The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by CoverMeCagney, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

BBM
    Exactly.
    They did insert a quote that the DoS would be complying with the immigration rules at all times and it seems that she is.

kimpage, Amonet, human and 1 other person like this.

2. rosemadderlake

rosemadderlake Well-Known Member

I think Prince Andrew did this interview to counter the press for not only the BRF in general, but for Beatrice’s upcoming wedding.

Photographs can be deceiving. It was reported that PA, as a contact, connection, was Epstien’s crown jewel in his debauched world.

And I’m sorry, what decade are we talking about?

I don’t automatically believe the “metoo” moment of that photograph, and all the allegations attached to it. —Could be perfectly innocent in the context of a party.

Sorry, how many times was I snapped spontaneously cozying up next to a “snapshot”? —with a cool guy? —Or gal —At a party?

Bbm: I agree, it is the interviewer that is excruciatingly droll. But that works in favor of PA.

What Prince Andrew did was cop to the fact that he did not live up to his role as a royal, his heritage. The ‘I’m flawed, but good’ defense. And he apologized.

He’s a good dad by all accounts. Heck, he’s the best post divorced husband, still loving his family, anyway. He and Sarah are still living together, right? Who knows.

Whether or not anything nefarious happened, or knowledge of same happened, PA was there to deny it.

I think if I were Beatrice I’d feel relieved.

Amonet likes this.
  3. maggieg

maggieg Well-Known Member

Pure BS hes claiming that despite the fact an arrest warrant was issued for Epstein in May 2006 that he didn't know about that when he had Epstein at Beatrice's 18th in July 2006 and that he invited him because he invited Ghislaine. Is he actually trying to get us to believe that a red flag did not go up and no one informed him when someone on a guest list to a party where a number of RF members are present had an arrest warrant issued for sexual assault of a minor. If what he saying is true and no one had any idea then they need way better security.

Hes also saying he cut off contact from Epstein in 2006 and didn't have contact again until 2010, why on earth do you go to visit someone in person to tell them you can't be friends with them if you haven't had any contact with them in the proceeding 4 years?

He doesn't sweat so Virgina Roberts isn't telling the truth about that apparently because he had an overdose of adrenaline during the Falklands war apparently but somehow kept serving in the Navy for years afterwards. I know not being able to sweat is a really really serious condition, am I right to think that if you genuinely weren't able to sweat you would be discharged asap?

Also he says he always wears a suit and tie in the UK so hes casting doubt on the photo because of that too. He also claims he took Beatrice to a party in Pizza Express that afternoon and somehow seems to indicate that that would prevent him from going out that night because he remembers that day distinctly but for whatever reason doesn't say what he was doing that night.

KarenUK, kimpage, Mrs Marple and 5 others like this.
  4. rosemadderlake

The red flag for Epstein went up this year. Here, in the USA. But we have issues.

Too late.

And, I think that’s what the metoo movement wants to change. I’m way thumps up, high five for that.

Change the future!

But the details of 25 years ago? And, if this gal wants to file a suit, she will. Talking to the trash press is not helping her. Imo.

Epstein was also known for his Wall Street dealings.

—Think this was more along his lines...

He and Fergie are smarmy, but they know this, yet they raised a couple of royal daughters.

I read that Andrew was a favorite...

5. Sherwood Park

Sherwood Park Well-Known Member

The Crown season 3 in less than 24 hours!
    [​IMG]
    Netflix

[​IMG]
    Netflix
    [​IMG]
    Image: Daily Post Wales

I hope this season will be a good a quality as season 1 and 2 was.

6. rosemadderlake

Oops... dupe post...

7. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

And why would Epstein and Ghislane be invited to an 18 year old Royal's birthday party?

Aren't there about 200o more suitable guests for this.

Anance, escape2sc, Alethea and 4 others like this.
  8. human

human Well-Known Member

must have been a delicious time for them. Like me at a pastry shop.

kimpage, enelram, Dontknow? and 2 others like this.
  9. rosemadderlake

I guess this boils down to was PA aware of criminal activity at any number of parties.

I don’t see a slew of bromance pictures of Epstein & PA.

Two pictures, decades apart.

Furthermore, there’s Fergie, and her dealings.

10. rosemadderlake

Bbm: Because that’s what you do when someone bails you out?

There are financial dealings in the mix, too.

Anance likes this.
  11. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

NCP tycoon Sir Donald Gosling 'leaves £50 million to the Queen'... so she can build a new Royal Yacht

The yachting world is awash with whispers that Donald Gosling, the late millionaire boss of National Car Parks, has left £50 million in his will… to the Royal Family.

It seems the donation is to put towards an as-yet unspecified scheme to commission a new Royal Yacht.

Sir Donald, who died in September aged 90, was as outraged as the Queen when the Royal Yacht Britannia was taken away from her by Tony Blair’s Government in 1997.

TALK OF THE TOWN: NCP tycoon Sir Donald Gosling 'leaves £50 million to the Queen' | Daily Mail Online

Image of the Royal Yacht Britannia from Queen’s request for new Royal Yacht Britannia removed from public scrutiny

A571DFF3-BACF-4A66-8D03-660B96BD4326.jpeg B846F19C-1039-43C4-B8EC-EBAB5185E012.jpeg

If this is true I wonder if Her Majesty will build a new yacht.

Amonet likes this.
  12. gregjrichards

Prince Andrew reveals he last met university chum Ghislaine Maxwell just months ago - despite 'cutting off all contact' with her ex-boyfriend (and 'plus one' to royal parties) Jeffrey Epstein in 2010... so where IS she now?

Prince Andrew says he met Ghislaine Maxwell months ago - despite 'cutting off contact' with Epstein | Daily Mail Online

It is shocking Prince Andrew met her just months ago. There is no way he did not know what was going on. This photo of Prince Andrew at Epstein’s townhouse says it all to me.

Image of Prince Andrew at Epstein’s townhouse is from this link Prince Andrew pictured inside paedophile Jeffrey Epstein's £63million mansion of depravity | Daily Mail Online

1F19CE72-8D59-46C5-A7B0-01AF8C1BC966.jpeg

Ray_of_hope, kimpage, enelram and 2 others like this.
  13. gregjrichards

Reviews of Prince Andrew’s interview

Piers Morgan brands Prince Andrew interview 'desperate toe curling bulls**t'

Piers Morgan brands Prince Andrew interview 'desperate toe curling ********'

A public relations expert has branded the Duke of York's interview over his links with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein as "like watching a man in quicksand".

PR and crisis consultant Mark Borkowski said Andrew's appearance on BBC Newsnight was a lesson on "how not to do" public relations.

PR expert has 'never seen anything so disastrous' as Prince Andrew's interview

Anance, kimpage, enelram and 6 others like this.
  14. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

I agree that PA likely did do this interview with the stern encouragement from Sarah Ferguson to take the evil shadow off of him in planning for Beatrice's spring wedding.

We're heading into the holiday season, not a good time to start this up. Then it's too close to the wedding and the public comments over it would hang over his appearance at the spring wedding planned in the UK.

The timing makes sense for that reason. But this did him no favors and will not exonerate him in the way it was likely planned.

Like WTH - He met Ghislane, the evil procurer of young women just months ago? Epstein was arrested in July and died in August. His crimes were openly exposed at that point. Why in the Heck would he have any contact with that woman at all?

I'm ever more mortified.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Anance, human, SugarQueen and 5 others like this.
  15. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Pizza Express is trending on Twitter now, thanks to Prince Andrew's memory of it:
    [​IMG]

byo, human, Legally Bland and 2 others like this.
  16. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

Finallllly. Looking forward to this!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. gregjrichards

human, kimpage and Amonet like this.
  18. Sherwood Park

Sherwood Park Well-Known Member

I can't stop laughing at some of the social media and google reviews mock replies to Prince A's disastrous lies, oops, I mean interview. People are funny.

upload_2019-11-16_21-18-21.png
    Google Search

upload_2019-11-16_21-22-51.png
    Metro.co. uk

byo, human, Mrs Marple and 3 others like this.
  19. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

Totally off the current topic and sort of off the whole thread topic perhaps, but I thought I’d mention the videos I just saw on the ravens that live “in the Tower”.

The “raven master” has a full-time job tending to the birds -7 of them- minding them, feeding them “blood-soaked biscuits” (yum!) and putting them to bed at night.

If anyone is interested, just google Tower of London ravens” under videos and you’ll see what I mean. Can’t link right now.

20. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

This is amazing! Thanks so much for the tip! I love the Raven Master's outfit! Never knew there was such a job!