The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it's ridiculous, I don't understand the obsession with them at all. The sad thing is, between them and Andrew, it's detracting from all the wonderful work the others royals do. There are some very bitter people in this world.

They should have waited with their big announcement but it was rushed through for their personal reasons. BP had their best interests at heart but H/M made conflicting statements and caused embarrassment for themselves which is why the media intensified coverage about them.

Dammit, outed! :oops:

Soz!!

They should have waited with their big announcement but it was rushed through for their personal reasons. BP had their best interests at heart but H/M made conflicting statements and caused embarrassment for themselves which is why the media intensified coverage about them.

It's pretty old news though now. It's boring.

I used to be able to, was quite happy skipping about in 4 inch heels...but last time I wore them I looked more like Aveline from Bread.
Me too, clubbing in 6 inch heels, never even lost my balance, then walked home in them. Couldn't even stand up in them now. Amazes me how the royals wear such high heels just going about their work. Aww, good ol' Aveline.

Me too, clubbing in 6 inch heels, never even lost my balance, then walked home in them. Couldn't even stand up in them now. Amazes me how the royals wear such high heels just going about their work. Aww, good ol' Aveline.

They must spend hours practising - up and down stairs, crouching down, walking in a straight line lol. Reminds me, I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks, should probably get my Converse off and start practising myself.

Hello Branmuffin. I hadn't thought about ex Presidents having security for life. I see a strong parallel with Harry's situation, although I guess one big difference is that he didn't choose to be born into the RF (and equally has chosen to step away).

I agree totally re the privacy. I just dont believe anyone has the "right" to intrude. I don't buy the argument that people who have a public profile for work reasons are giving up their right to privacy.

I think the one rub is the former Presidents all live in the United States. I think Canada or the UK would be a little miffed if the Bushes decided to move to London and required protection. If H&M moved to the Scottish Highlands to raise sheep (my ideal move), I don’t think there’d be this level of concern (though of course there’d be some people...)

Kate has a gorgeous pair of nude wedges (below) Perhaps that's my solution for the wedding! It will be outside so might actually be better than heels anyway. I'm putting my slippers back on.

View attachment 235115

That a beautiful shoe.

I’ve never worn stilettos. They weren’t really in fashion either in the 70’s. Heels were chunky. Platforms were big and much more fun on the dance floor! All the height and no pain.

Kate has the legs for stilettos. Very few women can pull off the look. And, I do think she practices how to breeze effortlessly in them. It shows. She carries herself so well.

I always think the ladies are just aerating the lawn at these outdoor celebrations. I went to an outdoor wedding several years ago and omg the women were suffering on the lawn, falling out of their high heels. And so many just went barefoot by the time the dancing started!

Kate’s nude wedges would be perfect for an outdoor wedding.

Last edited:
I couldn’t believe korkease shoes were still in existence, I wore mine out completely 30 or so years ago. They were so comfortable.

Then, to my delight, I found them again on the internet and ordered two pairs. One in blue for the wedding, and one in lavender. Korkease had lower platforms too. They are the perfect dressy summer shoe for me. Otherwise you’ll find me in my Birkenstocks!:D

9B93F560-209A-4E05-85C8-6061DABA0930.jpeg

I think you're right, Rose, they'd solve a few issues for me and I'd get loads more wear out of them. Lightbulb moment!

I might invest in the actual exact ones - Russell & Bromley Coco-Nut if anyone's wondering!!

They are beautiful and the color goes with everything. Very dressy. I like the gold accent at the toe.

OMG hiya Zara!!
Imagine. I bet she could give us some scoops after a few jars :D:D

I wanna see the medal, that's all! Followed by piccies of the horses, please please?

zara-phillips-show-jumping-on-toytown-on-the-second-day-of-the-horse-picture-id71589874

Wow family resemblance to Cousin Harry in this image!!!

JMHO YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member