The British Royal Family #4

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Tricia, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Ditto :)

gregjrichards, Han, Luna20 and 5 others like this.

2. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

3. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

The Duke of Gloucester in that photo also looks a bit like Prince William. I love looking for family resemblances!

4. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I love yellow but I'm the wrong colouring for it. I have a gorgeous yellow leather bag though, and some yellow Birkenstocks which I love wearing as it means the sun is shining. All these women look pretty amazing in it, and yes it can definitely be a show stopper!

5. Oregonmama

Their message was sent from an official Sussex Royal email, despite the Queen banning them from using the title and them saying they plan to use Archewell.

They messaged the editors of these popular publications: the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Sun and the Daily Express.

Mr Arbiter told MailOnline: 'I really want to know who is advising them because they are wrong.. unless they are doing it themselves.

'Not only this, Harry was wrong over the weekend. because 2.4million deaths is bad, 16,000 in the UK is bad.

'So how he can even suggest it isn't as bad as what is being said about it is wrong. But then again, he is not the brightest bunny on the planet.'

Taxpayers say it's time for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to pay back £2.4m cost to fix up Frogmore | Daily Mail Online

6. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Yellow Birkenstocks sound good. I love yellow but it looks dreadful on me. Maybe I could get away with a pair of yellow shoes.

SeattleStew, Bravo, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  7. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Kate Middleton and Prince William admit they prefer video calls to in-person meetings

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have discovered a new favoured form of communication during the coronavirus lockdown. While the royal couple traditionally meet members of the public and diplomats in person, they have been forced to use modern technology to reach out to others from their Norfolk home, Anmer Hall. And it has its benefits! According to the BBC's Tina Daheley, who interviewed the couple last week, William and Kate much prefer video calls to in-person meetings because it allows them to have more "in-depth one-on-one conversations" with no time limit.

Tina told the Coronavirus Newscast: "You don't have to faff about with all the other stuff and only having a set amount of time and having to go somewhere and meet loads of people... They like that you can have an in-depth one-on-one conversation with people." She further elaborated on her own "normal" conversation with William and Kate, saying: "I think the thing that people sometimes forget is that they're members of the royal family, they can perform if you like. But the thing that always strikes me is how normal they are. It did feel like I was just having a chat with people."

The video calls haven't always gone to plan, however. In the BBC interview, the couple revealed that little Prince Louis – who will be two on Thursday - has a habit of interrupting their conversations. "For some reason he sees the red button and he always wants to press the red button," William shared. The Duke and Duchess further revealed that they have been staying in touch with the rest of the royal family, and Kate's parents, via Zoom. Kate said: "I think your father [Prince Charles] and my parents and our families and things like that have really loved keeping in touch with the children because it's really hard. It gets a bit hectic, I am not going to lie, with a [nearly] two-year-old."

8. Oregonmama

9. Oregonmama

10. maggieg

maggieg Well-Known Member

11. CoverMeCagney

A bit off topic but as we've been discussing cakes and yellow things - this just popped up on my FB feed.

Sunflower cupcakes! I'd love to make these for when I see my mum again, but think I'd struggle with all the petals

upload_2020-4-21_23-41-59.png

12. Oregonmama

They need to decide if they want the media or ditch them all together. They are a PR disaster. MOO

13. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

You can bake brownies in a round tin & surround with Twinkies:

[​IMG]

I haven't made one since I became a nutrition educator, LOL.

The Hostess version calls for a Ding-Dong:

Sunflower Chocolate Twinkie Cake

You can celebrate your Mom, and the Queen's birthday, without really baking.

14. CoverMeCagney

LOL had to do some googling - we don't have Twinkies or DingDongs!

15. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Whoops perhaps a biscuit in a similar shape?

16. maggieg

17. maggieg

I had assumed it was just done out of courtesy or to potentially get a quote but according to this article

"This person also pointed out what several Fleet Street journalist have said, which is that under British guidelines, journalists “have to put stories to subjects even if they don’t reply."
    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Reject U.K. Tabloids. The Tabloids Yawn.

So presumably they are going to keep calling their reps whenever they put out a story despite H&M's letter

Han, Oregonmama, Luna20 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Oregonmama

Laughing, byo, Herat and 1 other person like this.
  19. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  20. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Well we do, but they aint the same thing AT ALL!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.