The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by CoverMeCagney, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I was 70's and 80's rock scene era. The concert tours were so much fun. Ohhh the platforms oh and the elephant pants, I could go on and on...….It was an amazing time.

2. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

LOL, I thought I was the only one that remembers ELEPHANT PANTS!!!! I remember one pair I had,,,they were white with blue & green paisley design on them. I loved them.....thanks so much for the laugh. :D

3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

9CC40A85-7702-4503-A760-DDE393DCB62D.jpeg B933A3F7-9875-4434-BBF2-4C80B758BEC1.jpeg 85969C8A-81D4-4EAF-A7B8-BCCB12C9A83B.jpeg

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have remained relatively tight lipped when it comes to their pregnancy, with royal watchers left guessing on how the couple will prepare for their new arrival.

But new photos appear to offer a little insight into the couple's pre-natal prep - as imagined by celebrity spoof photographer Alison Jackson anyway.

Jackson is well known for mocking up pictures of the royals, with their lookalikes standing in.

Spoof photos show Harry and Meghan preparing for the birth of the new royal baby | Daily Mail Online

This made me smile they look so much like the Duke and Duchess.

4. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Princess Anne has always been my favorite among the British royals for the many reasons that you cite, not to mention that I'm the same age (born in 1950) and many of my Dad's (Canadian) relatives frequently said that I looked like Princess Anne. Among the Royals, Anne has always approached her duties with quiet elegance and grace, and without craving or seeking the spotlight. Anne also shielded her children from the media and made a sincere effort to keep her family life private. I truly admire Princess Anne. Had she been in line for the throne, Anne would have been a gracious and respected Queen.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  5. gregjrichards

No it should be destroyed with fire. I hope it ends up in the bargain bin in Poundland/Dollartree and not on the New York Times best seller list.

6. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

Charity shops will have plenty of copies in a few months. Anyone curious can get a guilt-free look then. ;)

7. gregjrichards

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's baby has already set an impressive new royal record, despite the fact he or she hasn't even been born yet.

The couple's first child, who is due to arrive around April time, has trigged a betting frenzy with a record breaking amount of cash being placed on the date of birth, sex and name of Baby Sussex.

Meghan's baby has already set impressive new record - beating George & Charlotte

Is anyone here going to put a bet on relating to the new Royal baby? Not that I am encouraging gambling.

8. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

9. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Not a monetary bet, but I’m hoping for a girl born on April 17 named Lily.

10. human

human Well-Known Member

Wow. Never thought of that. It makes perfect sense. People will buy it.

I wonder what kind of advance he got?

I can see why he is divorced.

Really, Meghan’s “family” is a caricature. They would make an excellent comedy family on British televsion. I wonded if someone will do a spoof show on them.

11. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Shame Spitting Image isn't on any more - they'd have a field day!

12. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Vultures they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful her Mother is lovely. I am sticking with 7 lb. 3 oz girl March 23rd. Only cause I will remember it. I think my guess may be a tad early tho.

13. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Gosh hard to believe a year ago it was the build up to the Wedding. Now we have the excitement of the birth.

14. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

15. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

I had a red&black leather jacket, a' la Michael Jackson in Thriller.

Didya wear ankle socks with hose & heels like the young woman in ZZ Topp's Legs video???

Dire Straits was one of Princess Diana's favs, mine, too.

16. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

LOL I missed the socks/hose thingy. Did the slouch socks tho. What the he77 was I thinking??? Platforms were as high as I could find. I would kill myself in them today LOL Hot pants and gauchos with boots were a go to. Sadly lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  17. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I have seen Elton twice and I was soooo emotional. Not only cuz I love him but it was as close to Diana as I would ever get. We may see him again but we just got Queen with Lambert tickets and Michael Buble' for July. Come from Away musical in Toronto in April so spending enough. O/T sowwy

18. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Now if I were to spot either book in a garbage bin I would bring it home. Watch it slowly burn in the fire pit while enjoying a lovely glass of Pinio :D That's a close as I would get.

19. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I like London for a girl. They can sway from the traditional names right?

20. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I was too, followed the Grateful Dead for a summer with my friend. Crazy. And now, I have tinnitus. Sigh. Good times.

I never saved any of the shirts from concerts, and saw some on Ebay for bucko bucks. Dang! Who would have thought a "Cheap Trick" or "Styx" shirt would be worth money?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.