The Anthony's re-baptized on Caylee's 4th birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the long term Ramsey case followers- Does this not remind you of the Ramsey's insistence that 12/ 25 be engraved and forever used as the day JonBenet died, although forensic autopsy reports suggest it was after midnight, thus the 26th? December 25th, the day and night Christians celebrate as the birthday of Jesus Christ.

IF JBR had not been " the little beauty queen who died on Christmas night", we never would have known about her. News media would have passed the story by. I bet they wished over the years that they had let the date be.. not turned a tragedy into a media circus, probably the worst of the 20th century.

I don't know the hearts and minds of the Anthony's, none of us do or can. I am sure Caylee's birthday was a very emotional day for them, and maybe they do have an introspective spiritula side which I haven't seen displayed.
Mostly, I've seen them angry and cursing up til now.

I hope they did the right thing for the right reason for each of them. Otherwise, this ranks up there with the Ramseys publicity bus.
JMO,
Maria

I see a lot of similarities between the way the Ramseys behaved and the way the Anthonys behave, especially in deciding to ditch seeking justice for the deceased in favor of trying to salvage what's left for the benefit of the living, even if they have to lie to do it, even it's at the expense of the deceased.

Respectfully, I think the Bible does say something about being re-baptized in the 19th chapter of Acts. Paul comes across disciples who had already been baptized and after teaching them further truths of the Word, he baptizes them again.

I was baptized when I was about 12 years old because some of my friends were doing it and I wanted to join in - and get the free Bible the church gave you when you got baptized. But there was no change in my heart or spirit and I didn't know Jesus as my Savior. Sure, I answered yes to all the Pastor's questions about whether I knew I was a sinner and that Jesus died on the cross for my salvation, and that I would accept him by faith. But I didn't really even know what those words meant. When I actually did come to the Lord - the day after my 20th birthday - I realized that being baptized before I came to know the Lord was putting the cart before the horse and that baptism was meaningless so I was baptized again or re-baptized.

I won't try to guess at the A's reasons for wanting to be re-baptized as it is between them and the Lord as is whether or not there is an inward commitment to go along with this outward identification with Christ and His church. I just wanted to point out that there were those in the Bible that were baptized more than once.

Paul is well known for having chastised new churches for their lack of understanding about matters of the spirit. Most of the "books" that Paul wrote were actually letters to the churches giving them instruction on how to behave properly. If one does anything fivolously, as in being baptized before one has actually come to believe in the truth of Jesus, then of course, one was simply dunked under water and no true spiritual baptism has actually occurred. However, it is uncommon for two people to arrive at exactly the same spiritual plateau at exactly the same time, so it is unlikely to me that the A's BOTH were previously baptized frivolously and then came to the realization of the truth at exactly the same time...Matters of the spirit are not generally so "scheduled"...;)

I believe the future will tell the tale! If this reaffirmation is real there will be signs of it! And if this reaffirnation is for other reasons-there will be signs of it also. Because baptism itself is only a symbol-the water, whether dunked or sprinkled, symbolizes a cleansing from the old self to the new. The water in and of itself has no power to change the person.
So the future will show whether the A's became cleansed and changed - or -just wet!!;)

Here is a link that goes into some depth about this "controversy" and goes to show that we, as others who have gone before, may go on debating this for all time...who knows? Not I...

But I will tell you this.

I was baptised when I was nine years old. Seven is the accpeted age of "reason" so I was well beyond that. I remember the baptism to this day, and I remember believing that I was saved then, at the age of nine...Have I been a perfect person since then? No. Have I made multitudes of mistakes and committed mountains of sins? Yes. Do I feel that because of this human nature of sinfullness that I should be baptized again? How would that help me? My sins were covered in the moment when I first believed, and for me, that moment was at the age of nine. God does not make mistakes. God is perfect. So I assume when He made the requirement of salvation that we believe that He knew what He was doing and that He was right. Baptism is only an outward "ceremony" if you will of something that has happened inwardly...Of course, if one was "faking it" for whatever reason then perhaps a second baptism would be necessary...

Here is the link: http://preachinghelp.org/sermons/bapt-out.pdf

I noticed several posts on this subject on Caylee's 4th birthday thread so I thought I'd start a thread where this can be discussed without cluttering up her birthday thread.
I don't really have a problem with their "re-baptism" on Caylee's 4th Birthday. The fact that they are baptized at all is a step in the right direction. I applaud their spiritual leaders and pray that the WORD preached to them will not return void. If ever there was a family that needs God...it's the A's. Baptism btw does not remove or absolve one of sin...accepting Jesus Christ as savior does. So unless they've made a profession of faith they can be dunked til Jesus comes back and they will still be the same headed straight to hell. JMO of course

I hope you're right and that the A's have chosen to walk with God from here on out. If that proves to be true, I will think that using Caylee's birthday for dedicating themselves would be the best gift they could possibly give her.

Unfortunately, I've been watching the A's for over a year now and am unable to give them the benefit of doubt. I've been sorely disappointed each time I have. So until I'm proven wrong, I'm going to assume this was just another way to put the focus on them, away from Caylee on HER day; a cheap publicity stunt to benefit THEIR foundation. I emphasize 'their' because I don't believe it has anything to do with Caylee nor do I believe the spirit behind it is to benefit anyone other than the A's. If anyone else is helped, it will be a byproduct of the true goal of the enterprise which I believe is funding the A's in a lifestyle greater than they have ever known. I don't believe Gentiva is going to pay any employee for years on end out of some 'emergency fund.' The length of time involved here, the finding of Caylee's remains, etc. negates any definition of 'emergency.' JMO

...and I have to say that I'm very honored to be a part of this group here at WS. Caylee was honored here yesteday with so much love and respect. I see in the daily updates that there were those on the internet who did not take kindly to the As who, in their minds, "upstaged" Caylee's special day. But, there was very little mention of it on the thread here. Yesterday was all about Caylee IMO. It's a shame that the As have behaved the way they have. There is so much love and support here that I know would be gladly shared "if only"...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent post and there is no doubt in my mind. I read some of the posts here about the obstacles overcome, challenges met by some of our community and I am in awe. Some of the stories of forgiveness bring a tear to my eye and that's not an easy thing to do. I'm confident the A's would be welcomed here with open arms, as I was, as everyone else was, "if only"...

I don't think there is ever an inappropriate day to get baptised. And there is nothing wrong with the Anthony's wanting to memorialize a life lost by being born anew. I think it's wonderful that a tragedy of such magnitude in this family's life has had a positive effect in that they are turning to God and spirituality and I think that should be celebrated.

If it's true...

All I can say is that if they had done it for the purest and right reasons...we would not have known about it. ;)

Great catch. Now that you point it out, it seems obvious.
an_baseballcatch.gif

http://www.wesh.com/news/20338300/detail.html

At this link it seems like this to me"

In the name of the Father, the Son and...Caylee?

Very strange indeed.

Ok, I read this article yesterday. But it didn't sink in about BC being there and a video of Caylee being shown until I read it just now.

I am sorry, but I have never seen a video of anyone shown during a baptism in the Methodist Church. Maybe this is how it is done in the Baptist Churches. I will say that after each of my kids and grandkids were baptized, it was during the Sunday service and took all of 15 minutes and was performed with the respect due to the Pastor and Church. We then had a family/friends party at our home after we got back from Church.

Ok, I read this article yesterday. But it didn't sink in about BC being there and a video of Caylee being shown until I read it just now.

I am sorry, but I have never seen a video of anyone shown during a baptism in the Methodist Church. Maybe this is how it is done in the Baptist Churches. I will say that after each of my kids and grandkids were baptized, it was during the Sunday service and took all of 15 minutes and was performed with the respect due to the Pastor and Church. We then had a family/friends party at our home after we got back from Church.

When I read the article I took it that there was three things that took place at the service: a re-baptism, a video montage, and a balloon release. I don't the video was part of the baptism necessarily.

I took it that all three were done as a tribute to Caylee.

How do we know that George and Cindy were ever baptised to begin with? This might be the Anthony's first baptism and it might also be their way of demonstrating to Caylee that they intend to be with her in Heaven. The Anthony's can no longer give Caylee material gifts for her birthday. I think this was their way of expressing their love for Caylee and making sure they can all be together in Heaven.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20338300/detail.html

The article notes "re-baptised" which indicates it happening before. It goes on to describe the publicity stunt -- er-- I mean religious ceremony during which a video montage of Caylee was shown. Of course, their lawyer was in attendance, I suppose to go over the fine points of the contract. <joking> The reason I mention his appearance is there was no mention of any family members there; not GA's parents, not CA's mother, not even Lee participated unless the author just didn't know or for some reason decided not to include that information. Josh Duckett, Trenton's father was also there.

This may sound snarky... But I wonder if the A's will begin tithing?

How do we know that George and Cindy were ever baptised to begin with? This might be the Anthony's first baptism and it might also be their way of demonstrating to Caylee that they intend to be with her in Heaven. The Anthony's can no longer give Caylee material gifts for her birthday. I think this was their way of expressing their love for Caylee and making sure they can all be together in Heaven.

This may just be the cynic in me . . . . I do NOT think the A's deserve to be with Caylee in Heaven. Their way of expressing their love for her? If I were there, I'd spit on them. They SHOULD HAVE expressed their love for her on July 15, 2008 and kept doing so since. G & C have done NOTHING to honor Caylee's life or to help bring justice for what happened to her. The reason they can't give Caylee material gifts anymore is because she was murdered and the A's don't give a rats a@@ about holding the person who did it responsible. This whole "re-baptising" nonsense is just a publicity stunt. I hope that if and when the A's go to Heaven, Caylee gives them a piece of her mind!

This may sound snarky... But I wonder if the A's will begin tithing?

Actually I was gonna add that thought into one of my posts but didn't. But since you did I can add my :twocents:. I follow Dave Ramseys practice in my monthly budget a set % is immediately given to my church. My church and Pastor know how much more time and financial support I give. No one else does.

I don't need to know if the A clan will or won't tith any amount. But God will.

And yes, it was very strange that it wasn't reported that other members of the A clan were or were not in attendance. Why it was reported at all is even more strange. For the personal occasion it should have been, the A's made sure we, the media and public, all knew about it. At least JB was not gonna talk to the media about how KC was observing it.

It's almost as if the A's are trying to worship Caylee---not God.

Well I see this as a positive. And like momtective I believe they will only want to change when they've accepted Jesus. Even if they've now done both, I do not expect to see a change from black to white overnight. I have heard a few others testify that once they received Christ the next day their whole life was different. Now maybe I misunderstood, maybe their thinking changed everything, but in my experience it takes years and years and years for change, it's a gradual thing. I know for myself, I will be in God's classroom until I take my last breath. moo

Well I see this as a positive. And like momtective I believe they will only want to change when they've accepted Jesus. Even if they've now done both, I do not expect to see a change from black to white overnight. I have heard a few others testify that once they received Christ the next day their whole life was different. Now maybe I misunderstood, maybe their thinking changed everything, but in my experience it takes years and years and years for change, it's a gradual thing. I know for myself, I will be in God's classroom until I take my last breath. moo

Well, as one devout Christian friend of my puts it, "God knows I'm a work in progress."

BTW-- I have no religion, myself. But, I respect others beliefs.

I dislike being in the position of appearing to support anything George or Cindy have done but I just want to share the fact that the Baptist hold to the belief that a baptism is a "public profession" of one's belief in Christ. I pray it's as sincere as it is public!

My only concern is that they have a precident for changing their stories and lying. Do we believe that they have truly found God? That's not my call. But I would expect some serious releases of "truth" to the media with their religious revelation. Otherwise, they're still telling "mistruths" to save their daughter and are working on their image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong