The boys heard clicking Noises discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I want to elaborate on this... for some reason I started thinking yesterday about these "clicking noises"... not sure if someone has mentioned it, but my child's crib made clicking noises when we adjusted the height... just a thought and have absolutely NO idea how it would "fit". I just remember those awful noises when I had just laid my son to sleep; fearful it would wake him.

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of days but have been busy tending to my family that I haven't been on much. Since this thread started I have been thinking about clicking noises in my house like many of you. When I was going to bed that night I was trying to open and close the door very quietly as to not wake the baby or my husband and sure enough the latch in the door clicked very loudly when opening and closing the door. And it occurred to me that maybe someones was opening and closing doors that night and that was the clicking noise they heard. Would make sense if there was an intruder that they would need to see what was behind each door. Just my thoughts.

Don't know whether they have one or where it might be located, but my clothes dryer will make a clicking sound if I remove clothing before the time is up - it continues to tick down the remaining time. I don't think I'd notice it beyond more than 1 room away, though.

Maybe someone else has posted this possibility, but it seems like the clicking sound could have been the screen popping out of its frame, square by square. A little series of tears, as the person eased in. Just a theory, as I actually think the perp might have tried the window, then come around to the door.

Good thinking MK. It seems like a good possibility.

I don't know what clicked or if anything did, but IMO if the boys heard clicking it's a contradiction to the statement that they would know nothing. They might recognize the sound if they heard it again and they must have been awake to register sounds that the abductor made so they might have noticed something else as well.

I don't think it could be a fan or the clothes dryer because these are sounds that they would have been similar with. They would have said 'we heard the dryer running' or something like that. It had to be something unfamiliar to them. Did it scare them? Did they get up and take a look?

I believe the clicking sound is the screen as it was being raised up, or raised down. Screens have a certain spot where they lock in place.

Good thinking MK. It seems like a good possibility.

I don't know what clicked or if anything did, but IMO if the boys heard clicking it's a contradiction to the statement that they would know nothing. They might recognize the sound if they heard it again and they must have been awake to register sounds that the abductor made so they might have noticed something else as well.

Let's say she went to the baby drunk picked her up and took Lisa into her bed. Jeremy makes a point to mention the fan being on hi. Okay, so the fan was ON, right? It's an ocillatng fan. So if Debbie fell with the baby, or passed out in the bed and Lisa fell off the bed...that fan could easily have gotten knocked over in the process. If you've ever knoched over an ocillating fan, or just made the listake of putting it too close to a wall, you know they click like mad when they can't ocillate properly. And they don't stop clicking until until you remove the obstruction.

I bet you anything if there WERE clicking noises heard, this is what the boy heard.

JMO

I don't think it could be a fan or the clothes dryer because these are sounds that they would have been similar with. They would have said 'we heard the dryer running' or something like that. It had to be something unfamiliar to them. Did it scare them? Did they get up and take a look?

The clicking sound an ocillating fan makes when obstructed is NOT common. You normally make sure you don't block their movement. The first time I ever noticed the sound was when my cat knocked over the fan in our kitchen. I could hear that clicking all the way in the bedroom and didn't know what the heck it was. And I've used these fans for years.

I said this over on the MSM thread this morning, but wanted to add over here. When I saw the Today show video this morning, they showed the light switches in Lisa's room, they are the same kind I have at home, they make a clicking noise everytime you switch them off and on.

Lights all on? Clicking noises? Hmmm.

I believe the clicking sound is the screen as it was being raised up, or raised down. Screens have a certain spot where they lock in place.

This happens when we raise or lower the storm windows on the screen doors.

I said this over on the MSM thread this morning, but wanted to add over here. When I saw the Today show video this morning, they showed the light switches in Lisa's room, they are the same kind I have at home, they make a clicking noise everytime you switch them off and on.

Lights all on? Clicking noises? Hmmm.

Yes, but don't you think the boys would have been used to that sound? I think they would, and am also starting to think,like the above poster, that perhaps an oscillating fan was knocked over.

The camera on my cell phone makes a very strange clicking noise. Does anyone know if they had phones with cameras? Perhaps there were photos someone wanted gone. My digital camera clicks also, but has a more conventional click.

The old baby swings would make clicking noises, they were the type you wound with a handle and would swing and click. (Spring-loaded)

Sorry for necroing an old topic. I hope I am posting in the right thread.

My coffee pot makes periodic (regular) clicking sounds when left on after it has finished brewing. My mom's machine has auto-shutoff, and that's exactly the sound mine makes, except that it doesn't shut off. It just clicks again a few minutes later. I can hear this in other rooms.

I realize that there are a number of reasons that the mysterious clicking noise the boys heard didn't come from a coffepot - eg., I would imagine that if they could hear the pot, they probably would've smelled the coffee and someone would've picked up on that in the media by now. Probably the posters that suggest lighters are right. I just thought that maybe we shouldn't give up thinking about regular appliances.:twocents:

A gas pilot light makes a clicking noise until the flame ignites...If you're not familiar with the stove, you wouldn't know where the flame "kicked in"
Did they have a gas stove?
With Jersey's predilection to fire.. I would consider it a possibility.

Not that I want to elaborate on this... for some reason I started thinking yesterday about these "clicking noises"... not sure if someone has mentioned it, but my child's crib made clicking noises when we adjusted the height... just a thought and have absolutely NO idea how it would "fit". I just remember those awful noises when I had just laid my son to sleep; fearful it would wake him.

could a baby jumping up and down make that noise in a crib?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine