The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
she 'isn't polished' but I find it rather refreshing.
megan is showing us she is here for all the right reasons :)

the 'polished' perfect diva appearance no doubt she will master.
but for now she is embracing the true purpose of her role.
doing her own hair and make up is telling us heaps about her and I am falling in love with her for it!
no wonder harry did .
she could rock up in a hesson bag and bed hair and still be stunning to me.:)

There was a photo of her in Australia with her hair dresser standing in the background. She has plenty of staff helping her on this trip, as one would expect.

Her dress today was underwhelming. I don't think I care for her stylist, none of the clothes she's worn look good, JMO. I'll fitting.

There was a photo of her in Australia with her hair dresser standing in the background. She has plenty of staff helping her on this trip, as one would expect.

Her dress today was underwhelming. I don't think I care for her stylist, none of the clothes she's worn look good, JMO. I'll fitting.
I believe she is doing her own make up though from whats been stated in the press.

Do you know if Harry has eaten any Kangaroo meat yet?

"A Nebraska superintendent is apologizing for "anxiety and any harm" caused after a school chef served — without disclosing — kangaroo meat to students. ...The superintendent added Potter-Dix Public Schools "will no way be serving food of this nature again. Period."
Kangaroo meat served to Nebraska school students, superintendent says

RSBM

I have not heard or read that the royal couple have experienced kangaroo meat but in my opinion given that our Australian Coat of Arms features a kangaroo and an emu I doubt they will. MOO
Commonwealth Coat of Arms | Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet

I love everything on there except black pudding and mince pies - bleeurrghh! Can't remember the last time I had a chip butty though, because double carbs. That said I've just polished off a Chinese takeaway which involved rice, noodles and salt & pepper chips, so....

Conspicuously missing from the British foods list is my favorite - Traditional English Trifle. I'd also give a nod to Bassett's Licorice Allsorts. Can't forget the Cadbury chocolates, either :)

Conspicuously missing from the British foods list is my favorite - Traditional English Trifle. I'd also give a nod to Bassett's Licorice Allsorts. Can't forget the Cadbury chocolates, either :)

Oh yes, trifle, and then of course there's the amusingly named Spotted Dick!!

Cadburys. What can I say? Bought out by Kraft (famous here only for plastic wrapped cheese slices) a few years ago Cadbury have come in for a LOT of criticism in the UK. The recipe has changed and they use less milk and more oil, or something like that. It's definitely not what it used to be. I have been told that the Cadbury still made in the UK & Ireland has stuck to the original recipe / machinery / process, so to all you Brits out there harking after the good ol' days, look on the back of the wrapper to see where it was manufactured. Twirls and Wispas seem to have retained their original Cadbury taste more so than other bars.

Keeping on geographical topic... Australian Cadbury allegedly has an anti-melt additive due to the sunnier climes. I bought some out there back when we still had the really good stuff at home, it definitely didn't taste the same!

Meghan Markle’s half-sister has revealed that the letter she hand-delivered to Kensington Palace begs the Duchess of Sussex to reconcile with their ailing father ‘before it’s too late

'Our father's health can't bear this isolation': Meghan's sister Samantha pleads in letter | Daily Mail Online

I knew she wouldn’t stay quiet for long.

No, neither can he. I will not post his article. However, I feel SM is blaming the Duchess for all the hoopla...when SM started a lot of the issues.

Pregnant Meghan Markle has decided to cut back on her royal tour schedule after a exhausting first few days in Australia.

The Duchess of Sussex won't be joining husband Harry to watch competitors take part in the road cycling this morning.

A royal source said: “She’s feeling fine, but resting."

Pregnant Meghan to cut back on tour schedule after exhausting first few days

I think this is wise the schedule has been very demanding.

I’m concerned about the family stress caused by the Duchess’s father and half sister and it affecting the baby.

Actually, my all time favorites are on this list. And some of the dishes are difficult do to right. Like a perfect Wellington, Scotch, or Yorkshire? But when they are, ohhhh....

Beef Wellington,
Yorkshire pudding
Scotch eggs
Shepherds pie
Welsh rarebit
And the pub fave fish and chips...

Aussie here! Would you mind explaining what Welsh rarebit is please....I have heard but not seen.

Aussie here! Would you mind explaining what Welsh rarebit is please....I have heard but not seen.

Google says it is a Variation of cheese toast

Ingredients
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp plain flour
100 ml beer
30 g cheddar cheese grated
1 tsp mild mustard
Salt
Black pepper
2 slices large of bread

I think it was smart for Megs to cut back on some activities to get rest. Stress does terrible things to the body and causes exhaustion.

Rarebit toast sounds so good.

I am beginning to wonder if I wear blush in the wrong location. Megs wears hers way lower than I do. I just love her lipstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