The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Banned??! By whom? is there a link or article for this?

Courier Mail insert page 2 (underneath photo titled Snared in a web of his own lies) .. They wore yellow to court once the jury retired to deliberate .

At times I was deeply uncomfortable with what I felt was a vigilante mentality in the threads and was unwilling to ascribe every single anecdote as an indicator of GBC being a foul and blackhearted murderer who had been roaming around with a figurative dagger up his sleeve for years prior to Allison's murder.

That said, I never truly expected GBC to be found not guilty. I always felt he was guilty. I couldn't see a logical alternative explanation. The simplest, most likely explanation is usually the truth. However, because the whole affair as a catalyst scenario didn't really ring true for me, I did wonder if he might get off. Not as an innocent man, but on a technicality, so to speak.

I didn't feel any kind of triumph or disappointment at the verdict…I actually felt deeply depressed. I just felt like the girls were probably, deep down in their little hearts, hoping that somehow it would be found that Daddy didn't murder Mummy. The Dickies were still going to have to go home that night and tell them that Daddy is now officially a convicted murderer. I really, really had hoped for a viable alternative scenario, for the sake of his daughters, but I couldn't think of one that would also be fair to Allison.

I have no opinion on the Baden-Clays - I really don't know if they were involved at all, but if they weren't, I can feel for them. A son, a brother, is a convicted murderer. A child borne from your womb, a childhood playmate.

I have been transfixed by the human drama of it all. How one man, who had the world at his feet in his youth, managed to completely and totally ruin his life and the life of most of the people he touched. I find it jaw-dropping that one person could have such a negative impact on so many people and yet somehow seem oblivious to it all. Even though I already felt that GBC was a weak and flawed man, the titbits coming out now shock me anew. The utter selfishness and lack of empathy for others, particularly his daughters, is breathtaking. All to maintain a certain facade that he felt was desirable. He was all about the money, the image, social standing. He couldn't see the treasure that he already had (supportive family, a beautiful and intelligent wife who wanted a full and loving relationship with him, 3 delightful children, the ability and means to support a fairly comfortable lifestyle if only he could be honest about his net worth and cut his cloth accordingly) was worth far more.

This is a truly a tragedy, echoes of which will still be felt in the next generation.

Someone posited in an earlier thread that perhaps Allison would have been happy for her daughters to still have their father bringing them up despite his actions and perhaps a not guilty verdict could be acceptable with that in mind. I thought about that a lot, but concluded that Allison's marking of her killer was answer enough. No, I don't believe so, but I understand the thinking behind it. With everything we know about GBC, a GBC that had literally gotten away with murder would be a dangerous man indeed.

I hope the shock of his immense fall from grace is the catalyst for some serious soul-searching and rehabilitation. And my love goes out to those little girls, that they can find a way to live with this knowledge and history and form relationships of love and trust.

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking too!! There are no winners in this horrible situation.

Just saw the news for the first time!! Praise God, may you rip Allison and may your sweet baby girls have some level of normalcy in their lives as they deal with your loss, prayers to all of Allison's loved one's.

I didn't know Allison to speak to, but know her by face. Another school mom, doing her thing. I have learned so much from her and all of you these past two years. She has taught me so much about myself. I come away with two points.

*Women, (and men too) look after each other. Your sisters, your brothers, your friends, your children. Have that conversation!! Make sure they are all ok.

* It is our duties as parents to raise our children in healthy environments where respect is a priority in every aspect of life, so that they learn to respect others.

Courier Mail insert page 2 (underneath photo titled Snared in a web of his own lies) .. They wore yellow to court once the jury retired to deliberate .

That's interesting, as I thought folks from here had discussed what yellow items of clothing they were wearing to court even before the jury retired. It doesn't seem possible that a particular colour could be banned as such - can any WSers who attended the trial give more insight into this? Seems even odder when it was also apparent that purple was the colour of choice for the BC family. It wasn't only the purple puffy coat that stood out.

I also wanted to add my two bobs worth about our police ... I'm so proud of them and their handling of the case - I love that they just slog away quietly in the background until they get the job done. Sometimes they seem to get the amazing results from just good old fashioned boots on the ground investigating - digging and watching doggedly until they have all they need for an arrest. One of the best bits of news I've heard was that they knew it was GBC from the moment they clapped eyes on him, explaining why the search for Allison stepped up so rapidly - they just knew he had done something to her from the get-go.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/how-murder-almost-left-table/story-e6frg6n6-1226990215616#

What do you all think about this? Does it mean that GBC was prepared to accept he was responsible for Allison's death? I don't think that he was, for what it's worth, but I'm kinda surprised they went down this track. I would have thought it was better for the defence to force the prosecution to prove intention to kill.

Thank you Sheldor!

I asked this same question late yesterday, but perhaps I wasn't clear as you've been with your question..

Just read that the BC's take the little girls to visit their father in prison regularly :(

He is still their father, despite what has happened. I don't know what will happen now that he has been found guilty, but if the girls want to see their father, I hope they are given that opportunity.

I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......

I've had someone smother me with his hands over my mouth and nose before. Having a hand roughly clamping your mouth closed tends to cut the inside of the mouth with teeth (especially when you're struggling to get free and open your mouth). You end up with a mouthful of blood. I'm guessing it dribbled from her mouth when she was laid into the car. :(

I've had someone smother me with his hands over my mouth and nose before. Having a hand roughly clamping your mouth closed tends to cut the inside of the mouth with teeth (especially when you're struggling to get free and open your mouth). You end up with a mouthful of blood. I'm guessing it dribbled from her mouth when she was laid into the car. :(

Thank you for the insight, Freya.

