The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

I never doubted them.
    The police who caught Cowan went above and beyond.

2. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/austmissingpersons

About
    The Australian Missing Persons Register Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation providing support to the family and friends of the missing.
    Description
    Welcome to the Australian Missing Persons Register. There are a few things you need to know about being a part of this group.

If you have a missing loved one from Australia that you'd like added to this page and/or the Register, I would be happy to help, feel free to contact me.

<modsnip>

3. ollijack

ollijack Member

Woh. My goodness. Gives you chills. Weird family

4. beechworth

beechworth New Member

Omg! That is bad news! But how and why? I was of the understanding that his defence team were the best of the best and I didn't think that's what you got through legal aid? Unless they are in need of publicity and I didn't think that would be the case with the lawyers he had. Although I have no idea when it comes to this sort of thing...

5. Champagne4lulu

Champagne4lulu New Member

I'm not sure how it works exactly. It was very strange at the time, and I'm not sure if that's normally the process. Some of the goings on at that time was very suss IMO

6. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

That would be weird, the jury wouldn't really know which were family.....

7. Hillsdon

Hillsdon New Member

I am 100% sure that the BC's believed/wished that he was innocent. A bit like believing/wishing that Santa is real.

8. Greg

Greg New Member

They have to admit the crime themselves before they can encourage him to confess.....Olivia and the hypocrite need to ask for forgiveness themselves for the sins they themselves have committed during this .....only once they can see and admit and ask for foregiveness their own wrongdoings can they even contemplate trying to help another.

I personally can't see this happening they are far too proud and self righteous.... Their Christianity blinds them from the truth and the ability to see their own failings.

9. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

bbm. Spot on IMO.

10. Greg

Greg New Member

It's part of a news story vid Marly you would have linked it a couple of years ago :)

11. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Channel 7 Sunday night (opposite 60 minutes) advertising Allison wrote a letter to her friends saying what she knew about Baden-Mud.

ALSO

2GB Sydney news revealed that the police said if it were not for the scratches on his face Baden-Mud definitely would have got away with it.
    It was the scratches that made them start the further searches of the car, hence finding Allison's blood.

As Mrs Dickie suggested in court, Allison left her mark.
    Rest in peace sweet mother of 3.

12. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Yes - you're right. The scalp was very decomposed, the hair came out in large tufts very easily, and the scalp slippage is the putrefied scalp slipping off the underlying bone. Sorry to be so graphic. But large areas of the scalp were actually missing, along with parts of the face, with the underlying skull visible.

13. Aussie_expat.sg

Aussie_expat.sg Member

I do hope that someone close to the case like the detectives or the Prosecutor writes a book - I want to hear about all the things that we have not been able to discuss because they are "rumours" (like the one about Nigel being at the bus stop at 11:30 at night) and all the thoughts of the people involved. And I also wonder if this case will be on Crime Investigation at some stage. My favourite show. There are a lot of Aussie cases presented.

14. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Snipped Respectfully :)

Thanks Amee
    I wonder who the family member was.

Is there anywhere else you can remember seeing this quoted on the day.
    I had a look through the msm we collected and I cant see it anywhere else.
    If this is the case - I will edit my post above, as my impression from the media was that there was no acknowledgement, and that the families left before GBC was taken from the Court - with the exception of EBC who had left earlier.
    Maybe it was that the BC family left the court to go to their room before the Dickies.
    I will do a further search and see what I can find.
    Many thanks
    :seeya:

15. Snails

Snails New Member

I just knew those scratches on his face would get him in the end. Allison certainly did leave her mark on her adulterous and abusive husband. Well done Allison. As the mother of three daughters myself I knew you would NEVER voluntarily leave your babies. RIP. X

16. Sor Juana

Sor Juana Member

Is it possible to somehow object paying the legal aid money to murderers? It is appalling that the GBC'si legal team is going to appeal. I was thinking, if that flow of money stopped, GBC would be left on his own.

17. Aliwonders

Aliwonders New Member

It's not their Christianity that blinds them from the truth it's their family loyalty. Christians are not perfect. They have a hard road to travel and thankfully they are surrounded by people who will support them in their path. I don't think any of us are ever helped by the people who point the finger and treat us with distain. It's the people who get beside us and love us who have the most hope of driving home the point!!

18. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

It would be great if a book was written by the detectives, like the one that's just been released about Ivan Milat. Gives great insight into their tactics, apparently (I haven't read it yet).

19. Aussie_expat.sg

Aussie_expat.sg Member

I'll have to look up the Ivan Milat one. I read the one about Casey Anthony, written by the Prosecutor. I too would prefer it was one of the detectives. So close to it all, and they would remember all the body language.

20. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

For interest, a recent award for Senior Sergeant Narelle Curtis (one of the police officers who first interviewed GBC and asked about the scratches).

"Senior Sergeant Narelle Curtis was also awarded the 15th Excellence in Policing Awards most prestigious honour, the Audrey Fagan Award, for her role as a mentor and leader during her 40 year career with the QPS."

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2013/8/28/qps-officers-awarded-for-role-in-policing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.