The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone check this quote from Fox:

"Police Lt. Ken Teppel said Bolingbrook Fire Department logs show a report of a drug overdose involving sleeping pills for Morphey around 11 p.m. on Oct. 29. He was stabilized and taken to a hospital. The logs indicate Morphey never talked to a police officer, and the Tribune reported that it was a friend of Morphey's who contacted police."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313655,00.html

So, did Morphey or didn't he talk to police?

Did anyone check this quote from Fox:

"Police Lt. Ken Teppel said Bolingbrook Fire Department logs show a report of a drug overdose involving sleeping pills for Morphey around 11 p.m. on Oct. 29. He was stabilized and taken to a hospital. The logs indicate Morphey never talked to a police officer, and the Tribune reported that it was a friend of Morphey's who contacted police."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313655,00.html

So, did Morphey or didn't he talk to police?

My understanding was ISP talked to him AFTER Drew visited him at the hospital.

(Snip)
Dawn Fico doesn't know where her 39-year-old neighbor is, but is disturbed by the news of his possible entanglement in the case. But, she says her neighbor likely helped out Drew Peterson without having any idea what he was involved in.

"If he did do it, it would be totally unknowing," Fico said. "His character would not describe him as someone who would knowingly do something like that."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.barrel.2.597507.html

I don't post very often, but this case has me intrigued. Just had to post my thoughts:) And this comes from left field. IMO he is guilty as all get out. But with all his years of experience as a cop could all, some or most of the evidence that we have seen just be a ruse on his part? Like a set up to throw everyone off. I would think that he had noticed over the past few years all the media attention missing wifes and mothers get. SP was young, beautiful, had young children. I would think he had been thinking or fantisizing about killing her for quite sometime, at least a couple of months and had at least planned some or all of it as perfectly as possible. He just seems so arrogant and self-assured, his face says to me "All of you think you know so much, you don't have a clue". To me the dumbest way to dispose a body would be to try to sink it in water, look at SP with Laci, or bury it -search dogs or searchers would find it. I mean, this is gross but the best way I would think is to actually get rid of it, as in, ugh, I dont even want to comtemplate it. The toliet to the sewer, animals, etc. Sorry.
This whole case bugs me and his attitude. I just can't believe he would have been so stupid with all the evidence that is coming out now, it just seems so obvious? But, then again maybe his arrogance got the best of him and he thought he was smarter than everyone else. But, for petes sake, to put a body in a container, ask your dopey step brother to help you get rid of it, I mean come on, how stupid can you be. And the warmth thing bugs me about the container, if a person is in either a plastic barrel or a rectangle containor, you could feel the warmth? To me that would be a maybe yes, more likely no. But I could be wrong. Just pure speculation.

One more thing. About 20 years ago I dated a city police officer. Didn't last long. During the dating I found out he abused his ex-wife and when she tried to press charges after the cops were called to their home they talked her out of it because he would have been fired. He actually told me this. I dumped him lickitiy split :hand:

I think Drew P thought that if he had a good story, that LE would give up on any investigation, and I think he thought that the media would ignore the disappearance. But I also think that he had a back up plan or plans just in case. I think he knew that he couldn't get rid of all clues. So he planted scenarios that he thought LE could accept. Like the phone call from the Shorewood area. But how far would he go in the deception? I have thought the barrel clue was too easy. And his choice of who to assist him was also too easy. After all he was a relative and a weak link. I have been considering that possibly all the barrel is is another deception. After all, Drew P would know that very few murders are prosecuted unless the body is found. They can be prosecuted, but seldom are. So hiding Stacy's body would be paramount. So why not use the stepbro to make a false trail? Knowing that as soon as LE looked at him, he would crack.

Think about the timeline as we know it. The cars left about 1:30 pm. Drew P called in sick for the shift he was supposed to be working at 5. There is a 4 hour gap there. Then he doesn't meet with bro until 7 pm. Then he drives to Shorewood and makes the call on Stacy's phone and goes back to pick up stepbro in a public shop (that does show he was thinking like a cop- call made near the home of a person that Stacy was associated with, setting up his alibi for where he was at that time.) Then he takes the stepbro to his home to "move something" about 10 pm and he is gone till about 2:30 pm. At somepoint between 11 pm and 2:30 am, the cars show back up at the house. There are still too many gaps in the timeline. What was Drew doing between 1:30 pm and 7 pm?

And the fact that the container was warm? The temperature outside had started dropping. So if the container had been outside where it was last seen, the barrel would have been cold. The fact that it was warm was an indication that it had been inside long enough to warm up. That is one thing that indicates that the above scenario is wrong.

Another thing to look at is was this premeditated? Was the barrel bought at the end of the season because it was a good deal? Or some ulterior motive? If it was premeditated, why were the kids home? If it was premeditated, how long had he been working on the plan? Was the arrangement with stepbro arranged in advance or spur of the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle