The Bloody Sock

Jeana (DP) said:
I'll tell you what. If someone finds "the real killer," have them call me. Then I'll call the Easter Bunny and the Easter Bunny can call Santa and so on and so on. . .
Aw, no fair. You just want to take all the credit for finding him.

justice2 said:
I think Darin planted the sock. If he was just stuffing some bloody clothes down the drain, I'm sure there would have been some blood on the concrete in and around the drain. If the clothes were bagged up, then how could he have accidentally dropped the sock.
I doubt if the clothing would be dripping with blood. The sock, for example, had very little blood on it. If he rolled it all up in a tee shirt, the sock could have fallen out and the items tossed down the drain without leaving any telltale signs behind. Also, we don't know if anyone even looked at the sewer close enough to spot a tiny spot of blood on it.

cami said:
I wonder why they didn't send the tracking dogs down the alley with both Darin's and Darlie's scent. That would end this mystery of the sock once and for all, you think???? It was probably too late when they thought of it.
The dog they had was specifically trained to track an unknown from the house. Don't ask me how they do it, but I saw a show recently on different dogs being trained for different things. The dog they had was borrowed from Arlington, I think. I agree it would have been great if they had access to a dog that could do that. I am not sure the one they had could though. If it could and they didn't, maybe it was simply that they didn't seriously suspect her yet. Not enough anyway to think of it.

One other thought, maybe they didn't because D&D lived there and could easily explain why their scent was in the alley.

Goody said:
Aw, no fair. You just want to take all the credit for finding him.

I wish I could, but in this case, all the credit goes to the Rowlett Police Department and the prosecutor's office!! They've got their girl. :) :) :)

Goody said:
I doubt if the clothing would be dripping with blood. The sock, for example, had very little blood on it. If he rolled it all up in a tee shirt, the sock could have fallen out and the items tossed down the drain without leaving any telltale signs behind. Also, we don't know if anyone even looked at the sewer close enough to spot a tiny spot of blood on it.

I agree. I also don't think the sock got that blood on it by accident or there would have been more on it. I think it was definately planned that way.

Goody said:
Wouldn't be dripping with blood, never said that. It would be a smear of blood from being stuffed down the drain, so it wouldn't have been hard to spot. Yeah, could have gone done without out leaving anything, but what a lucky person if it did.

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree. I also don't think the sock got that blood on it by accident or there would have been more on it. I think it was definately planned that way.
If it was part of the clothes that got stuffed down the drain, we assume can assume it was being worn by someone, and the only place I can think they would get "light transfer" blood would be from the carpet. How did someone miss stepping in all that blood, and also not get any of Darlie's blood on it.

justice2 said:
If it was part of the clothes that got stuffed down the drain, we assume can assume it was being worn by someone, and the only place I can think they would get "light transfer" blood would be from the carpet. How did someone miss stepping in all that blood, and also not get any of Darlie's blood on it.

There were no clothes stuffed down the drain.

Jeana (DP) said:
I thought there was one drain that they couldn't get to.

Jeana (DP) said:
I believe just the opposite. I think if an amateur were going to stage a bloody sock, the sock would have more blood on it than one that just picked up the blood in the course of the crime. Lay people always think it takes more blood to look authentic. I think Darlie was wearing that sock and probably its mate and at some point she feared it would incriminate her if found at the scene, and that Darin was probably given the responsibilty of disposing of it down the sewer and just dropped it accidentally. I agree with the FBI profiler on this one. I think it they had planted the sock to be found by police, they would have left it closer to the house to make sure police would find it. The reason that sock doesn't fit into the rest of the crime scene is because it was not supposed to be found.

justice2 said:
Because there was not a lot of blood at the scene. It looks like a lot in the photos but those drops are rather small and they trail. The only pools of blood are under the boys' bodies. Most of the carpeting did not have any blood on it.

The bloody footprints in the kitchen were not made by stepping in blood on the carpet and tracking it in there. That blood came from a source at the kitchen sink. Darlie's neck wound, I would guess. As she steps away from the sink the impressions get lighter.

Jeana (DP) said:
How do you know? No one ever looked down the sewer. Remember, they were going to but they needed to get a key from the city for the main pipe cover and never did. The only thing they could say was that nothing was hung up in the sewer opening. So it is very possible that the sock was part of other things that were dumped down the sewer. It was just the only thing that didn't make it. That would explain where Darin's shirt went (if he had one) and where the mate to the sock went.

The DNA expert said a person would have to wear the sock of some time (more than just a few minutes) for them to pick up traces of skin cells. That would put the sock on Darlie's foot, not her hand, and if she was wearing one sock, she was wearing another. Where did it go?

I think the police missed a golden opportunity by not looking down that main sewer pipe.

Well, the sewer pipe is still there. Wanna come over and we'll go take a look. LOL I had no more information than ya'll, I just don't think anyone took the time it would have taken to stuff stuff in there. I think its possible the Darin took the sock down there, but I don't think its necessarily that he had to be the one. I think its entirely possible (in fact I think I lean toward) Darlie doing it herself. She certainly had the time.

Goody said:
I believe just the opposite. I think if an amateur were going to stage a bloody sock, the sock would have more blood on it than one that just picked up the blood in the course of the crime. Lay people always think it takes more blood to look authentic. I think Darlie was wearing that sock and probably its mate and at some point she feared it would incriminate her if found at the scene, and that Darin was probably given the responsibilty of disposing of it down the sewer and just dropped it accidentally. I agree with the FBI profiler on this one. I think it they had planted the sock to be found by police, they would have left it closer to the house to make sure police would find it. The reason that sock doesn't fit into the rest of the crime scene is because it was not supposed to be found.
If Darlie was wearing the sock on her feet why is there none of her blood on it and none on the top of the sock.

Jeana (DP) said:
Well, the sewer pipe is still there. Wanna come over and we'll go take a look. LOL I had no more information than ya'll, I just don't think anyone took the time it would have taken to stuff stuff in there. I think its possible the Darin took the sock down there, but I don't think its necessarily that he had to be the one. I think its entirely possible (in fact I think I lean toward) Darlie doing it herself. She certainly had the time.
For Darlie, the time element is not the problem. It is the blood from her arm that presents a problem unless it was self inflicted too. In that case, she would not have been dripping blood sometime during the murders until paramedics arrived to bandage it.

I wouldn't mind taking a look see in that main pipe. If I were healthy, I'd be telling TJ to pack up; we're heading for Texas. hahahahahahah! Who knows? Maybe that tee shirt or other sock got snagged and is just sitting there slowly rotting as if it is waiting to be discovered...the way some bodies wait to be exhumed. :D

justice2 said:
If Darlie was wearing the sock on her feet why is there none of her blood on it and none on the top of the sock.
Good question. Even the socks would have had to be removed before the arm injury, I guess. That definitely points to both her knife injuries being self inflicted.

Goody said:
Good question. Even the socks would have had to be removed before the arm injury, I guess. That definitely points to both her knife injuries being self inflicted.
I've never thought she was wearing the socks since they were man's tub socks, but I'll keep that in mind in trying to figure out a scenario. I wonder if the knife injury on her arm is the blood that is mixed with the cast off of the boys, and then she did the neck injury later. I'm still leaning toward her lying down when her neck was cut. But geeze who knows!

justice2 said:
I've never thought she was wearing the socks since they were man's tub socks, but I'll keep that in mind in trying to figure out a scenario. I wonder if the knife injury on her arm is the blood that is mixed with the cast off of the boys, and then she did the neck injury later. I'm still leaning toward her lying down when her neck was cut. But geeze who knows!
As I recall the DNA expert thought it would take some time with it on for her DNA to show up in their tests. I took it to mean that just wearing it for a few minutes on her hand or just handling it to run it down the alley would not have been long enough for her DNA to show up on it.

The defense came up with the theory that the intruder might have shoved the sock in her mouth to muffle her screams and the DNA came from her salina.

She had ample time to do all of the things during the time alotted. Another thing to keep in mind is that she was on a cordless phone during the 911 call. Most people forget this simple fact. This "frees her up" quite a bit.

justice2 said:
OK, without reading the last "legal" document (don't remember what is was called), I think I remember now reading that there was some blood on the top of the sock, which was some of the stuff that they want tested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back