The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fit for the Queen! Windsor Castle’s Drawing Room and St George’s Chapel are decked out with 20ft Nordmann Fir trees from Windsor Great Park – complete with crown baubles

Staff decorate Windsor Castle's Drawing Room and St George's Chapel with 20ft Nordmann Fir trees | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 218327 View attachment 218328 View attachment 218329 View attachment 218330 View attachment 218331

These decorations are beautiful.
Absolutely stunning!!!

giphy.gif

We shall hear angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.

~ Anton Chekhov
tumblr_p7selpG3lp1rchkzlo1_500.gif

Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II
- 1953 - :p

Prince Charles is planning to strip back the royal family to just him, William, Harry, their wives and children when he becomes king in wake of Prince Andrew's scandal.

Charles, 71, wants to cut down on the number of working royals.

The heir to the throne has long been reported to want to slim down the royal family, but Andrew's scandal is believed to have accelerated his plans, reports The Daily Star.

The Prince of Wales met his father Prince Philip at Sandringham last week where the pair are believed to have discussed the Queen's 'retirement' in the next 18 months.

Prince Charles to cut royal family to just him William Harry wives and children after Andrew scandal | Daily Mail Online

579130BB-6E62-417C-8E3C-620E82BEB37B.jpeg 2A5FBA92-AB0B-4642-B595-F00F7BF94EA4.jpeg

It is very sad to think of Her Majesty standing down but I do hope she has a few years to enjoy doing what she wants to after decades of public service.

:) Single-handedly modernised the monarchy!
2018-0309-brazilian02.gif

ps. I have just 1 little point I think needs stating (for now anyway ;))

Has anyone spouting these insulting comments ever considered there IS a reason why our Monarchy has reigned for 1000 years?

And let us not forget for the last 200 (ish) years our country has survived quite well under the reign of (predominantly*) WOMEN.
ALL
of whom were also MOTHERS!
* Let's be honest these Queen 'Consorts' most definitely ruled the roost during their husbands reign :p

:p Boss Queen
4dbf8a2e119c7109ecf414af5af7506e.jpg

The Mighty Queen Mary
:) I trust we need no introduction...
Cecil_Beaton_Photo.jpg

HRH Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother

It is very sad to think of Her Majesty standing down but I do hope she has a few years to enjoy doing what she wants to after decades of public service.
I think this was planned already (when she was 95), so not specifically due to current family crisisis<?:confused:
(though I'm sure it's all only reaffirmed any lingering doubts she may have had :mad: )

but yeah it's a sad thought :(

You have been missed @Keine Engel We are glad to have you back.
Awww....Thank you!
tenor.gif

Unbelievable ...
ChiefDaringEchidna-small.gif

Royal expert denies rumour Queen is dead

**DECEMBER 2, 2019 11:42am**
- This is Aussie time - ;)

A royal expert has ruled out rumours the Queen is dead.

Charlie Proctor, editor-in-chief at Royal Central, took to Twitter to respond to the rumours.

The rumours appear to have started from a WhatsApp account and quickly spread on social media.

The leaked group chat claimed Queen Elizabeth II had died of a heart attack.

“I see we have reached that time of year where I have to dispel rumours of HM’s passing,” Mr Proctor wrote.

“The Queen is not dead. She is alive & well and is very much looking forward to hosting President Trump and other world leaders at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday for the NATO reception.”

It’s not the first time there have been rumours of the Queen’s death.

Royal expert responds to rumours the Queen is dead

Another repeated rumor we have heard in the past was blazing on one of our tabloids today,
“Kate pregnant with twins”.

How many times has this been headlines in the tabloids since William and Kate married?

Fit for the Queen! Windsor Castle’s Drawing Room and St George’s Chapel are decked out with 20ft Nordmann Fir trees from Windsor Great Park – complete with crown baubles...

These decorations are beautiful.
Watch the Christmas tree being decorated :D

Our timelapse film shows the Christmas tree being decorated in St George's Hall for Christmas. The film only lasts 30 seconds, but the work took over 13 hours!

20 Rarely Seen Royal Family Christmas Photos
gettyimages-3292335.jpg

Queen Victoria’s Christmas tree, 1848
This colorful engraving of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert admiring their Christmas tree at Windsor Castle with four of the nine children they’d eventually have together appeared in the Illustrated London News in December 1848.

tatler-cover-princess-mary-s-christmas-tin-ww1-1914-e1544574609644-774x1024.jpg

Princess Mary supports WW I soldiers at Christmas
In 1914, with World War I in full swing, *Princess Mary, the daughter of King George V and his wife, Queen Mary,;) asked the people of Great Britain to help provide a Christmas gift to every serviceman and woman both at home and abroad. This photo on the front cover of Tatler was part of her campaign.

prince-william-1982-these-pictures-are-a-christmas-present-to-the-whole-nation-they-give-us-our-first-look-at-prince-william-now-six-months-old-since-he-was-sleepily-sucking-his-mother-s-finger-at-h-814x1024.jpg

Prince William’s first Christmas
In December 1982, Diana, Princess of Wales and her six-month-old baby, Prince William, pose for the cameras for a Christmas portrait. It was the first time William was seen in public since his Christening.

Royal expert denies rumour Queen is dead

**DECEMBER 2, 2019 11:42am**
- This is Aussie time - ;)
ROYAL CENTRAL
THE QUEEN

Vicious rumours of The Queen’s death circulate on social media

By Charlie Proctor
1st December 2019
Screen-Shot-2017-09-14-at-17.05.01-2.jpg
FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE VIA FLICKR
:D-Picture really is included in report
Vicious rumours claiming that The Queen died on Sunday morning are being shared on social media.

Despite the monarch being alive and well, tens of thousands of people have been flooding social media with rumours that Her Majesty has passed away.

In this latest ‘fake news’ pandemic, an anonymous account claimed that the 93-year-old monarch died on Sunday morning, with a media blackout being in place until Monday morning.

Royal Central

TotalLittleIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

"Ooh...Those cheeky squadies"
:p-Pic NOT included in article(s)

‘Gibbo’: The Name That Nearly Broke Twitter and Why
Rumours of the Queen’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.

But that has not stopped false claim trending on Twitter this morning.

Whispers of Her Majesty’s death reached fever pitch on social media and appear to stem from a screenshot of a Whatsapp group message last night, with a 5.49pm time stamp.

In it, ‘Gibbo’ writes: ‘Queens passed away this morning, heart attack, being announced 930 AM tomorrow (sic)'

Gibbo_0.jpg

Whats App group chat: Picture from Twitter
Pictures of the WhatsApp conversation were shared thousands of times and it was the number one trending topic of conversation on the social media site.

A Royal expert has responded that HM The Queen is alive and well.

ForcesNetwork

smiley-emoticon-laughter-emoji-smiley-thumbnail.jpg

Rumours are RIFE that this was dumb/smart-a___/misinterpretation of some news report-code due to the words 'London Bridge' & 'Fallen' within the headline?

Or...One of numerous Election Conspiracies/Devious delaying-plot (take your pick, whichever party you support - lol)

Or...It could just be a major Troll :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member