The Animal Hair/Fur

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyObsessed

Reaction score
I am truly baffled by the mention of finding and testing animal hair/fur in the trunk of the car - namely on the pizza box. It was also found IIRC in the tire well. Did KC actually place a dead squirrel in the trunk (as mentioned in her text to AD) to try and explain away the horrific smell? Sorry I don't have a link to the actual pages in the doc dump. I will try to find it again.

Here is one report reference. P. 56 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/trunkevidence(1).pdf

I am truly baffled by the mention of finding and testing animal hair/fur in the trunk of the car - namely on the pizza box. It was also found IIRC in the tire well. Did KC actually place a dead squirrel in the trunk (as mentioned in her text to AD) to try and explain away the horrific smell? Sorry I don't have a link to the actual pages in the doc dump. I will try to find it again.

Here is one report reference. P. 56 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/trunkevidence(1).pdf

It was also found on Caylee's mama doll.

Could it just be transfer hair from the Anthony's dogs?

Well, the curious thing is that there are animal hairs identified as dog hair, cat hair and even rabbit fur (at the crime scene), but these particular ones are left unidentified and generically referenced as "animal hair, fur".

I wonder if it could have been from clothing, a rabbit fur vest for example? Or from a stuffed animal? Or maybe she started nailing squirrels as suggested earlier...

On one of the pages it said that it was not dog or cat fur...I wonder if she happened to hit a squirrel, or found one on the side of the road and put it in the trunk to come up with an excuse for the smell.

Well, they have two Yorkies, but they do not shed.....They have hair like us that keeps growing, that's why I got one.

On one of the pages it said that it was not dog or cat fur...I wonder if she happened to hit a squirrel, or found one on the side of the road and put it in the trunk to come up with an excuse for the smell.

It must be the squirrel that happened to be looking for acorns in JG's house and found the spare car key...then let himself into KC's car trunk where he died and then crawled up under the hood...lol:crazy::doh:

Well, they have two Yorkies, but they do not shed.....They have hair like us that keeps growing, that's why I got one.

Just what I was thinking, Yorkies do not have fur-wonder if LE is aware of this.
Their hair is brown, black, silvery, IIRC.

Just what I was thinking, Yorkies do not have fur-wonder if LE is aware of this.
Their hair is brown, black, silvery, IIRC.

Well, in the forensic reports when they identify something as dog or cat they state "dog hair", "cat hair"...this is "animal hair (AH), fur".

They sure don't. I've got 2 now and in my 47 yrs. we've had 6. No shedding @ all.

What in the world could it be????

:(
Well, in the forensic reports when they identify something as dog or cat they state "dog hair", "cat hair"...this is "animal hair (AH), fur".

Ahhhh...the ever elusive Big Foot or the Chupacabra?? :idea:

I'm thinking/hoping the unidentified "animal hair, fur" would have been tested against squirrel fur...just as a matter of ruling it out....just what I'd do...

ETA : I still can't find the animal hair/fur references in the documents....:(

Well, the curious thing is that there are animal hairs identified as dog hair, cat hair and even rabbit fur (at the crime scene), but these particular ones are left unidentified and generically referenced as "animal hair, fur".
It could have been that she did leave Caylee somewhere "out there"...and later went and retrieved her before finally dumping her near her home.

I'm thinking/hoping the unidentified "animal hair, fur" would have been tested against squirrel fur...just as a matter of ruling it out....just what I'd do...

I did see the animal hair put out there by a poster with page #s (IIRC)...but can't remember which thread. Sorry.
I'm glad someone started this thread. It was the the first time I said "WTF!!" when I read about it.

We have all sorts of furry creatures in the woods where i come from, fox, badger, skunk, coon, to name a few, but does anyone know what ones might inhabit the woods in that area??

Forgive the O/T:

MyTinkieGirl, for the past year that I've been stalking this website my 4 yr. old son always points at your Avatar and says "Momma that dog looks like Jagger & Jet" -- our 2 Yorkies.

Your furbabies are adorable.

MTG - I edited my first post above with a link to docs with the AH/fur reference. Go to page 54 of that doc and look at beginning Q49, Q50-54. It list AHs (animal hairs). IIRC somewhere in the massive FBI docs released yesterday there is even discussion between LE and techs about testing the AH or fur as it it also referred to.

We have all sorts of furry creatures in the woods where i come from, fox, badger, skunk, coon, to name a few, but does anyone know what ones might inhabit the woods in that area??

I live to the west of Orlando near the Gulf of Mexico but I do live in a subdivision and my backyard is similar to the spot that Caylee was found. We have raccoons, squirrels, otters, opossum, armadillos, bobcats, Fl panthers once in a while, a stray cat , alligators, snakes that swim in the creek(water moccasin), egrets, an eagle's nest, ducks, rats, rabbits and rarely a stray dog. That is what I can think of off of the top of my head.

It could have been that she did leave Caylee somewhere "out there"...and later went and retrieved her before finally dumping her near her home.

Well, I can't say I would dismiss that idea. The animal fur had to get all in the trunk and in the trash bag some how!

i think someone had a furcoat

certainly not because of florida weather.. but didnt they move from the northern area of the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong