The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I don’t know if this is what is causing your eye to look smaller, but I worked for an optometrist years ago and ptosis (drooping eyelid) is somewhat common in older patients and makes the eye look smaller (not sure how old you are.) :)
  • Aponeurotic ptosis (senile or age-related ptosis) — Aging is the most common cause of ptosis that is not present at birth. In senile ptosis, the long-term effects of gravity and aging cause stretching of a wide, tendon-like tissue that helps the levator muscle lift the eyelid. Although both eyes usually are affected, drooping may be worse in one eye.

If age-related ptosis blocks your vision or seriously affects your appearance, a plastic surgeon usually can correct the problem by surgically raising your eyelid. In most adult patients, this is an outpatient procedure that is done under local anesthesia. Local anesthesia is preferred over general anesthesia because it allows the surgeon to adjust the position of your eyelids while your eyes are open.

Drooping Eyelid (Ptosis) - Harvard Health

Thanks for all this great information. I don't have drooping eyelids thank goodness. I think my smaller eye is because it is so strained, blind in the bigger eye. I have had 3 eye surgeries as a kid and would be afraid for any doctor to touch my one good eye.

Thanks for all this great information. I don't have drooping eyelids thank goodness. I think my smaller eye is because it is so strained, blind in the bigger eye. I have had 3 eye surgeries as a kid and would be afraid for any doctor to touch my one good eye.

Wow! So sorry to hear about your vision issues. I wish it were something fixable, like an eyelid. I wouldn’t let a surgeon near either. I have an 80 year old friend who lost his eye in a childhood accident and wears a prosthetic eye, so I understand being protective!

Camilla celebrates 72nd birthday today but should she become Queen? Express.co.uk poll

72% of voters don’t want Camilla to become Queen. Wow.
But wouldn't it really be only Express readers who voted in this poll? :p

express1.jpg

:cool: NOTE: I am pretty sure (99%) this is A SPOOF Front page headline.
Used to illustrate for those not familiar with the Daily Express

express1.jpg

With the amount of royal news the Daily Express posts everyday I would say many readers must be in favour of the monarchy and Princess Diana.

express1.jpg

It doesn't make any difference what 72% of voters want, monarchies don't work that way. If a country wants to choose their head of state and/or first lady by popular vote what they do is become a republic. A monarchy is a genetic lottery by its very nature, and the head of state's spouse becomes a marital lottery by default.

The only reason Camilla won't be queen consort is because she's already waived her right to the title voluntarily. If she was determined to be queen it would be very difficult to stop her no matter how many people disagreed.

That be russia.

“A French security researcher who uses the pseudonym Elliot Alderson ran a check on the app and found it was not actually uploading your entire camera roll – just the photo you were modifying. Which is what you’d expect from an app like that. Speaking to me over the phone, Alderson said he also couldn’t find any evidence it was stealing all your data; it was just getting your device ID and your device model. Which, again, is pretty much to be expected.”

Is FaceApp an evil plot by 'the Russians' to steal your data? Not quite | Arwa Mahdawi

Don’t worry I don’t think Putin is getting anyone’s nudes.

Since the monarch has to approve Royal names, Annabel was out. The report doesn’t explain why the Queen thought so little of the name.

The Queen ended up suggesting the name Beatrice, which was the name of Queen Victoria’s youngest child. It derives from the Latin for 'one who brings joy'.

According to The Sun, the name therefore was royal enough for the Queen and, crucially, unusual enough to satisfy Fergie.

A Royal by any other name is just as royal, but in this case, slightly less so for the Queen!

The reason the Queen rejected Princess Beatrice's original name Annabel | Daily Mail Online

With the amount of royal news the Daily Express posts everyday I would say many readers must be in favour of the monarchy and Princess Diana.
True. I just meant as to point out that's not the opinion of the overall general British population (I don't think? ;) )

It doesn't make any difference what 72% of voters want, monarchies don't work that way.

The only reason Camilla won't be queen consort is because she's already waived her right to the title voluntarily. If she was determined to be queen it would be very difficult to stop her no matter how many people disagreed.
Exactly!
At the end of the day Charles can decide to do whatever he wishes on the 'title' matter once he is on the throne anyway :D

Since the monarch has to approve Royal names, Annabel was out. The report doesn’t explain why the Queen thought so little of the name.

The Queen ended up suggesting the name Beatrice, which was the name of Queen Victoria’s youngest child. It derives from the Latin for 'one who brings joy'.

According to The Sun, the name therefore was royal enough for the Queen and, crucially, unusual enough to satisfy Fergie.

A Royal by any other name is just as royal, but in this case, slightly less so for the Queen!

The reason the Queen rejected Princess Beatrice's original name Annabel | Daily Mail Online
:eek:...Not a single bet was placed on the name Beatrice at two of the largest bookmakers at the time.
The Press Association quoted a William Hill bookmakers at the time as saying: ‘It’s terrific. We couldn’t have chosen a better name.’

Just one newspaper, The Sun,:confused: ended up correctly choosing Beatrice, in the process explaining the remarkable reason for why it wouldn’t be Annabel.

The newspaper reported that it was indeed Prince Andrew and Sarah’s first choice. However, Princess Annabel was not to be, because the Queen disliked it. She rejected it, saying it was too ‘yuppie’.:D

64yuphandbook.jpg

zara-tindall-wears-short-ascot-dress-z.jpg

Did Zara Tindall bend the rules with her Ascot mini dress?

"Some fashionistas noticed that Zara's dress fell above the knee ... But did Zara, 38, really throw the Ascot fashion rule book out of the window? It appears she didn't, as the dress code regulation states that women in the royal enclosure must wear skirts and dresses of a "modest length", which Ascot defines as falling just above the knee or longer. Looks like Zara can enjoy the races in peace!"

Seems like some of these royal women can't catch a break even when they look great :(

Is Zara wearing a maternity dress? #3

That is a mini dress?

My one day dream is to go to Althorp Estate
They open to the public starting July 1 (Diana’s birthday) until August 31 (Date of her death)

https://spencerofalthorp.com/
;) FIT FOR A PRINCESS: Diana's grave site looks stunning following a £20million facelift
Princess-Diana-s-grave-site-at-Althorp-788844.jpg

She really was the "People's Princess" gone, but never forgotten in our hearts.
TELEMMGLPICT000133275042_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqn7tMRpXaL8LZxuDeTaFS4bedTMVjHeFkzxc5nKJTa6Q.jpeg

SERENE: Diana now lies on an island lake in the grounds of her family home the Spencer estate, Althorp
althorp-estate-435.jpg
Shrouded in greenery, the island sits on a crystal clear lake as sunshine bounces off the water
Princess-Diana-s-grave-site-at-Althorp-1670696.jpg

Princess-Diana-urn-grave-site-Althorp-estate-1st-July-1998.jpg
Princess Diana’s grave site revealed in exclusive pictures on her birthday

Prince George celebrates sixth birthday on Mustique.

Mustique means mosquito. I have a friend who stopped there on a cruise and she said it lives up to its name.
;)
Inside Princess Margaret's Private Island Life on Mustique
5e48a591900b8b1d60dd6d41eea87f52.jpg
...The couple’s big day was followed by a six-week honeymoon aboard the ship Britannia with stops at several ports, including Mustique, where the princess had been gifted a 10-acre parcel by the private island’s then owner, Colin Tennant. There, she built a vacation home, christened Les Jolies Eaux (“the beautiful waters”).
Inside Princess Margaret's Private Island Life on Mustique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members