The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That used to be true, not sure if its true in 2018 though.

40+ years ago, most mothers were in their 20s, early 30s.

Now, most are mid 30s and up due to financial reasons, educational aspiration and starting careers.

I wonder if the doctors have re-considered the 'age barrier' of 35?

It used to be said that older mothers were more likely to have genetically damaged children due to 'old' eggs but I don't think it was ever true, more of a 'bad science' thing. Statistically, its not true.

Seeing as its a Royal baby, I suspect there will be 'rules' about the birth.

My friend’s daughter was pregnant at 35 about four years ago. That is where I learned that is an age considered to be at risk. She lives in a community that is a regional medical center so many high,y skilled doctors.

Thank you gregrrichards.

I checked the Sunday Times to see what the broadsheets (MSM) say and there was an article (paywalled) that stated 'Leave Meghan Alone, She Didn't Break Up The Fab Four'.

Too bad that someone is leaking 'stuff' that's a year old and not reliable but I guess the RF is used to years of that.

I wonder if they will both become bored with living in the country after they've been out there a while? Both have spent a lot of time living in the city, going out a lot. It may be an adjustment. Is Windsor a more quiet place or is there an active social life?
I think they'll be bored after approx. 5 minutes. Windsor is lovely (although under the Heathrow flight path) but it is very touristy. The population is just over 30,ooo so not a big place. There is a theatre, the castle, the river, Eton nearby, can't think of much else there. I think that they will be travelling to London or other places, constantly. I can't see them settling down in the countryside and living a quiet life. They're a bit young, for one thing! And they've both travelled and enjoyed city life.

I think they'll be bored after approx. 5 minutes. Windsor is lovely (although under the Heathrow flight path) but it is very touristy. The population is just over 30,ooo so not a big place. There is a theatre, the castle, the river, Eton nearby, can't think of much else there. I think that they will be travelling to London or other places, constantly. I can't see them settling down in the countryside and living a quiet life. They're a bit young, for one thing! And they've both travelled and enjoyed city life.

You may be right. However, I live in a smaller rural city in Oregon of about 22,000 with a renowned theatre, a small university, beautiful scenery and lots of tourists. Many well-traveled people, including us, moved here in their thirties to raise families. We wanted to get away from city life! We aren’t bored. If we need a city “fix” we go there (over four hours), but not often. Thirty-plus years later we are still glad we moved. Except for being under a flight path, I think Harry and Meghan will be very happy. :)

My comment is, this is a royal couple, not you and me! They probably can't enjoy city life anyway because of paparrazi. They don't have to go out for entertainment, their multi-million pound house will have whatever they want, and their friends will be more than happy to drive out to visit for endless country house parties. They will be out going on numerous official engagements.

I agree with the poster who commented on Diana's harassment by the media, the couple may be deliberately trying to avoid all of that while they are newly married and have a young family. In time, one of the grand homes in London that is currently occupied by the older generation might become available.

ETA: that massive coverage of her sister going up to the gates in her wheelchair and leaving a letter was likely the last straw

Just my opinion, but I have felt MM would have twins from day one. Since MM and PH went to a fertility clinic, my thought has been they did IVF and implanted two fertilized eggs.

In England, and being that Harry is the Queen’s great grandson, is the procedure of preselecting the sex of your child available? If so, Harry and Meghan will have one son and one daughter.

ETA: Another reason for my thinking is that Meghan is always trying to one up Kate. What better way than to give birth to twins? Twins are such an attention getter. A sure way to be the number one Duchess in the media.

It’s not legal to preselect your child in the U.K you have to go abroad to the U.S and other countries where it is available.

I'd like to see the palace issue this statement:

To the media: Harry and Meghan are not leaving London to get away from Kate and William. They are doing it to get away from you!

I want the Queen to do a video message from Buckingham Palace saying the stories about the Duchess of Sussex are a load of horse*hit and the Daily Mail can p***off.

Hmmm, I won't believe the fertility clinic rumour unless it is confirmed - it seems unlikely that they'd try fertility treatments until after they'd tried naturally for at least a year. The line of succession is rock solid - if the Queen was worried about fertility, she would have told Harry to choose one of his former girlfriends and marry long ago. Harry is very unlikely to ever rule, being 6th in line. Also I don't believe you have to take a fertility test to get into the RF. Royals have had problems conceiving too. The line of succession exists for a reason.

I think the one year rule would apply to everyone BUT the Queens request to confirm fertility.

She knows Harry has married to have children, Diana was checked out at 19!

The Royal Gyno can arrange whatever is needed and at 37, perhaps this is what happened. (speculation)

Seeing as its such a personal decision, we will never be told if they are IVF or not, why would they discuss that at all?

I just hope everything goes along without any hitches and everyone is healthy.

I suspect that Harry and Meghan will stay at Frogmore for a few years, until the child(ren) are ready for proper school.

They can have ANYTHING installed into their home, no need to go an inch.

People will come to them to party, visit, etc.

They'll go to Londontown for Royal events but not often, I imagine.

Perhaps, like most single people their age, they became tired of endless parties, bars, hanging out with friends, and are more than ready for quiet nights at home, playing with kids, home cooked meals, and doing whatever they are supposed to do for charity work or whatever royalty does.

A message from The Queen to the people of America. Published 1 December 2018

It was with sadness that I learned of the death of President George H W Bush last night.
President Bush was a great friend and ally of the United Kingdom. He was also a patriot, serving his country with honour and distinction in Office and during the Second World War.
Prince Philip and I remember our days in Texas in 1991 with great fondness.
My thoughts and prayers are with President Bush’s family and the American people.”
Elizabeth R.

A message from The Queen to The President of the United States of America and the people of America

Of course she would issue a message, but it feels nice to have the queen send condolences to the American people. I would like to thank her and the all the citizens of Great Britain who share our sorrow.

A message from The Queen to the people of America. Published 1 December 2018

It was with sadness that I learned of the death of President George H W Bush last night.
President Bush was a great friend and ally of the United Kingdom. He was also a patriot, serving his country with honour and distinction in Office and during the Second World War.
Prince Philip and I remember our days in Texas in 1991 with great fondness.
My thoughts and prayers are with President Bush’s family and the American people.”
Elizabeth R.

A message from The Queen to The President of the United States of America and the people of America

This is a very nice tribute. It is amazing to think of all the Presidents and world leaders her Majesty The Queen has met in her lifetime. It would be a very interesting conversation to have with her.

This is a very nice tribute. It is amazing to think of all the Presidents and world leaders her Majesty The Queen has met in her lifetime. It would be a very interesting conversation to have with her.

I googled pics of the visit and it does look as though they genuinely got on well, lots of smiles. It must be hard for her having to play nice with the world leaders she doesn't like.

The best way to thwart the DM & other rags is to not click on them or buy their papers. As long as they get the eyeballs they will continue to publish salacious stories including ones that may not be true. Look how many people believe everything they read and accept it at face value. And if the stories aren't salacious then the speculation ramps up and people write their own version of reality anyway.

I personally think the Queen would have a fit if the baby was called Kenya. The press would accuse the Duchess of naming the baby after a real housewife. In my opinion the name will be something non-traditional but acceptable to the Royals.
LOL!! Let's not forget Kenya is a country, a country that is part of the British Commonwealth. But I'm sure there are those who think it's a celebrity only.

As for all that other pregnancy stuff. I really don't think the Queen cares. She's in her 90s, her biggest concern is Charles and William/Kate and their kids. Harry is a non-factor.
Poor lady having to work everyday in her 90s. No rest for the royal.

For others, she is not too old to have a home birth. 20 yrs or 40 yrs, as long as you don't have certain health problems a midwife is free to deliver the babies outside of hospital.

I don't recall QE2 being young when she had her two youngest kids at home.

I tend to agree with this, but maybe at my age (69 next month), maybe I'm out of the loop and don't know what might well be the new normal.
Pregnancy at or above the age of 35 is considered "advanced maternal age". After 35, a pregnant woman is more likely to develop gestational diabetes or high blood pressure than younger women. There is a higher incidence of chromosomal abnormalities and pregnancy loss. Can they still carry and deliver a healthy baby? Absolutely! But the risks do increase with age.

The best way to thwart the DM & other rags is to not click on them or buy their papers. As long as they get the eyeballs they will continue to publish salacious stories including ones that may not be true. Look how many people believe everything they read and accept it at face value. And if the stories aren't salacious then the speculation ramps up and people write their own version of reality anyway.

That’s the problem they know online articles about the Royals and the Duchess of Sussex are click bait which drive advertising revenue. A lot of people love a bit of gossip and can’t resist reading them. It’s a big problem for the Royals.

I personally don’t think the Kensington Palace press office are effective enough with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. But I would say the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are being managed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam