The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
and Kate Middle-class, IIRC

JMHO YMMV

Where is the Countess of Wessex today, or The Princess Royal?
Are you in favor of that name calling? Or saying Kate is better at rolling with negative coverage.

I never heard any of the name calling about Kate here in the UK myself. I dont even know what "waity" means!

Since the Cambridge couple waited years to announce their engagement, IIRC she was referred to as "Waity Katie" in the press.

As well as Kate Middle-class.

Verbal bullying is still bullying.

Sending your big brother to rough up the bully is generally an additional layer of bullying.

Meanwhile:

Sophie Wessex succession: The real reason royal favourite Sophie will never be Queen

Likely, too many others in the line of succession for our lovely Sophie to ever be Queen.

Sophie-Wessex-succession-1274557.jpg

Image from linked article.

I never heard any of the name calling about Kate here in the UK myself. I dont even know what "waity" means!

Kate was judged because she was a commoner. Class and lineage... I remember reading quite a bit about that. She was also chased and hounded relentlessly at times. Footage of her trying to navigate throngs of cameras is scary.

She and William were very wise to take their time. And by the time they got married everyone came to know her and was thrilled. Iirc. —I know I was.

What I sense in both William and Kate is that they understand the press is just doing their job. And, they’ve taken the thought and time to work with the press. It shows in their photographs, too.

Yes, Kate has put up with her fair share of press horror and stalking.

Meghan’s problem has nothing to do with the RF. It has everything to do with the press her own family generated leading up to her wedding and beyond.

Jmo.

Kate was hounded and even their breakup was spun around for comments and opinions beforehand. She embodies class, confidence and substance. Authenticity is everything.

I think the BRF has done a superb job of dealing with the public and the COVID-19 crisis.

From Her Majesty, The Queen's remarkably well-measured and reflective tone from her vast years of crisis-dealing, to Prince Philip's unexpectedly sincere and appropriate comments, to Prince Charles's Welsh phrasing at opening a Nightingale hospital by video, to Duchess Camilla's insightful and timely speech and other comments about domestic violence during this quarantine, to the delightfully engaging and spontaneous Cambridge videos, they have all done a superb job of BEING BRITISH !!!

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah.

Prince Harry teams up with Thomas the Tank Engine as the Queen and Prince Charles make special cameo

Prince Harry teams up with Thomas the Tank Engine as the Queen and Prince Charles make special cameo
Prince Harry recorded the introduction earlier this year

Harry is helping Thomas & Friends mark their 75th anniversary in the most special way – the Duke has made an on-camera introduction on their new episode, Thomas & Friends: The Royal Engine.

The on-camera introduction made by Harry was recorded earlier this year, in January, with a donation made to charity.

Prince Harry recorded the introduction earlier this year

Harry is helping Thomas & Friends mark their 75th anniversary in the most special way – the Duke has made an on-camera introduction on their new episode, Thomas & Friends: The Royal Engine.

The on-camera introduction made by Harry was recorded earlier this year, in January, with a donation made to charity.
Ringo does it better.

Did a bit if reading, had no idea how much negative press there was/is on Meghan.
Briefly to me it looks like Camilla B. Is two for two.
They all get negative press but it comes down to reactions. It was brutal for DC but she handled the press differently. In re to M, it's all about the reviews and she cant handle negativity. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne