The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory on the cut on G's hand - she stabbed him with a stick - it was all she would have had access to. ETA: or keys, someone else mentioned back a bit in the other thread.

But that belief is not a Christian belief. Sorry...you are incorrect there. You have believed these others when they told you they were Christiand when they weren't.....

First, I know the Bible and it's not in there. If you can find it, contact me privately and we can discuss. (This is my personal opinion and not that of Websleuths).

Second, we're not supposed to get into a religious discussion here. The owners really frown on it.

Third, the topic is off topic. I don't remember religion being part of the trial? If it was, we can discuss it with a solid link source.

What do you expect from the media?

Oh you are talking about TM :laughing:

Last time I checked she didn't kill anyone or cheat on her partner.
The media is the real grub in this story.

Grubby grubby grubby. Not unexpected, but grubby, grubby grubby.

First, I know the Bible and it's not in there. If you can find it, contact me privately and we can discuss. (This is my personal opinion and not that of Websleuths).

Second, we're not supposed to get into a religious discussion here. The owners really frown on it.

Third, the topic is off topic. I don't remember religion being part of the trial? If it was, we can discuss it with a solid link source.

Kimster, the only way that religion relates to the trial IMO is that Olivia and Pastor Ian Walton were passing the hat around their congregation for bail money from memory. Oh, and at the trial Nigel B-C corrected the judge's pronunciation of his son's name, first up, saying "We christened him Gerard". It is a righteousness that they project coupled with their Church connections. All pretty stock standard stuff.

My theory on the cut on G's hand - she stabbed him with a stick - it was all she would have had access to. ETA: or keys, someone else mentioned back a bit in the other thread.

I can't say I have seen the pics of his hand, but I doubt she had a stick in the lounge room.
I would guess he slipped getting down the embankment at the creek. It is incredibly steep and I can't imagine trying to get through that scrub at night.

I don't know how to link it, but on the front page of News.com.au there is a very tasteful video called "A Missing Person Like No Other" which runs for 5:05 and features Courier Mail journalists reflecting on the early days of the case.

I can't say I have seen the pics of his hand, but I doubt she had a stick in the lounge room.
I would guess he slipped getting down the embankment at the creek. It is incredibly steep and I can't imagine trying to get through that scrub at night.

If he killed her in the loungeroom, then no, it wouldn't have been a stick. You may be right, I hadn't thought about the scrub at the creek.

Gerard Baden-Clay’s former mistress paid six-figure sum for 60 Minutes interview

July 17, 2014 12:00AM

TONI McHugh has returned to the real estate industry under a new name and is rumoured to have accepted a six-figure sum for a tell-all television interview.

The woman who was Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress for more than three years is trying to move on with her life as rumours abound she was paid up to $200,000 for an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...inutes-interview/story-fnihsrf2-1226991485168

WHAT!!! Disgraceful.

If he killed her in the loungeroom, then no, it wouldn't have been a stick. You may be right, I hadn't thought about the scrub at the creek.

Well that is what the prosecution is telling us.
She was killed (probably suffocated) in the house, dragged round the back (picking up leaves in her hair) to the car, driven up past the Kenmore round-a-bout and out to Kholo Creek.

The photo on this page of his chest paints the picture for me. (along with the obvious scratches on his face.)
http://multimedia.aapnewswire.com.au/search.aspx?search=badenclaywrap&gallery=BADEN-CLAY+COURT+FILE
This photo shows a desperate person trying to fight for their life.
She may have clawed at his hands also. (I haven't seen the photo in question)
Either way those scratches made the case.
Both Alison and the "leaf guy" (along with the great work from QPS) are the ones who cracked this case.

I can only imagine how much harder it would have been if Gerard said the scratches were from something else.
I mean an obvious excuse would have been he went to pick up one of the kids and they reached up and scratched him.
He thought he could cover it up as a shaving cut and once he told police that there was no changing his story.

What do you expect from the media?

Oh you are talking about TM :laughing:

Last time I checked she didn't kill anyone or cheat on her partner.
The media is the real grub in this story.

She did cheat on her partner - she eventually ended it but initially did cheat. She didnt have to accept the $250,000.

And as for being a grub, you don't think her having sex in their cars and even a couple of times in the family home of Allison, Gerard and the girls is being grubby? In all of her comments in evidence and interviews there doesnt seem to have been any concern for Allison and the effect the affair had on her. Toni McHugh seemed to think she deserved the same rights as Gerards wife. No she didn't kill anyone but her behaviour was extremely selfish and uncaring. She had an affair with Gerard while Allison was working in the same office, and it appeared everyone knew. How humiliating ultimately for Allison. When you have an affair with a married man, you've got to know you are doing something that will ultimately hurt the wife. No excuses!

Well that is what the prosecution is telling us.
She was killed (probably suffocated) in the house, dragged round the back (picking up leaves in her hair) to the car, driven up past the Kenmore round-a-bout and out to Kholo Creek.

The photo on this page of his chest paints the picture for me. (along with the obvious scratches on his face.)
http://multimedia.aapnewswire.com.au/search.aspx?search=badenclaywrap&gallery=BADEN-CLAY+COURT+FILE
This photo shows a desperate person trying to fight for their life.
She may have clawed at his hands also. (I haven't seen the photo in question)
Either way those scratches made the case.
Both Alison and the "leaf guy" (along with the great work from QPS) are the ones who cracked this case.

I can only imagine how much harder it would have been if Gerard said the scratches were from something else.
I mean an obvious excuse would have been he went to pick up one of the kids and they reached up and scratched him.
He thought he could cover it up as a shaving cut and once he told police that there was no changing his story.

Absolutely. I won't argue with the prosecution!

Just posting this again. A get together is being organised for very soon, so if interested, please go to The Jury Room.

Hi all,

With Kimsters permission I post the link to the Jury Room http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-The-Jury-Roomwhich is where you'll find my thread about Getting Together.

On the thread, please read Kimsters notes and warnings about getting together and foregoing anonymity. It's a personal decision that needs to be considered carefully.

We can't discuss getting together on this thread so don't respond here just go to the Jury Room.

Regarding the money TM is getting for the interview, the good part is that GBC gets to sit there and learn how TM got paid and he gets to sit in jail without, since money was so <modsnip> important that he killed a beautiful life to have it!!!

:furious:

I totally refuse to watch. I hope the money
She gets helps her boys.
Their poor lives have been stuffed
Selfish damn people ruining their kids
Lives

She did cheat on her partner - she eventually ended it but initially did cheat. She didnt have to accept the $250,000.

And as for being a grub, you don't think her having sex in their cars and even a couple of times in the family home of Allison, Gerard and the girls is being grubby? In all of her comments in evidence and interviews there doesnt seem to have been any concern for Allison and the effect the affair had on her. Toni McHugh seemed to think she deserved the same rights as Gerards wife. No she didn't kill anyone but her behaviour was extremely selfish and uncaring. She had an affair with Gerard while Allison was working in the same office, and it appeared everyone knew. How humiliating ultimately for Allison. When you have an affair with a married man, you've got to know you are doing something that will ultimately hurt the wife. No excuses!

I just think how much easier/ethical/respectful/professional it would have been for TMH to say - "Oh, OK, I wont go to the conference myself if Allison is going - that's alright".

How much would that have changed the circumstances of that particular night.

We will never know :(

Is it possible to somehow object paying the legal aid money to murderers? It is appalling that the GBC'si legal team is going to appeal. I was thinking, if that flow of money stopped, GBC would be left on his own.

His legal team was saying
'no no mate you're home and hosed'
'don't worry you did a great job on the stand'
'Yeah mate we've got it in the bag'
'Theyve got nothing on you'

'oh sorry mate uh, bloody jury got it wrong'
'Look just hang in there well get you off'

'Yeah mate well keep in touch were just going up the road for a nice cold beer, see ya'. :D:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.