I'm so sorry to hear that you had that experience :heartbeat:

That's interesting, as I thought folks from here had discussed what yellow items of clothing they were wearing to court even before the jury retired. It doesn't seem possible that a particular colour could be banned as such - can any WSers who attended the trial give more insight into this? Seems even odder when it was also apparent that purple was the colour of choice for the BC family. It wasn't only the purple puffy coat that stood out.

I also wanted to add my two bobs worth about our police ... I'm so proud of them and their handling of the case - I love that they just slog away quietly in the background until they get the job done. Sometimes they seem to get the amazing results from just good old fashioned boots on the ground investigating - digging and watching doggedly until they have all they need for an arrest. One of the best bits of news I've heard was that they knew it was GBC from the moment they clapped eyes on him, explaining why the search for Allison stepped up so rapidly - they just knew he had done something to her from the get-go.
I saw people wearing yellow when I went. They also had yellow ribbons, sunflowers in hair and the tickets for court 11 were even yellow. There were no clothes police there lol.

Thank you for the insight, Freya.

I'm so sorry to hear that you had that experience [emoji813]beat:
Thanks Isis, my Egyptian counterpart! ;)

It's no worries, all in the past and it's all a learning experience :)

Has anyone ever wondered if the senior BCs actually do genuinely believe he is innocent? This of course would mean that they didn't have anything to do with the crime (during or after) or helping to cover it up.
I can imagine that someone as dishonest and morally bereft as GBC would have no trouble at all lying to his own family - he has probably done it his whole life, especially to stay out of trouble with them. For me it isn't too hard to believe that he could have told his family the same sob story and laid it on pretty thick about how poor Allison left him to do all and sundry while she was hiding away depressed. He would have loved the attention and consolation from them. In that case it doesn't seem much of a leap for him to have lied to them, planting the suicide idea right from the start maybe? If he has truly always been their precious pearl of a son, they could have fallen for his story easily and been prepared to fight tooth and nail for their much maligned son's innocence. EBC was possibly genuinely distraught when she left the court after the verdict, and needed to get away to have a sob in private?

Alternatively I don't have any trouble thinking that GBC was basically a very weak and needy person who loved to share the misery, as it were, and just had to reach out to someone for help after killing Allison. In that case I can see it being his dad - needed to come to the rescue and devise a plan and help with the clean up and cover story. Maybe the two men kept the knowledge of their dastardly deeds to themselves (don't know that they would keep the women in the loop), and the two of them were cocky enough to think they'd fooled everyone.

I wonder if we'll ever know the full story of all that really happened.

So I know it was just rumours etc about charges being laid for people that may have assisted GBC... but news reports seem to state that police don't have enough evidence to support this - so does that confirm there won't be any other charges laid?

I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......

I remember Doc Watson commenting on this.

Doctor doctor give me the news, I've got a bad case of lovin' you.

:dance:

I saw people wearing yellow when I went. They also had yellow ribbons, sunflowers in hair and the tickets for court 11 were even yellow. There were no clothes police there lol.
Good to know - it just seems a bit way out there to imagine folks being stopped at the door for wearing a yellow tie or scarf. I wonder where the story came from, as it seems over the top to even warn off (or ban) the victims family from wearing the colour of their choice. It's not like we're talking about silly costumes or t-shirts emblazoned with graphics or slogans - those I could understand being seen as prejudicial.

I just imagined rows of folks in mustard jackets - eww, that could make all concerned bilious. I'll never understand that choice of corporate uniform colour!

My own humble theory on the blood in the car is that it most likely came from Allison's head - probably a part of her scalp - when she got dumped into the car. Her head would have been over to one side of the car, probably. And there is enough blood in someone's scalp to deposit that little rivulet we've all seen in the photos.

Two things fit with this theory: first, the scalp was so decomposed when Allison was found that at autopsy, a lot of the skull was showing through, so a scalp laceration could have been completely gone. Second, it would be consistent with no blood having been found in or around the house - it only happened when she was dumped into the back of the Captiva.

Just my theory - we'll never know for sure. But it fits...

Has anyone ever wondered if the senior BCs actually do genuinely believe he is innocent? This of course would mean that they didn't have anything to do with the crime (during or after) or helping to cover it up.
I can imagine that someone as dishonest and morally bereft as GBC would have no trouble at all lying to his own family - he has probably done it his whole life, especially to stay out of trouble with them. For me it isn't too hard to believe that he could have told his family the same sob story and laid it on pretty thick about how poor Allison left him to do all and sundry while she was hiding away depressed. He would have loved the attention and consolation from them. In that case it doesn't seem much of a leap for him to have lied to them, planting the suicide idea right from the start maybe? If he has truly always been their precious pearl of a son, they could have fallen for his story easily and been prepared to fight tooth and nail for their much maligned son's innocence. EBC was possibly genuinely distraught when she left the court after the verdict, and needed to get away to have a sob in private?

Alternatively I don't have any trouble thinking that GBC was basically a very weak and needy person who loved to share the misery, as it were, and just had to reach out to someone for help after killing Allison. In that case I can see it being his dad - needed to come to the rescue and devise a plan and help with the clean up and cover story. Maybe the two men kept the knowledge of their dastardly deeds to themselves (don't know that they would keep the women in the loop), and the two of them were cocky enough to think they'd fooled everyone.

I wonder if we'll ever know the full story of all that really happened.

Re the bolded.

I doubt we'll ever hear what really happened, we rarely do...unless he tells the story to someone else & they pass it on but who would know what to believe of that after the mega loads of lies he's told.

Re the suicide/depression. In the very first interview he gave along with OW, when Allison was missing, the vid in which she points to a spot on her head indicating where GBC supposedly fell over & bumped it....she was the one, I think, who planted the seed of suicide, when she said "Allison has depression".

It's a very elusive video & I've not see it around for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni