The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kim_Skubris7: Allison Baden Clay's friends demand her husband "be a man for once" and confess to his girls to give them peace #7newsq @7NewsBrisbane

@SharynGhidella: Exclusive new details revealed..about Gerard Baden-Clay's double life. @7NewsBrisbane 6pm #7newsQ

So I know it was just rumours etc about charges being laid for people that may have assisted GBC... but news reports seem to state that police don't have enough evidence to support this - so does that confirm there won't be any other charges laid?

I think there will be more. I just keep thinking about the fact that the interfering with a corpse charge was dropped. Why? What made them drop it? Possibly they found evidence that someone else was responsible for that. We shall see :)

My own humble theory on the blood in the car is that it most likely came from Allison's head - probably a part of her scalp - when she got dumped into the car. Her head would have been over to one side of the car, probably. And there is enough blood in someone's scalp to deposit that little rivulet we've all seen in the photos.

Two things fit with this theory: first, the scalp was so decomposed when Allison was found that at autopsy, a lot of the skull was showing through, so a scalp laceration could have been completely gone. Second, it would be consistent with no blood having been found in or around the house - it only happened when she was dumped into the back of the Captiva.

Just my theory - we'll never know for sure. But it fits...

Sorry to be graphic, but i noted the hair slippage in the autopsy. When the slippage occurs, does the skin come away with the hair, or would the skin be completely decomposed at that point? I always imagined hair slippage to mean that the entire scalp came away including skin. Can you possibly clarify? TIA Doc :)

can you link please laser?

OW and IW live their lives committed to the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju98sE-Xa4o

Yep I listened to that again. Truth? OMG the horrible things you and your father just had to say about Allison were despicable. Go & hide behind your Baden-Mud names.
Allison chucked because she was pregnant with her second bub. OMG you are unforgivable.

I saw people wearing yellow when I went. They also had yellow ribbons, sunflowers in hair and the tickets for court 11 were even yellow. There were no clothes police there lol.

Would be fairly hard to police. Maybe it was just requested of the family??

We don't know if Olivia has removed herself from activities in the Church for the moment. As a person involved with their own church I would think in the same situation I would be pulling back and although not losing faith taking the time to assess and recover from a difficult time. I think the Church the Walton family are involved in are not fair game in this sad situation. THey have nothing to do with Gerard Baden Clay. It's just a sad reflection on how one's terrible behaviour can have far reaching effects. The church would surround Olivia with love and care at this time and that is their role.

You are spot on Aliwonders. Northreach Church does a lot of good in the community- they give out food hampers to the needy every week amongst other things. They are not fair game. There are some wonderful people who attend that church. Olivia is not the one behind bars- we may not agree with the way she and her father and dastardly brother portrayed Allison (I certainly don't)but she has to move forward from this. I would be pulling back on church involvement too . Olivia's children must be missing their Mum too. How long has she been supporting Gerard? I wouldn't be surprised if they moved back to Brisbane to be closer to parents and Gerard's prison. They will take it on as a personal crusade to rehabilitate him- encourage him to confess and ask for forgiveness and restore his faith. For Christians there must be compassion, forgiveness and mercy.

I am catching up on media last night, found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJwQ6cSTS0Q looking for the rest .. interesting to see all the articles in media today :D

It took me hours to read , in it's entirety , the whole spread in the Courier Mail today, a lot of things that were pointed to earlier in the first threads on WS, like the police knew straight away, and how they had escalated it well past a missing person on day one...I thought the Newspaper article was done very well and was very respectful to Allison's whole family, a huge contrast to what the BC's had to say about her, and Im very happy with how the media have dealt with this so far......

Does anyone have any more info about GBC stealing money from Flight Centre for their wedding? I remember reading it one of the many articles floating around now I can't find it!

I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......

They think she had a bleeding nose or facial cuts ( split lip etc ) if he was smothering her, he would of had to use a lot of force, a nose bleed can be quite severe, sadly, this proves she was still alive really when she was bundled in the car, but obviously, barely..Not enough to fight anymore , as the body stops pumping blood once the heart stops, for the blood to seep out, she must have still had a heart beat, which is tragic to imagine and probably why her Father's impact statement mentioned how he wakes up thinking of how she died and cant sleep, wishing he was there to save her...

Very hard to imagine your child dying like that... Makes it all the better that he was not only found guilty but , I am glad he went about it this way, his arrogance has ensured a longer jail sentence, if he had just put up his hands and said " massive accident, Im so sorry, what have i done etc etc" he probably would of got a lot less time and only got man slaughter....

His arrogance , which seems to be in the gene pool, has ultimately caused him to serve as long as possible in jail....

My own humble theory on the blood in the car is that it most likely came from Allison's head - probably a part of her scalp - when she got dumped into the car. Her head would have been over to one side of the car, probably. And there is enough blood in someone's scalp to deposit that little rivulet we've all seen in the photos.

Two things fit with this theory: first, the scalp was so decomposed when Allison was found that at autopsy, a lot of the skull was showing through, so a scalp laceration could have been completely gone. Second, it would be consistent with no blood having been found in or around the house - it only happened when she was dumped into the back of the Captiva.

Just my theory - we'll never know for sure. But it fits...

Thank you for that perspective, Doc. That makes sense :seeya:

Just watched this, it was so interesting, my heart swells with pride when it shows the amazing police,
I wish us WSers had known how confident the police were, I wish we were on the inside lol lol
:laughing:
I recall trying to tell people a number of times that the QPS have an excellent reputation. I hate saying it but......... I told you so.....

They think she had a bleeding nose or facial cuts ( split lip etc ) if he was smothering her, he would of had to use a lot of force, a nose bleed can be quite severe, sadly, this proves she was still alive really when she was bundled in the car, but obviously, barely..Not enough to fight anymore , as the body stops pumping blood once the heart stops, for the blood to seep out, she must have still had a heart beat, which is tragic to imagine and probably why her Father's impact statement mentioned how he wakes up thinking of how she died and cant sleep, wishing he was there to save her...

Very hard to imagine your child dying like that... Makes it all the better that he was not only found guilty but , I am glad he went about it this way, his arrogance has ensured a longer jail sentence, if he had just put up his hands and said " massive accident, Im so sorry, what have i done etc etc" he probably would of got a lot less time and only got man slaughter....

His arrogance , which seems to be in the gene pool, has ultimately caused him to serve as long as possible in jail....

And thank you for that info too. :seeya: People's theories are very helpful to know.

Does anyone have any more info about GBC stealing money from Flight Centre for their wedding? I remember reading it one of the many articles floating around now I can't find it!
I dont know how to link it sorry but I saw that reported today in an interview and it was her friend I think her name is Kerry-Anne(the lovely lady who spoke for the family after the guilty verdict)it is in her statement to the police sorry I cant link it

Has anyone ever wondered if the senior BCs actually do genuinely believe he is innocent? This of course would mean that they didn't have anything to do with the crime (during or after) or helping to cover it up.
I can imagine that someone as dishonest and morally bereft as GBC would have no trouble at all lying to his own family - he has probably done it his whole life, especially to stay out of trouble with them. For me it isn't too hard to believe that he could have told his family the same sob story and laid it on pretty thick about how poor Allison left him to do all and sundry while she was hiding away depressed. He would have loved the attention and consolation from them. In that case it doesn't seem much of a leap for him to have lied to them, planting the suicide idea right from the start maybe? If he has truly always been their precious pearl of a son, they could have fallen for his story easily and been prepared to fight tooth and nail for their much maligned son's innocence. EBC was possibly genuinely distraught when she left the court after the verdict, and needed to get away to have a sob in private?

Alternatively I don't have any trouble thinking that GBC was basically a very weak and needy person who loved to share the misery, as it were, and just had to reach out to someone for help after killing Allison. In that case I can see it being his dad - needed to come to the rescue and devise a plan and help with the clean up and cover story. Maybe the two men kept the knowledge of their dastardly deeds to themselves (don't know that they would keep the women in the loop), and the two of them were cocky enough to think they'd fooled everyone.

I wonder if we'll ever know the full story of all that really happened.

I really do believe with all my heart that they knew, I think the father, mother and sister, knew..I think that he told them a story about how Allison was a bad mother etc etc, probably made out he was the victim, told them she started a fight and he was trying to cover her mouth from screaming and before he realised, she was dead, then he panicked... I think , this is something he would of done, as his father, mother and sister wanted to believe, i still think that no person could be that DUMB to not work out the cuts on his face were not blunt razors, as for his excuse that he could not afford to buy new razors for over 6 months...PPLlllllleassssseeeee..... His father is not a dumb person, he knew from the beginning, as for how they handled it, well they all thought they were above everyone else and they would get away with it.............

I saw on ch7 tonight that when he arrived at wolston he could make one call. He called his parents sobbing proclaiming his innocence. Why would he do that? Is he in denial? Does he believe his lies? I don't understand why he'd be so loudly proclaim his innocence?!??? Puts an awful lot of confusion and questions in my mind. Does anyone have a link to it?? I'll try and find.

I'm now at a point where it's completely overwhelming. He seemed like a shady character before but now, with all the extra info, he seems like a very disgusting human being.

But I still cannot understand WHY he's acting this way?!? Will he deny it to the grave? Why? Wouldn't he be better admitting and asking for forgiveness in the hopes he may one day have a relationship with his kids.

Another question (sorry) - if he gets to see his kids, do they monitor this? It would be unspeakably bad if he manipulated those girls into thinking he was innocent - if he really wasn't.

Hope this is ok to comment on, as it's related to a facebook page - we'll see :) I've just read a post from the Australian Missing Persons Register and the gist is that they offered assistance (I assume by way of posting/spreading the word about Allison) to the BC family on the day Allison was reported missing, which was refused straight up. It's interesting in that the page admin claims it's the first time in 9 years that any family has turned away their help.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...644.1073741827.509702762472925&type=1&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong