The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by CoverMeCagney, Oct 15, 2018.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Meghan's handwriting is a cross between calligraphy and cursive. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed reading high school English papers written with such panache, but I appreciate the artistic flair in Meghan's penmanship.

2. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Ooh La Louve I forgot that you are/were kind of technically nearly a little bit almost related to the royal family!!

La Louve, SeekingJana and human like this.
  3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

4. BetteDavisEyes

5. gregjrichards

6. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

7. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Find joy in this moment and hope in each day. :)

I'm feeling catty, so here goes, apropos nothing.
    I like Catherine's handwriting the best. I like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge the best of all the other Royals, as well. :)

Meghan's is SO much like several doctor's penmanship... Every one of them who extended their T's and R's like that were hateful and haughty to others.. Not saying Meghan is, but it doesn't warm my heart to see.

Likely, the sample of the Queen's handwriting is decades old. I'd expect to see a hand tremor in her writing now. If she's writing anything herself, it's almost impossible for it not to be there to some extent.

Diana could have done better, IMO. It's like her emotional and intellectual growth stopped around age 14 in most ways. Shows in her terrible loop the loop handwriting. I have to read a few samples of her writing to be able to read a full letter of hers.
    I thought she was an icon, as we are the same age, but at the time, the public didn't know how unhealthy her mind was.
    We only saw the outer beauty.

The fact that she chose to spend the last summer of her life with a major IV drug user and coke head like Dodi Fayed is a prime example of how emotionally stunted and damaged she was. NO non- druggie, especially not a person of her status, should have wanted to even be on the same island as the degenerate. ( I realize there was a friendship with his father, Mohammed el Fayed, but Daddy wanted playboy mainliner of drugs to end up with the fairytale princess instead of the girl he was engaged to. Mohammed didn't have Diana's best interest at heart, thus he was not much of a friend at all.)
    Sorry, but what she did with Dodi Fayed defies all logic. He was even an outcast in HOLLYWOOD!

Laughing and BetteDavisEyes like this.
  8. La Louve

La Louve For Whitney and Teghan

I liked this part especially:

As for the moment when Charles took Meghan’s mom, Doria Ragland, by the arm to head into a private room to sign the marriage register, Camilla says: “A lot of people, seeing my husband actually take the bride’s mother by the hand to sign the registry, it’s something that moved everybody.

“It’s the things he does behind the scenes that people don’t know about. I don’t think people realize quite how kind he is.”

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I'm not a Prince Charles fan, but I do believe that he is likely kind behind the scenes. My own father had a similar style - he never called attention to the kind things he did for others but considered it a sense of duty, which is what I expect Charles does too, and part of that duty is to be understated about it.

10. Inthedetails

I'm swooning. I love handwritten notes and seeing people's writing. In fact, I like look at handwriting just as much as I like looking at their fashion. Maybe even more so! :)

Alice253, human, EuTuCroquet? and 2 others like this.
  11. BetteDavisEyes

My shout out to the Royals yesterday: I was sitting in the waiting room of my PCP awaiting blood draw. There were seven other women in the patient area - no men. Some of the women were reading "gossip" rags like People, Us, Star, while I grabbed the recent edition of The New Yorker. One of the women commented that I "had made a better choice than Hollywood gossip" to which I replied, "Let me know if there's anything about the Royals. I like to read about them."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    LaborDayRN, human, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  12. BetteDavisEyes

13. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

We have no way of knowing, but it seems likely Diana was not aware of any drug use by Dodi Fayed. He was likely on is very best behavior when she was around. He was working very hard to impress her, hoping to win her. IIRC, prior to when she began dating him, she hadn't moved in the same social circles, so she wouldn't have any knowledge of drug use by him. He may have partied it up a lot during the days when he lived in Hollywood, but I doubt he was using at the time he dated her. She wouldn't have tolerated that, especially if her children were around and considering all the close media scrutiny she lived with day to day.

There's been much speculation over the years, but I've always had the impression she was only dating him, not interested in pursuing marriage. Most of the allusions to the couple getting married came from his father, who had his own motives and goals for his son. Most of the people she spoke with prior to her death confirmed that she was only having a summer romance, not looking at a serious long term relationship.

14. gregjrichards

15. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Lucky her, fitting into the same dress 3 kids later!!

16. Inthedetails

That was my first thought too. That takes some effort (as well as genetics).

LaborDayRN, human, Alethea and 5 others like this.
  17. gregjrichards

18. SeekingJana

Isn't she beautiful? Just takes my breath away in her " old" dress! I truly admire her sense of style, her Royal decorum, and the way she is raising her gorgeous Royal children out of the spotlight. She doesn't seek the limelight or the cameras, they seek and find her.
    " She walks in beauty like the night". :)

19. gregjrichards

20. SeekingJana

Lord have mercy. Now I think I know why the Queen looked like she was eating lemons at that wedding, IF this is true.

The source added that after a 'very heated exchange' with staff, the Queen stepped in and told Prince Harry: 'Meghan cannot have whatever she wants. She gets what tiara she's given by me.'

The monarch also questioned by ( corrected by me to " why") Meghan needed a veil since the wedding was her second, according to the insider
    The Queen is such a wise woman. If only she were younger.Sigh.

I am glad Catherine has a fondness for wearing the pearl and diamond tiara Diana owned. It is the " Cambridge Lover's Knot' tiara, and fits her height and regal demeanor so very well. :)