screaming and before he realised, she was dead, then he panicked... I think , this is something he would of done, as his father, mother and sister wanted to believe, i still think that no person could be that DUMB to not work out the cuts on his face were not blunt razors, as for his excuse that he could not afford to buy new razors for over 6 months...PPLlllllleassssseeeee..... His father is not a dumb person, he knew from the beginning, as for how they handled it, well they all thought they were above everyone else and they would get away with it.............

18. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu New Member

I saw on ch7 tonight that when he arrived at wolston he could make one call. He called his parents sobbing proclaiming his innocence. Why would he do that? Is he in denial? Does he believe his lies? I don't understand why he'd be so loudly proclaim his innocence?!??? Puts an awful lot of confusion and questions in my mind. Does anyone have a link to it?? I'll try and find.

I'm now at a point where it's completely overwhelming. He seemed like a shady character before but now, with all the extra info, he seems like a very disgusting human being.

But I still cannot understand WHY he's acting this way?!? Will he deny it to the grave? Why? Wouldn't he be better admitting and asking for forgiveness in the hopes he may one day have a relationship with his kids.

Another question (sorry) - if he gets to see his kids, do they monitor this? It would be unspeakably bad if he manipulated those girls into thinking he was innocent - if he really wasn't.

19. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

20. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

Hope this is ok to comment on, as it's related to a facebook page - we'll see :) I've just read a post from the Australian Missing Persons Register and the gist is that they offered assistance (I assume by way of posting/spreading the word about Allison) to the BC family on the day Allison was reported missing, which was refused straight up. It's interesting in that the page admin claims it's the first time in 9 years that any family has turned away their help.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...644.1073741827.509702762472925&type=1&theater

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.