The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by Spotted Reptile, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snails

Snails New Member

It is outrageous, but it's the law.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...lasts-use-of-legal-aid-funding-for-mu/4984234

"There is no deterrent for these lifers not to appeal and no punishment for further stretching the tight budgets of the system."

2. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

I have heard there is a book being written by a journalist on this case.

3. Greg

Greg New Member

Nope it's their Christianity, I know others from that same flock that believe people who get cancer only get it because they don't believe in god......

4. t777

t777 New Member

So, yesterday, I had to step out of QC Todd Fuller’s way. Literally.

I did not comment earlier, as yesterday was a time for collective expression of relief and gratitude that on 15 July 2014, JUSTICE WAS FINALLY ALLISON’S.

I was in the city for an appointment and walked through the Square in front of the Supreme Court an hour or so after the ‘life sentence’ was announced. Of course I knew what was happening: but I assumed friends/family had left the building by that time, and that the media scrum would be over: rushing to Wolston Prison and all that. Not quite.

Walking past wall to wall TV vans – first hint that all was not wrapped up at this location - I came across three big bunches of yellow balloons, tied to bollards on Roma St. I was struck by the sheer…hmm, no words will suffice here. I still don’t know if I was there just before, or after, the balloon release, and if these were leftovers or not.

Quite shocked, honestly, to be there at that time, unplanned. I paused for a few minutes on the other side of the square watching everyone else watching the doors of the Court building. As I started to walk away I noticed media rushing a small group of people. It was the Crown Prosecutor and one, maybe two others. Surrounded by cameras, but strangely - unless I missed something, (and I was very close) I heard no questions asked of Mr Fuller. Not sure if this was out of respect for TF, and/or out of respect for the just-heard moment of Allison’s justice?

Either way, from the quick view I had as I stepped off the footpath to let him/his team pass, I saw no jubilation. No sense of ‘we won’.

I think there was just all-round sadness, and no doubt, exhaustion.

Justice yes, thank God, and thanks to the remarkable work, tenacity and the sheer skill & passion of the Qld Police and Prosecution team. But no winners here in Brisbane, yesterday. No way.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

PS: My second-ever post comes with this second apology for such a long post!

5. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying doc, I thought that was how it happened.

6. Freya1977

Oh, do you know what it's called? I need to read it!

7. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Yes it was a 7News vid & I linked it probably 100's of times...lol. There's a screen shot of OW from that vid but seems the vid itself is no longer around.

8. Snails

Snails New Member

9. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

I was watching channel 9 yesterday and they said that his family had gone in to say goodbye before he left. If i can find mention i'll post reference.

10. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Written by Clive Small...it was released around April this year...brilliant book!!

- Milat : Inside Australia's Biggest Manhunt

A Detective's Story
    On the trail of a ... serial killer

April 19, 2014

Clive Small

When the bodies of seven backpackers were found in Belanglo State Forest south-west of Sydney in 1992 and 1993, it sparked Australia's biggest manhunt. Clive Small, who led the investigation, recalls the painstaking work that led police to Ivan Milat.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/on-the-trail-of-a--serial-killer-20140414-36m7u.html#ixzz37dIofkyp

11. MsAnais

MsAnais Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)

Thanks Marly!! :seeya:

12. Freya1977

Thanks Marly, I will be looking for that on the Google Books store before bed tonight!

13. amatteroftime

amatteroftime New Member

I actually believe, he thinks he had the RIGHT to do it, therefore, he should be treated differently, in his mind, no one will understand as he had already built himself up as deserving so much more, he had already made Allison feel like she didnt deserve him, he made his mistress feel like she was only worthy of him when he was ready, he made sure everyone knew how important he was ( thought he was) and therefore , he has justified his reasons for what he did. In his mind, it was not wrong what he did, it was the ONLY thing he could do, therefore , he is making himself the victim...This is the typical personality of a socio path with narcissism.... if someone else did it to his Sister, he would be coming down on them like a tonne of bricks, but it is different because it is him, and in his mind, he had no choice and he blames Allison for what he did, just as he blamed all his failures in life on someone or something else.. I bet if I could sit sith people he worked with in the past or had relationships with in the past, they would say something along these lines....

He knows he did it, but in his mind he is innocent because he truly believes it was Allison's fault that he did it, it was her fault she was not up to his standard anymore..

His family are of similar attitude, and while they are not killers, they all have the same self importance, arrogance and feeling like they are above the rules that apply to all us laymen.

His Sister showed that during his only interview and his parents showed that with the sick kissing and mocking the police with fruit bowls, I hope now that everyone stops feeling sorry for his family, they made their bed, they can lie in it as far as I am concerned, at least it will be more comfortable than Kholo Creek!!!

14. Amee

Amee Active Member

Sarah Elks @sarahelks · Jul 14

Gerard Baden-Clay's mother is being led from the courtroom. His father, his sister, and brother remain. #badenclay

It was on the News here lastnight as well cant remember if it was 7 or 9 though sorry.

15. MsAnais

:goodpost:

Completely agree! You just said that all so well!!

16. amatteroftime

amatteroftime New Member

A lot of good ( profile and criminal) lawyers do pro bono ( legal aid pays them the standard which is way under what they normally charge, therefore classed as pro bono) It is free advetising, they get their faces on the media for days on end, other people remember and they get work out of it and one day write a biography or something.

the smart lawyer was the first one who chewed up all his money before it even got to court, and the lawyer he had before would of never let him take the stand in a million years, trust me, you get what you pay for in all trades

17. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

Thank you. So very well put.

18. ITTYBITTYPSYCHOKITTY

ITTYBITTYPSYCHOKITTY New Member

Hello Isisrising,
    There was evidence (pathology), of blunt force trauma, suppressed during the trial (the final decision to suppress was granted on the basis it may unfairly influence the jury). In respect to Allison's chipped tooth, I have always believed the injury to GBC's hand was as a result of Allison's tooth/teeth/mouth coming into direct contact with his hand as he took her life.
    In the end the suppressed evidence was not needed to get the (correct) guilty conviction.

19. MsAnais

Thank you for that info! :seeya:

20. Snails

Snails New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.