The boys heard clicking Noises discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kept awake one night by a clicking noise in our bedroom, and it crossed my mind it was a mouse chewing. But I thought, nah, just my imagination. A day or two later one of my cats caught a mouse in my bedroom.

(Someone had to do it. ;) )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRBcP6MmE8g"]Did you hear a click? - YouTube[/ame]

So it has been said that at least one of the boys heard clicking noises the night that Lisa vanished. We have no idea what the clicking noises were and there are any number of things that it could have possibly been. But for some reason there is now speculation that mom was busy doing coke that night and that the clicking noise was her using a card (credit, id, other?) to make the lines of coke for her to snort? Really? This is getting to be too much. This is like the line from the media that mom was in the store with an "unidentified male" that very quickly turned into mom must be having an affair. We all know how that one turned out. If the atmosphere surrounding the thoughts of mom being involved are this judgemental on this board I can only imagine what it is like with everyday regular folks in their area. I can also see why the parents may find it hard to hand out fliers, post fliers or do anything where they are in contact with the public. I can only imagine what is being said about them by folks that are not being monitored on a victim-friendly website.

MOO

Great post. Don't forget, while she was supposedly blacked out from drinking, she was not only cutting cocaine, but taking an online welding course and ordering an extra large tool box that has disappearing abilities. Why are people so quick to condemn this woman on what-ifs? I have starling and locusts in our area that click and clack all night long, I hope that doesn't make me an arc welder weilding child murderer. Just sayin', try to look at the logical once in awhile rather than attack the victim. There has been no evidence that shows DB or JI has done anything wrong other than maybe drink a little too much. JI went to work to support his family but he is even being attacked for that. :twocents:

This is just a thought I'm having, mods if this is in the wrong place please move it as needed.

What about the possibility that mom and dad may be covering for one of the boys? Is there a possibility that one of them may have had an accident with the baby and they have covered it up in fear that they will lose one of the other children. I've seen this scenario before on television and for some reason with them not allowing the children to be questioned and all, it seems plausible. Just my thoughts...

:)

I think we are not allowed to 'sleuth' the other children. But if we were, I'd have to say the same thought has crossed my mind. It would explain so many things. JMO.

Yes, but Jeremy has said in other interviews that the computer room and the boys room are on opposite corners of the house. He was discussing if they could have heard someone coming in the window.

Also, I would imagine that this clicking noise would be non-routine to the boy, or he wouldn't have noticed it.

Here are other suggestions:
Baby swing
Sponge mop
Cigarette lighter
Phone texting
Baby coughing as heard over the monitor
Attic stairs
Clothing with snaps in the dryer
Baby wearing clothing with snaps in the dryer. :(
Tap shoes
Castanets
Crib railing moving up and down
Giant cockroaches communicating :laugh:

That's all I can remember for now

Thank goodness you used the click list from last night. :crazy:

I came up with another click. When I went into the garage to get the rake, I heard a clicking noise. We have one of those electronic mouse shoo away things. It clicks, but not very loud.

imo

We aren't? I posted elsewhere that a likely solution is that mom wouldn't wake up and the baby started crying, so one of the younger boys (forgetting that dad was working an overnight shift) went around the house looking for dad, turning on all the lights, and even opening the door to see if the car was outside. Then trying to use the cell phones (putting their fingerprints all over them) and then tried to take the baby out of the crib themself and accidentally dropped the baby or some other accident.

It would explain all the lights being on and the phones missing.

But at the same time it doesn't seem reasonable to think this is so.

Great post. Don't forget, while she was supposedly blacked out from drinking, she was not only cutting cocaine, but taking an online welding course and ordering an extra large tool box that has disappearing abilities. Why are people so quick to condemn this woman on what-ifs? I have starling and locusts in our area that click and clack all night long, I hope that doesn't make me an arc welder weilding child murderer. Just sayin', try to look at the logical once in awhile rather than attack the victim. There has been no evidence that shows DB or JI has done anything wrong other than maybe drink a little too much. JI went to work to support his family but he is even being attacked for that. :twocents:

One source of clicking sound - we don't know if there were heard inside or external to the dwelling - could be a bicycle. The chains click, or at least mine do.

The 'boys did it' theory makes sense in terms of why the parents might cover it up. But I just cannot see any likely scenario of the 6 or 8 yr old killing this large, robust 11 month old. They were all tucked into bed. And even IF one of the boys tried to pick her up out of the crib, and dropped her, she would not die, imo. They would have to throw her down violently to injure her that badly. From all accounts these were loving well behaved boys who loved their baby sister. I just do not see a way that they could have killed her that night. imoo

Shaniya Davis - one of the most heartbreaking. She was older, but who knows how many times she was sold before her mother was caught?

Absolutely one of the sickest-- if not the sickest most heartbreaking cases of child abuse/murder. ^j^

We aren't? I posted elsewhere that a likely solution is that mom wouldn't wake up and the baby started crying, so one of the younger boys (forgetting that dad was working an overnight shift) went around the house looking for dad, turning on all the lights, and even opening the door to see if the car was outside. Then trying to use the cell phones (putting their fingerprints all over them) and then tried to take the baby out of the crib themself and accidentally dropped the baby or some other accident.

It would explain all the lights being on and the phones missing.

But at the same time it doesn't seem reasonable to think this is so.

Actually, I'm not sure myself whether we are allowed to theorize about the other children. I've only been here a couple of days myself, but I thought I saw a mod state that minors were off limit for sleuthing. But things move so fast around here I couldn't even tell you where I saw that post, if I did see it. :confused:

If the boy couldn't get her out of the crib over the top he might have tried to pull her through the bars or something strange like that. Also head trauma as he's walking into another room etc. Or suffocation by accident.

Actually, I'm not sure myself whether we are allowed to theorize about the other children. I've only been here a couple of days myself, but I thought I saw a mod state that minors were off limit for sleuthing. But things move so fast around here I couldn't even tell you where I saw that post, if I did see it. :confused:

Sheesh, I haven't been here long. I guess I'll wait to see if they delete the posts and I have nothing further to say about it. Just an idea. Poor kids though I can see why it would be off limits. So no more.

I was kept awake one night by a clicking noise in our bedroom, and it crossed my mind it was a mouse chewing. But I thought, nah, just my imagination. A day or two later one of my cats caught a mouse in my bedroom.

Ugh, bad memory. Crappy apartment, just moved in, couldn't figure out the noise. It was mice in the stove. They had lovely nighttime parties in there!

People who grind their teeth when sleeping are often said to be making clicking noises.

My 14 year old daughter literally clicks her throat when she is sleeping and even when awake. Half the time she doesn't even realize she is doing it.

The other night both of my girls were watching tv with hubby and I in the living room with one of the windows open in the evening. They heard this noise that sounded almost like a cricket rubbing it's legs together. They started to freak out about this unknown noise (to them) that they were hearing coming from outside. Hubby and I had heard it numerous times so we had tuned it out until they asked us about it.

Our satelite DVR also had started to make noises that were unusual for it. I couldn't tell at first what the heck the noise was or even where it was coming from. I thought that maybe it was the ceiling fan and that the motor was going bad in it until I turned it off. After walking around in the living room with the tv paused I finally realized where the noise was coming from and that I needed to reset the DVR.

All of the above are just examples of unknown noises that are completely innocent that if someone was unfamiliar with them they might not be able to explain what they were.

It would be weird if it was the baby monitor, because wouldn't the boys be used to that sound? This wasn't the first night they used the monitor, right?

If the boys hadn't slept with their mother recently and the baby monitor was a recent addition, it might be a new or different sound.

BTW.............don't ever get rid of a baby monitor. They come in handy later on when you have a sick adult in the house. Some years ago when my husband was recovering from surgery, he could be asleep and I could be working at the other end of the house or even outside in the yard, and with the baby monitor he could let me know if he needed something.

The 'boys did it' theory makes sense in terms of why the parents might cover it up. But I just cannot see any likely scenario of the 6 or 8 yr old killing this large, robust 11 month old. They were all tucked into bed. And even IF one of the boys tried to pick her up out of the crib, and dropped her, she would not die, imo. They would have to throw her down violently to injure her that badly. From all accounts these were loving well behaved boys who loved their baby sister. I just do not see a way that they could have killed her that night. imoo

I just can't see staging a kidnapping in order to cover an accident by a child. That's even more farfetched than saying the nanny took your daughter in order to cover an accidental drowning, IMO. Surely even they aren't naive enough to believe that a 6 or 8 year-old would be prosecuted as an adult for murder?

Sorry prncsskc, I hope I didn't scare you off on your first post! Welcome to WS, and glad you piped up! :seeya:
:welcome5:

I don't think it would be about protecting the child if the mother responsible for them had drank until she blacked out. She would be liable for endangering the welfare of a child. The children wouldn't even be accused of anything at all.

My children are 10 yrs apart in age. My son was holding my daughter (about 2 yrs old at the time) in blockbuster video. He dropped her as he was reaching for a video game. She got a concussion, and she fell on a carpeted floor. I was there, so I know what happened. If he dropped her at home, and I was not right there and he never said anything, I could have put her to bed without knowing. Children can go to sleep and never wake up from a concussion. I am not saying this is what happened to Lisa, just stating a personal experience.

If the boys hadn't slept with their mother recently and the baby monitor was a recent addition, it might be a new or different sound.

BTW.............don't ever get rid of a baby monitor. They come in handy later on when you have a sick adult in the house. Some years ago when my husband was recovering from surgery, he could be asleep and I could be working at the other end of the house or even outside in the yard, and with the baby monitor he could let me know if he needed something.

Also, you can eavesdrop on aliens with them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member