The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t even notice Meghan at Eugenies wedding lmao

She put on a show? Bahaha

Eugenie was exquisite, the only person that stole the show from the bride at that wedding was Princess Charlotte. That little one is a show stopper

I think we have to be really careful not to believe everything we read in the papers - especially as some of the "news" is coming from the gutter press.

First of all. Harry and Meghan got engaged before Eugenie and Jack, so it stands to reason their wedding was before. It's not like Eugenie had to rearrange her day.

Secondly, I don't think the emerald tiara with Russian stones that Meghan wanted is the same one that Eugenie wore. I doubt words attributed to the Queen are completely true.

Thirdly, I think Meg had probably already told most of the royal family she was pregnant, before Eugenie's wedding day. I highly doubt there was some big announcement. She'd have got slated if she'd announced it publicly before the wedding, and went to Australia the day after. So bad timing, but not much they could do about it.
I basically agree with all of this :)
But this whole 'tiara-drama' is correct from what I know...
(I was wrong in guessing :rolleyes: Its nothing to do with any current issues whatsoever)

Eugenie wore was the Greville Emerald and Diamond Kokoshnik Tiara. Originally owned by Queen Marys close friend Margaret Greville, who left it to Queen Elizabeth(the Queens mother)
While its kokoshnik design maybe russian the tiara itself is not. It was made in France ;)
While I don't know for sure, the tiara Megan wanted has really got to be the emerald Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara both the tiara and emeralds were hidden & smuggled out of Russia during the revolution before bought by Queen Mary.
Due to this the jewels provenance cannot be proven.

Great history (with pics!) of both tiaras can found here :cool:
Tiara Timeline: The Vladimir Tiara | The Court Jeweller
A brilliant choice: Princess Eugenie's wedding tiara

I didn’t even notice Meghan at Eugenies wedding lmao

She put on a show? Bahaha

Eugenie was exquisite, the only person that stole the show from the bride at that wedding was Princess Charlotte. That little one is a show stopper

I didn’t really notice MM either. Not until the reports came out that Fergie was furious... :confused:

Eugenie was truly a gorgeous bride, her dress, and there’s something very romantic about her and her husband. They both exuded total joy.

It's a beauty, but they couldn't prove its origin (possible dubious Russian links) so it was deemed unsuitable. It's called the Vladimir tiara.

Personally, I love the one the Queen wore on her wedding day:

View attachment 182747
I had never looked at her wedding picture up close. It’s stunning also! I need a tiara in my life and an occasion to wear it :p lol

This is the emerald tiara that it's believed Meghan wanted to wear - stunning!!

View attachment 182744
Can be also worn with pearls attachments :)
21e27aac-60e8-11e9-b745-17e2afcf325c_image_hires_164801.jpg

I didn’t really notice MM either. Not until the reports came out that Fergie was furious... :confused:

Eugenie was truly a gorgeous bride, her dress, and there’s something very romantic about her and her husband. They both exuded total joy.

I so agree with all this. I adore her.

The only thing I liked about MM’s dress was the veil and those beautiful boys holding it up down the aisle; how the light shown through was stunning. But that was it lol

When I saw Eugenie, I gasped. I think I even shouted, “yes! Now that’s a princess dress!” Tee hee

I often wear a flower crown. I get them from my friends and they are so lovely I cannot stand to throw them away.

If I get a new one and I feel my old one is still good, I offer it to others. But no one ever wants it because they say they are too heavy.

They are heavy but hairdo is no issue when one has a flower crown.

If flowers are too heavy, I cannot imagine jewels. Those tiaras must weigh a ton. So don’t feel badly if you don’t have one.

I was looking up vacant dukedoms and Sussex seemed the best or better than most available.
Though I doubt any royal dukedom or title is without some "history" :)

Duke of Clarence? probably not, last held by, IIRC, George Plantagenet who was convicted of treason agains this brother King Edward IV during the war of the roses
Duke of Windsor? probably not either. Though I like the sound of that title...its currently extinct and is associated with King Edward VIII abdication, Wallace Simpson.

The 1st Duke of Sussex(Prince Augustus Frederick) was also known for his liberal or progressive views, he fought to abolish the slave trade, and the removal of restrictions on Jews. I suppose he is considered a rebel or one who broke royal tradition by marrying without the Kings consent

Keep reading about the Duke of Sussex, lol

I secretly, or maybe not, wondered if the Queen was cursing them with that title.

Perhaps all the good ones are taken, uh oh.

I do think, overall, they've done a great job so far.

Meghan was quite enthusiastic about jumping right in and helping out.

With her educational degree in diplomacy, the Queen let her go and IMO, she was well received.

I know there are the jealous people, some who feel slighted about her being American but I believe that most Brits are just glad that Harry is happy and wish them well.

I certainly hope they have a long and happy marriage and a couple of kiddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle