The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes: "Prince William has joined football fans to watch #CZEENG and discuss the importance of encouraging more people to start a conversation"

:D I think this is maybe pushing it a bit far?
TALKING :eek:+ watching Football in the PUB?!

I'd see this going down about as well as talking about 'shopping' ;)
giphy.gif
I agree.

There is the risk of the superficiality. Put it in a box with a big ribbon and call it a day. What?

Are we supposed to start a national convo in a pub?

Pubs, watering holes, cafes are the places where people gather and actually do talk about everything. Including mental health.

I love both princes for bringing their experience to the table. Their traumatic loss, and the aftermath is an important affirmation.

Do people even know what mental health is? Big difference between spiritual crisis, traumatic event, addiction, and the mental diagnoses that ends one in an institution for their whole lives.

Back in the 70’s before psychology (and drugs for same) became mainstream, the pub was actually one of the safe places. The therapy room with a little fuel and a beer.

There are levels of mental diagnosis. And historically there is progress from the absolutely brutal therapies of the past like lobotomy, EST, institutionalized for life.

What the princes are bringing to the foreground is a duality, theirs is a unique experience, but they are saying ‘so is yours’.

I love them for their intention. I want to know more. And I think over time they’ll continue on in their perspective.

It’s a different world today. A few generations later from my youth... each gen has their own way. I really believe in that.

What I get from both Prince William and Harry is they have something to give to those in need. And I love them dearly for that.

And, the Duke of Gloucester was rather quietly on an African tour of his own this month:

Focus on the ‘forgotten’ royals: The Duke of Gloucester visits Morocco

The Duke of Gloucester, who qualified and worked as an architect before unexpectedly inheriting his title and becoming a full time working royal, also saw ongoing projects to preserve the ancient buildings of Morocco. In a visit to the Collective Granaries at Adghess and Ifri Imadidane he was shown how conservation experts are working towards restoration of these treasured buildings and he met some of the local craftspeople who are involved in the project.

(Years ago we hosted an exchange student from Morocco, try to keep up with a little of the news there. Lots more press during the February trip.)

The Queen does look nice.

Hillary Clinton reveals she's a huge fan of Meghan Markle but slams 'authoritarian' Boris Johnson | Daily Mail Online

Now go away, Ellen, Nacho, Kim and Hillary. Nothing wrong with being gutsy but being gutsy is not the same as being rebellious.

The sad part is that one can not control who says what about them, be it from a comedian, celebrity, politician. There are people out there that I could give two cents about whether they say something nice about me. Jmo

This article made me lol, I don't think I've ever read something more ridiculous...
Someone needs to warn Charlotte to never take an apple from Meghan :p

What a brilliant way to get Harry and Archie higher up the succession line!

MEGHAN MARKLE married Prince Harry in a stunning ceremony watched by millions in May 2018, but an element of their nuptials may have put their bridesmaids’, including Princess Charlotte, lives at risk...:confused:

Express.co.uk can now reveal...:eek:
- Wait for it

the children’ crowns were made of flowers that can be deadly, especially for children.
princess-charlotte-sneezing-t.jpg

Royal wedding: Princess Charlotte was pictured sneezing at Meghan and Harry's wedding
:rolleyes: Or maybe it's something like...hayfever?
Meghan’s bouquet was made of forget-me-nots as well as sweet peas, lily of the valley, astilbe, jasmine, and astrantia.

The bouquet was made by florist Philippa Craddock who was also responsible for the flower crowns in the bridesmaids’ hair.

Lily of the valley is a highly poisonous woodland flowering plant and ingestion could be deadly.

:cool: *Other brides have also used this flowers including Kate Middleton, Princess Eugenie and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.*
emoji-eyes-rolling-4.png

Clearly this is a ridiculously worded article (no shock there)

I've never heard this before, so I had no idea.
Just how 'deadly' lily of valley actually is I suspect it's a bit more questionable than this nonsense leads us to believe?

BUT whatever, surely then The FLORISTS, who's profession it is, making wedding bouquets, posies & crowns should KNOW this? :confused:
Wouldn't this therefore be questionable professional 'duty of responsibility'?

:p Anyway this made me lol;

"Buckingham Palace has chosen not to comment on the matter."

I highly suspect Meghan, along with the other Royal brides listed who also had these flowers in their wedding bouquets, would have NO IDEA of this either.

I notice they missed another rather significant Royal bridal bouquet off that list...;)

Princess Diana’s bridal bouquet is one of the most memorable in royal wedding history. The cascade of white gardenias, orchids, freesias and lily of the valley
63ab36b2dec4717299a55dd50857c88d.jpg

Behind the scenes: on the long walk to Buckingham Palace's balcony, five-year-old Clementine tripped and banged her head. Here, she is comforted by the newlywed Princess of Wales and the Queen.

:) This is a nice article telling of the 'behind the scenes' from that big day & the memories of little Cementine Hambro

I was a bridesmaid at Charles and Diana's wedding in 1981...
But being a royal bridesmaid means to a certain extent that you are, in the nation's mind, frozen in time, resplendent in silk and flowers as a five-year-old girl.

That I was chosen at all remains a piece of luck...
There must have been a certain amount of protocol involved, but I was picked, by her, from her class at Young England kindergarten in Chelsea where she was teaching at the time.
Like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I got a golden ticket in my small, sweaty hands. And I was very small. By the time the wedding happened in July I was only just five. An entirely unreliable age for fulfilling such an enormous duty...

Diana bridesmaids treasured memories

Note: Clementine Hambro is also the great-granddaughter of Sir Winston Churchill. ;)
clementinehambro.jpeg

Just how 'deadly' lily of valley actually is I suspect it's a bit more questionable than this nonsense leads us to believe?

I don't know if you've ever watched Outlander but its a plotline in the first series that children die from eating lily of the valley thinking its wood garlic. It takes several days to die from it and you'd have to eat a fair amount. I doubt Charlotte and the others wouldn't be noticed having a munch on some flowers from their flower crown or bouquet

I don't know if you've ever watched Outlander but its a plotline in the first series that children die from eating lily of the valley thinking its wood garlic. It takes several days to die from it and you'd have to eat a fair amount. I doubt Charlotte and the others wouldn't be noticed having a munch on some flowers from their flower crown or bouquet
I imagine that a lot of wild flowers probably are quite poisonous if eaten in the quantities needed to be fatal thou?
Lily of the Valley :D is commonly used in bouquets, unknowingly or not of the killer threat, by lots of florists so I think it's a bit unfair of the Express to insinuate Meghan had specifically targeted Princess Charlotte in some devious attempt to put her life at risk :p

I'm gonna be side-eyeing the boyfiend & checking any future gifts of flowers from now on thou ;)

I imagine that a lot of wild flowers probably are quite poisonous if eaten in the quantities needed to be fatal thou?
Lily of the Valley :D is commonly used in bouquets, unknowingly or not of the killer threat, by lots of florists so I think it's a bit unfair of the Express to insinuate Meghan had specifically targeted Princess Charlotte in some devious attempt to put her life at risk :p

I'm gonna be side-eyeing the boyfiend & checking any future gifts of flowers from now on thou ;)

I think if you don’t eat any you will be ok

Not a happy look.

To be fair Her Majesty can’t be expected to smile all the time Her Majesty will have good and bad days just like all of us. According to media reports recently Her Majesty is in agony with her knees and needs an operation but is refusing to have it done because of the time she would need to take off to recover. I know how difficult it is to live with severe pain every day and I fully respect her determination to keep going without surgery.

Is anyone doing a royal costume for Halloween this year? Will you be wearing a tiara @Keine Engel ?

:D This article made me lol, I don't think I've ever read something more ridiculous. Apparently Meghan was putting " Princess Charlotte’s life at risk" with her choice of flowers at the wedding.

Royal wedding: How Meghan Markle’s flowers may have put Princess Charlotte’s life at risk

Someone needs to warn Charlotte to never take an apple from Meghan
1456 × 1080

What a brilliant way to get Harry and Archie higher up the succession line!

I hope Globe Magazine doesn’t find out about this story I can see it now “Meghan tries to murder Princess Charlotte. Queen outraged”. This week they are claiming the Duchess of Sussex has exploded and ordered the Duke of Sussex to have a hair transplant.

255AEA1D-F8C7-4C97-B376-0B17B7665601.jpeg

OMG! Now I'm gonna be side-eyeing the neigbours as well :eek:

15 Deadly Plants You Might Have at Home
Keep your kids and pets away from these popular picks.
:D Top of the list -
Lily of the Valley
lily-of-the-valley-1521657099.jpg
...left untreated, those little bells can even cause death.

Daffodils
1496693658-daffodil.jpg
...The bulbs are the most poisonous part of these so-called friendly flowers, so you might think twice about planting them

Hydrangea
1496693613-hydrangea.jpg
These popular blossoms contain a toxin that's no joke: cyanide

Rhododendron and Azalea
54ff559fa9e70-arhodendron-plant-de.jpg
...but the entire plant is highly toxic. Ingesting a flower, stem, or leaf could lead ... paralysis, coma, and even death.:eek:

Mistletoe
54ff55a310e8c-mistletoe-plant-de.jpg
...slowed heartbeat and hallucinogenic effects in humans in large doses, and is of particular harm to pets.

:( That's the plans for the Christmas decorations ruined.

Cont'd :D

But the biggest shock...:eek:

Beware - All of those 'Country-Cottage' gardener types & all the school dinner-ladies the length & breadth of the country who insist on feeding us with...
Rhubarb!
gallery-1496694617-rhubarb.jpg
Eating too much will shut down the kidneys, occasionally proving fatal.

Old school dinner memories :confused:
appleandrhubarb3.jpg
Luckily I've always thought it - Yuk!

Good Housekeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics