The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the channel7 promo the kayakers show the spot where they found Allison.

The poor kayaker is now infamous, I'll he wishes he never went down the creek that day, although I did like how he said that Allison looked so peacefull, almost like she was sleeping. All good thoughts to him.

Hi Mumma Bear

From my experience hand written by the police officer as you speak...

Spelling probably not the priority, the officer/s usually focused on helping you to relax and focus at the time, but I entirely get what you're saying.

One thing that has really bugged me about the police statements is the consistently poor grammar and spelling - it's truly appalling! Reading them after the bail hearing didn't exactly fill me with confidence in the investigation, I'd have to admit.

Has anyone ever made a police statement? I'm interested to know if they are typed up by the person making the statement, the police officer or by admin staff? If I ever had to make a statement I'd probably annoy the officers by correcting all the typos before agreeing to sign anything!

Hi catwhiskers

The perception/scale is much clearer when you see the photo you linked with the blue canoeist.

Seeing Todd Fuller in court (using photos of the crime scene) explaining how GBC pushed Allison's body off a ledge under the bridge made so much sense to me. The bridge today (& surrounds) are not what they were in 2012.

Blessed is the cheesmaker and the other two very generous mates. They all said they weren't in an hurry to get back their $270,000 and fortunately they got their wish. Being such good mates a minimum 15 year wait should make them very happy, yes??
Even happier if they never see the money again. Such wonderful mates.
Nobody was banking on this outcome.

Hi Snails

Your perspective is Allison (alive or dead) was dumped at the bridge not swept down from a site upstream?

Seeing Todd Fuller in court (using photos of the crime scene) explaining how GBC pushed Allison's body off a ledge under the bridge made so much sense to me. The bridge today (& surrounds) are not what they where in 2012.

Hi Snails

Your perspective is Allison (alive or dead) was dumped at the bridge not swept down from a site upstream?

Definitely dropped off a ledge that was under the bridge and landed on a plateau just above the high tide mark. It was a lightbulb moment for me. It was quite confronting as Allison's body was in the photos and I wasn't expecting to see that in the prosecutions summing up. From that very moment everything became clear for me.

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

July 20, 2014 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Bucket please!!!

Thanks Snails

Not seeing such photos (devastating) and only just realising the perspective (seeing the blue canoeist paddling under the bridge) from viewing those AussieCrim photos posted just slightly earlier tonight brought the 'tide' mark to mind and got me wondering all over again.

That you were in the court room with so much evidence presented gives you a perspective I can only guess at.

Definitely dropped off a ledge that was under the bridge and landed on a plateau just above the high tide mark. It was a lightbulb moment for me. It was quite confronting as Allison's body was in the photos and I wasn't expecting to see that in the prosecutions summing up. From that very moment everything became clear for me.

Dear god! Allison not maintaining the garden?! That's right, he did everything didn't he? Oh except BREASTFEED his daughters, but only because he couldn't! I'm angry now and I'm going to bed. With the MH17 flight disaster and then reading this I've had it.

GBC 'stood to gain $600K MEDIA DEAL PAYOUT if acquitted.....

Did he 'factor' this in before 19 April with Toni too?

From that same link...

Family and friends have told how Allison’s personality slowly changed as she was subjected to a daily litany of put-downs and criticisms.

They said she often spoke to them of a husband who called her lazy and berated her for not maintaining the garden.

Thanks Snails

Not seeing such photos (devastating) and only just realising the perspective (seeing the blue canoeist paddling under the bridge) from viewing those AussieCrim photos posted just slightly earlier tonight brought the 'tide' mark to mind and got me wondering all over again.

That you were in the court room with so much evidence presented gives you a perspective I can only guess at.

Let's just say that I love Todd Fuller. The way he described in a simple and calm manner how it was done, it left no doubt in my mind, and it obviously left no reasonable doubt in the jurors mind either.

Ahh! So THAT'S what he was shaking about and having breathing problems over when the verdict was read out.
That makes sense to me ;)

No money for GBC or for his family who negotiated this deal.

Snails

Don't go to bed angry...

This might not help mind you : I'll try to word it so it does.

GBC couldn't breastfeed any of their beautiful babies : nor could he 'grow' them and feel them and spend 9 months or so choosing what to eat, drink, listen to, when to sleep and/or when to play (tickle them in his tummy') and talk to each of them before they ever took their first breath of fresh air.

Now that's a nice way to go to sleep. It truly is 'man's' greatest loss not ever experiencing this.

Allison experienced this blessing three times ! ! !

Dear god! Not maintaining the garden! That's right, he did everything didn't he, oh except BREASTFEED but only because he couldn't! I'm angry now and I'm going to bed. With the MH17 flight disaster and then reading this I've had it.

Snails

Don't go to bed angry...

This might not help mind you : I'll try to word it so it does.

GBC couldn't breastfeed any of their beautiful babies : nor could he 'grow' them and feel them and spend 9 months or so choosing what to eat, drink, listen to, when to sleep and/or when to play (tickle them in his tummy') and talk to each of them before they ever took their first breath of fresh air.

Now that's a nice way to go to sleep. It truly is 'man's' greatest loss not ever experiencing this.

Allison experienced this blessing three times ! ! !

I've calmed down now and will go to bed knowing that GBC was merely a jealous psychopath who blamed everyone else for EVERYTHING that wasn't how he dreamed it SHOULD be in his life.

Gerard Baden-Clay’s Brookfield house spooks renters
The Brookfield Rd house was listed for rent for $460 by Harcourts in Kenmore in August as a “must inspect” listing but it remained empty.

Its owners, who own a childcare centre next door, have since turned the house into a caretakers’ residence.
The Courier-Mail has been told outraged members of the public called the real estate agency saying it was disrespectful to offer the home for rent.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-spooks-renters/story-fnihsrf2-1226994041178

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-minutes-program/story-fnihsrf2-1226994741459

“HE KILLED for himself”.

Four damning words from the mistress of convicted wife killer, Gerard Baden-Clay.

In an emotional interview to air tonight on 60 Minutes, Toni McHugh reveals why she believed she wasn’t the reason Baden-Clay murdered his wife Allison.

Speaking for the first time since the trial, Ms McHugh said: “I’ll never understand how, how it could have happened. I don’t believe that he murdered her for me. Why I say he didn’t, he did not kill her to be with me, was that I loved him already. He didn’t need to, he already had me.”

Asked why he killed “if it wasn’t for love”, Ms McHugh said: “He killed for himself.”

One thing I hold out for - though it may take some time - and lets hope its in the next 15 years...
Forensic science and technology will be able to go back and look at the evidence of this crime and there will be no doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth