The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmo343

elmo343 New Member

2. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

Yes - all they need is just a skerrick of DNA from the hair caught in the blood in the car, or some other way of showing it's Allison's hair.

3. JK673

JK673 New Member

Word processed by officer. And we know spell check can only pick up spelling errors. Would have to try grammar check.... but in saying that do we nees to be picky on good work done? Pretty sure all of us, even Mumma Bear, has made spelling errors....and they may be because you don't kniw how to spell or you make a mistake typing it up because you type fast or your fingers are too fat for keyboard....like when typing on a phone. Noone is perfect. I cannot stand people who pick on spelling errors. There are more important things to worry about unless you are having a spelling test.

4. JK673

JK673 New Member

Exactly BN. Covering up for a son shows the mother is just as bad. Hence the change of penalty to life in prison for "accessory after the fact" which came out after the heubert and maher case in qld in 2001-2006.

5. AAAA

AAAA New Member

Well now I'm confused. I thought it was a legal aid trial?

6. JK673

JK673 New Member

A longer non parole period....

7. Aliwonders

Aliwonders New Member

If you look up the site onthehouse.com you can see the selling history of the investment property.

There is a link to it in the BBC life in jail forum.

8. Greg

Greg New Member

Need to find who setup the media deal, I'm guessing O

9. JK673

JK673 New Member

Can only get DNA from the root of the hair. Obviously there was no root attached to the hair or they would have tested and mentioned DNA.

10. Crime and punishment

Crime and punishment Member

I agree- throw the appeal out! What a ridiculous piece of work he is! It's all about the cash- no wonder he went to pieces when he learnt the verdict and sobbed through the victim impact statements! It was all for himself!

11. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

As my grandma would say (with emphatic gestures lol) "what did you expect?!"

Who has this saying, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them"?

12. toe

toe New Member

Oh wonderful, now we will hear the truthful part of the story.

13. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

Mitochondrial DNA is present in the rest of the hair - useful enough when the siblings are all known. Unfortunately the bleaching process degrades DNA in the hair. Future methods may be able to extract more, or there may be other ways (non-DNA) of comparing the crime scene hair with known hair. As the original poster wrote - fingers crossed!

14. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

From that first interview when he undressed the journalist with his eyes, do you think a cash register was going off in his head? "Widower's Heartbreak", "Baden-Powell's Grieving Grandson", "The Mental Torment of the Wife who Walked Silently into the Night and the Tears of the Husband She Left Behind".

15. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

Yes, a typo here and there is no biggie I agree. However, the statements are absolutely peppered with them to the point of being difficult to read. They're serious legal documents where basic clarity and accuracy should have been paramount.

16. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

Still catching up on the thread......

But just in regard to GBC's tears being all for himself (as we always suspected)......I'm reading another book by FBI profiler John Douglas and he says this about many of the murderers he's interviewed in prison:

"...[they] would bemoan the fact that their lives were ruined, tears streaming down their faces - ruined, in their minds, not because of what they did but because they were caught."

The Anatomy of Motive, Pocket Books 1999, page 24.

PS It's a GREAT book!

17. MsAnais

bbm That is a quote by the wonderful Maya Angelou. A wise woman, if ever there was one!!

18. Total

Total New Member

Yes....Maya Angelou RIP

19. MsAnais

Ugh!!! He was probably thinking that!! (Minus the eloquent headings, of course - that requires an intellect! :lol:)

He'd have particularly loved your "Baden-Powell's Grieving Grandson" IMO!!:facepalm:

20. Total

Total New Member

He would only get all this money if he is successful in getting his conviction squashed on appeal. It is all 'pie in the sky' stuff. You know, like 'please lend me some money as I am having a bit of a cash flow problem I will turn the business around no worries'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.