The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t blame her for wanting to sue them. Perhaps then media will stop paying for the stories from her ridiculous “family” that has nothing to do with her except to see her as a cash cow to exploit.

They are slobbering over getting any money via her. It’s pathetic.

It must be heartbreaking to her to find out that the father she loves is an opportunist. Shattering I am sure.

She will be an object to tear apart as was Diana. She does not need to read the tabloids. It can be that she was advised of this step to take to attempt to stop the idiocy.

That's why it's so puzzling that Meghan courts the news media and encourages coverage when her husband tries to keep them out of his private life as much as possible.

Harry grew up in that limelight and its been said he blames the news media for his own mother's problems and her eventual death. He's managed to maintain an arrangement where he gives them just as little exposure as possible while keeping his own life private.

It must be disturbing for him now that his new wife is going out of her way to bring the media closer. He must be very uncomfortable with all of this. Hopefully they'll work it out before the baby is born.

But does Meghan 'court the news media and encourage coverage'??
Perhaps it was Gayle King and the Oprah machine who called about the baby shower?

Oprah is no doubt drooling to have interviews/scoops etc from Doria but its not happening. Even though they attend the same church, bet Doria never went to Oprahs for lunch until just ahead of the wedding!

I doubt its a coincidence that Gayle King was at the baby shower, then blabbing all over the tv the next morning.

Meghans friends didnt say a word. Yes, Meghan was photographed going in and out of hotels but only after they knew she was in NYC.

If your spouse didnt want media attention, why would anyone encourage it? That doesn't sound reasonable to me.

Of course, the media is photographing them in Morocco but that's a Royal trip.

I do love that red dress, very classy!

But does Meghan 'court the news media and encourage coverage'??
Perhaps it was Gayle King and the Oprah machine who called about the baby shower?

Oprah is no doubt drooling to have interviews/scoops etc from Doria but its not happening. Even though they attend the same church, bet Doria never went to Oprahs for lunch until just ahead of the wedding!

I doubt its a coincidence that Gayle King was at the baby shower, then blabbing all over the tv the next morning.

Meghans friends didnt say a word. Yes, Meghan was photographed going in and out of hotels but only after they knew she was in NYC.

If your spouse didnt want media attention, why would anyone encourage it? That doesn't sound reasonable to me.

Of course, the media is photographing them in Morocco but that's a Royal trip.

I do love that red dress, very classy!

Yes, MM invited CBS TV news anchor Gayle King to her wedding shower, even though they had never met. Yes, in the world of public relations, that's something you do to make sure your event is covered by the news media. From start to finish, the NY trip was handled for maximum, strategic news media coverage. Celebrities, movie studios, etc. pay millions for that kind of coverage.

I think it was addressed in the interview done around the time of their engagement. Harry indicated that the best way was to 'not read' any of it.
I presumed he was referring to the tabloid press, the rags and yellow journalists who will suck the blood out of their targets.

He was saying 'there's no going back', that life could never be the same if she married him.

Although I think the baby shower was 'high end', I have no problem with Meghan having personal trips and personal events with anyone, as long as the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill.

We already foot the bill for their very opulent lifestyle but their personal lives should be their own business. IMO

I have met Sarah Ferguson and believe it or not, she's a lovely, compassionate and generous woman. Once again, the tabloids did a number on her. They are like wolves, anything goes if they can sell papers.
I’m glad to hear this about Fergie. I was a child when she and Diana were young brides and I always liked her. Even as a child I felt like she was being bullied and that the press was awful toward her.

Yes, MM invited CBS TV news anchor Gayle King to her wedding shower, even though they had never met. Yes, in the world of public relations, that's something you do to make sure your event is covered by the news media. From start to finish, the NY trip was handled for maximum, strategic news media coverage. Celebrities, movie studios, etc. pay millions for that kind of coverage.

Do you have a link that MM invited GK to the baby shower? I must have missed that story, although I read most of the baby shower coverage.

Just very curious, thought the invitations would be issued by the hostesses.

Yes, I know about the PR etc but I'm not certain that MM 'courts' the media on her own. Heck, even to keep her hubby happy, you'd think they would have distinct lines drawn in the sand. Esp. with Harry feeling the way he does.

Well, I was not wrong about the Oprah angle. She's still drooling...

I hope Harry & Meghan reschedule their Morroco trip.

GregjRichards, prayers for healing offered up for you.

I just hope they get home safely from this trip to Morocco.
Its not a place I would want to visit and the recent riots add a sense of danger IMO.
There have been serious threats against Harry and Meghan, sadly.

That's why it's so puzzling that Meghan courts the news media and encourages coverage when her husband tries to keep them out of his private life as much as possible.

Harry grew up in that limelight and its been said he blames the news media for his own mother's problems and her eventual death. He's managed to maintain an arrangement where he gives them just as little exposure as possible while keeping his own life private.

It must be disturbing for him now that his new wife is going out of her way to bring the media closer. He must be very uncomfortable with all of this. Hopefully they'll work it out before the baby is born.
I don’t know that he’s disturbed or uncomfortable with any of her choices. My husband and I are polar opposites in this sort of way and the way he feels, he tells me, is that no one should limit me or quiet me in any way. He doesn’t need me to feel the same way he does about public stuff. And he gets really ticked if anyone else presumes they know how he feels about it. He will go to the mat for me, and I expect Harry is just as likely to feel that way about Meghan.

I don’t know that he’s disturbed or uncomfortable with any of her choices. My husband and I are polar opposites in this sort of way and the way he feels, he tells me, is that no one should limit me or quiet me in any way. He doesn’t need me to feel the same way he does about public stuff. And he gets really ticked if anyone else presumes they know how he feels about it. He will go to the mat for me, and I expect Harry is just as likely to feel that way about Meghan.

Opposites often attract and compliment one another. :)

We are similar in thought and actions, no need to agree on everything.

I think Harry feels 'energized' by Meghans' attitudes towards life, he enjoys it.

I’m glad to hear this about Fergie. I was a child when she and Diana were young brides and I always liked her. Even as a child I felt like she was being bullied and that the press was awful toward her.

I felt the same way, the media was exceptionally cruel to Sarah.
She gained some weight when having her daughters <gasp!> and they gave her the name Duchess of Pork.
The flouncy dresses of the 80s didnt help and of course, they had to be super mean about that as well.

She was fully of happiness and very outgoing until they got their claws into her. Then, she hit a very low period of depression.

Thankfully, she has always been friends with the Queen, spent a lot of time in her company and they have always been close.

I suspect that once the Duke of E. is gone, she and Andrew may well remarry. They also remained friends of course.

I felt the same way, the media was exceptionally cruel to Sarah.
She gained some weight when having her daughters <gasp!> and they gave her the name Duchess of Pork.
The flouncy dresses of the 80s didnt help and of course, they had to be super mean about that as well.

She was fully of happiness and very outgoing until they got their claws into her. Then, she hit a very low period of depression.

Thankfully, she has always been friends with the Queen, spent a lot of time in her company and they have always been close.

I suspect that once the Duke of E. is gone, she and Andrew may well remarry. They also remained friends of course.
I was also thinking that they might remarry under those circumstances. I hope so.

5 nights in NY then a quick trip home before flying out to Africa - having to constantly change hair/clothes/makeup, remember names and causes, look nice, and endlessly nod and smile at everyone with the whole world watching and a thousand camera flashes - she must be absolutely knackered!

At 34 (ish) weeks I would most definitely not have been arsed about doing any of that!

5 nights in NY then a quick trip home before flying out to Africa - having to constantly change hair/clothes/makeup, remember names and causes, look nice, and endlessly nod and smile at everyone with the whole world watching and a thousand camera flashes - she must be absolutely knackered!

At 34 (ish) weeks I would most definitely not have been arsed about doing any of that!

The press would have a field day if Meaghan said she wasn’t well enough or too tired for this trip after the baby shower.

I love her in the red dress.

Harry held her hand as they arrived, showing their solidarity as a couple, which sent fans in the US and UK crazy.

Prince Harry’s grandmother Queen Elizabeth officially toured Morocco when she was hosted in 1980 by the eccentric King Hassan II, the father of the current King Mohammed VI.

The trip was dubbed the “tour from hell’’ when the itinerary repeatedly went awry, with the Queen being kept waiting, including having to sit in her car for 30 minutes because a royal banquet wasn’t ready.
In his book Our Queen, biographer Robert Hardman said the King had disappeared on one day and left the queen “sitting in the sun for most of the afternoon by herself.’’

Another visit to a centre for people with disabilities, funded by the British, was about to be cancelled because King Hassan decided it was too late to go.

The Queen didn’t want to disappoint the charity, so went along anyway with her security people
Harry’s sweet gesture for Meghan

Attachments

• EF2CF1E1-7F0D-4FB3-85E7-1B5A9EE764E3.jpeg
    EF2CF1E1-7F0D-4FB3-85E7-1B5A9EE764E3.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 14
Thank you for your kindness and good wishes. I have just seen the Dr and have been put on my fourth antibiotic. They are waiting for test results and I find out tomorrow morning if I am being re-admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics again. My Drs are concerned because they are running out of options. I have cauda equina syndrome from botched spinal surgery in 2006. I have a urostomy to empty my bladder. I’ve had infections before but this is the worst yet. I also find out on Tuesday if I need more spinal surgery so I’m worried sick and it is wearing me down but I will get through it. Apologies for all the medical information.

Thank you to everyone here for your kindness it really is very much appreciated.

(Dear gregjrichards,

I haven’t been following this thread but I just got a note about this, oh no! Sending big hugs and healing thoughts your way buddy!! We all are!

Did you get admitted? It’s Sunday now, anxiously waiting to hear that you are doing better. Please let us know how you’re doing when you can. We are all hoping for your speedy recovery my friend! I’m so sorry you are still going through all of this!

Love ya and hang in there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members