The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was unexpected

But if anyone would know about LA paparazzi, it certainly would be Lindsay Lohan.
Does anyone think they are trying to avoid them? In a population of 4 million, what are the chances that paps could just find them delivering food in non celebrity areas without them being told where to find them?

People find the insults to Kate inappropriate. Why are people rejoicing over insults to Meghan?

I don't know that "rejoice" is the right word. But I would say a lot of people think Kate doesn't earn the insults, while Meghan more than does. I think some would also say that, rather than insults, the comments are well-earned criticism. jmo

I don't know that "rejoice" is the right word. But I would say a lot of people think Kate doesn't earn the insults, while Meghan more than does. I think some would also say that, rather than insults, the comments are well-earned criticism. jmo

They are worlds apart across the board. Kate’s integrity is well received and respected. It’s a character issue and Meghan hasn’t shown herself strong in that area. One could say that it isn’t that Kate is superior, it’s the way that Meghan conducts herself that is stark in contrast.

The fact that she is talking publicly about Kate, when Kate hasn’t said a word is case in point. It’s so unattractive, therein lies the difference.

ETA-typo

Last edited:
Prince William and Kate Middleton celebrate ninth wedding anniversary in private at Norfolk home

It's been nine years since Prince William and Kate Middleton tied the knot at Westminster Abbey, so how are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge marking their special day on 29 April? Prince William and Kate tend to celebrate their anniversary in private and this year they will remain at their Norfolk home, Anmer Hall, where they have been isolating with their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, during the coronavirus lockdown.

The royal couple shared a throwback photo of them leaving Westminster Abbey after their wedding ceremony in 2011 on Kensington Royal's Instagram account and thanked fans for their well wishes, saying: "Nine years ago today – thank you for all your lovely messages on The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding anniversary!"

(Photo at link)

Congrats to Kate and Wills, Happy Anniversary!

Duchess of Cornwall reveals she's been keeping active with online ballet lessons during lockdown

The Duchess of Cornwall has revealed that she has been taking ballet classes and has spoken about the importance of active ageing, particularly during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Camilla, 72, took part in a video conversation with former Strictly Come Dancing judge Dame Darcey Bussell and Angela Rippon CBE to mark International Dance Day on 29 April.

Speaking from her Scottish home, Birkhall, the royal discussed her new role as vice patron of the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) of which Dame Darcey is President, as she spoke about her experience participating in Silver Swans, an initiative created especially for older learners using ballet to improve mobility, posture, coordination and energy levels. The Duchess said: "I had certainly never done ballet before, and it doesn't matter whether you have done ballet or not, it's something that will make you feel better. It gives you a certain amount of confidence in yourself, it's just a bit of discipline."

When asked by Silver Swans ambassador Angela how she was keeping active during the COVID-19 lockdown, Camilla revealed she had been taking the online Silver Swans classes, as well as doing Pilates and enjoying long walks.

Prince William and Kate Middleton celebrate ninth wedding anniversary in private at Norfolk home

It's been nine years since Prince William and Kate Middleton tied the knot at Westminster Abbey, so how are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge marking their special day on 29 April? Prince William and Kate tend to celebrate their anniversary in private and this year they will remain at their Norfolk home, Anmer Hall, where they have been isolating with their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, during the coronavirus lockdown.

The royal couple shared a throwback photo of them leaving Westminster Abbey after their wedding ceremony in 2011 on Kensington Royal's Instagram account and thanked fans for their well wishes, saying: "Nine years ago today – thank you for all your lovely messages on The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding anniversary!"

(Photo at link)

Congrats to Kate and Wills, Happy Anniversary!

The stuff that fairy tales are made of :)

28A06D9A-A642-428A-802B-DCA9AECBEF5B.jpeg

Individual persons' level of, and reasons for, interest in the BRF and its members varies immensely I'm sure. My interest lies in the fact of its place and influence in history and contemporary culture. Aside from that, I do have some interest in sartorial/jewelry/fashion aspects of the royal women. That is where my perspective and comments come from.

That is to say, I have no "corner" in the DoCam/MM debate, or like some royals and not others, have a favorite, etc. However, it's a well known and obvious fact (and one that MM/PH seem proud of) that while Kate and William hew to royal tradition, generally speaking, MM and "just Harry" are iconoclasts. It stands to reason that monarchists don't especially care for iconoclasts (they're mutually exclusive to an extent) but in the slew of responses to anti-MM/"JH" remarks, that is rarely addressed. It's simply "haters" and racists, etc.

I will add, though, that the anti MM/"JH" attitude is also often motivated by the just strange and very off-putting behavior of MM, outside of the couple's tradition-breaking. Strange (inappropriate) facial expressions; the seeming attention-seeking; the wake of broken relationships; the constant "up-staging" of others, etc. Those things don't help.

Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla show off incredible dance moves in spirit-lifting throwback video of them on the dancefloor during West Africa tour in 2018

Prince Charles and Camilla show off incredible dance moves in spirit-lifting throwback video
The royals shared the clip on Instagram

For anyone in need of a morale boost, this throwback video of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall should do the job! Shared on the Clarence House Instagram on Wednesday, the joyous clip was posted to celebrate International Dance Day, and shows the Prince of Wales and the Camillia Parker-Bowles throwing some moves with the President and the First Lady of Ghana, and they're as energetic as teenagers!

The video was filmed during the royal couple's West African tour in 2018. Charles and Camilla boogied away during their final night in Ghana, and the happy couple couldn't resist taking to the dance floor with Nana Akugo-Addo and Rebecca Akufo-Addo. During the tour, Charles and Camilla visited The Gambia, Ghana and finally Nigeria.

Video at link.

It doesn't look like it's a mild sunny day in the UK for the Cambridge's wedding anniversary. It looks rather like it was showery.

I hope it's a day full of spring flowers, proper afternoon tea, and the delight of a very happy marriage spent together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member