GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by CoverMeCagney, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. human

human Well-Known Member

I read culottes are in. I like her shoes so much better than stilettos. High heels are still no good but at least these are less degenerating to feet and legs and hips and spine

2. Keine Engel

Keine Engel Grand Imperial Archduchess of Great Giggleswick

But today the stylist suggested the Duchess had upgraded her look ...
    [​IMG]
    The Duchess of Cambridge debuted a new blonder look today

And following her appearance, celebrity stylist James Johnson revealed ...:eek:

how Kate has opted for 'golden tones perfect for the autumn season',

[​IMG]
    Speaking of her transition from her summer look, James suggested: 'It’s a much warmer style, more stylish and suited for the cold seasons.'..
    [​IMG]
    It was only last month that Kate debuted a new bouncier, shorter blow-dried style...

At the time, James said Kate had
    transitioned
    from a more 'polished' summer look, to a more practical style with a '90s on-trend flick', and suggested that Kate appeared to be taking a leaf out of Meghan's more 'relaxed' look book. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    James suggested the royal's highlighted hair was probably the result of balayage

"Transition" :confused: ??
    Bit overdramatic isn't it Jimmy?​
    [​IMG]
    Definition of transition
    • an abrupt change in energy state or level
    • passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another :
    • a change from one form or type to another, or the process by which this happens:
    Merriam Webster

;)noun: balayage
    a technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect.

William Blake

3. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Oh I Agree !

I just can't stand seeing the young Royals wearing stiletto heels. They seem outdated, and part of an old fetishist view of women. I think they are just not necessary and there are lots of great heels that are a bit more demure and comfortable-looking.

4. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Erm. I fail to see how her hair today is shorter. She has long hair. To have long hair like that takes a lot of maintenance. I do like the newer golden highlights as they are well done.

I'm pretty sure that isn't balayge. Even the best balayge I've seen looks obvious, and usually trashy.

5. Keine Engel

:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Keine Engel

:D
    [​IMG]
    :p
    No self respecting British female went thru college/Uni without a pair of these
    [​IMG]
    Quintessentially British brands: A brief history of Dr Martens, shoes with soul

From school shoes to work wear, street fashion to high fashion, a safe way to express rebellion or a symbol of social revolution, Dr Martens boots have become part of British culture.
    [​IMG]
    Though there are many great brands out there, there are only a handful of quintessentially British brands that have fundamentally shaped the evolution of an era.
    [​IMG]
    More than just a footprint on the winding road of fashion history, Dr Martens have helped to forge a range of British subcultures, permeating from the niche, to the mainstream.

Introduced to the country more than 50 years ago, Doc Martens have transformed Britain with decades of musical and style-based movements. ;)
    [​IMG]
    Madness, Madness they call it Madness
    The company, so entwined with Britain and Britishness, actually has its origins in post-war Germany.

In 1945, a 25-year-old soldier called Dr Klaus Maertens hurt his foot while skiing. He invented a special air-cushioned sole,

Fabrikbrands

Attached Files:

7. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Niner, human, rosemadderlake and 4 others like this.
  8. Keine Engel

The King & Queen :p of British brands in footwear

[​IMG]
    The History
    ...Despite having made its show-biz debut in the late ’60s, Dr. Martens had actually been around since the 1940s, when a doctor named Klaus Maertens...
    ...enlisted in the German army in his twenties, during which he broke his foot skiing...
    In 1967, a man walked into a utility clothing store in the north of England,

...he might not have come across a shoe that would change his – and thousands of others’ – futures: the Dr. Martens boot. The man was Pete Townshend,

The direct impact Townshend’s endorsement had on the business was instantly visible: DMs quickly became a part of the music scene’s vernacular, appearing on musicians, gig-goers, punks, goths, hippies and skinheads....
    [​IMG]
    Punks and skinheads in the 1980s were rarely seen without DMs

The Rake
    What's up, Doc? The enduring appeal of Dr Martens
    In the rock opera Tommy, Elton John had to wear callipers that allowed him to move on his 4ft 6in (137cm) DMs as if he were on stilts
    [​IMG]
    Elton John kept his giant boots after wearing them in Tommy, but sold them to the maker of Dr Martens,
    [​IMG]
    BBC News

How Doc Martens became the boot of 2018

DMs are cool - again. Sabrina Carder on why it's time to invest in a pair of the 'it' footwear item

[​IMG]
    Anarchy in the U.K. :D

The Standard

Attached Files:

• DMs.jpg
      DMs.jpg
      File size:
      72.4 KB
      Views:
    • Punk.jpg
      Punk.jpg
      File size: