The Business Card Photo

Mystic, I asked the very same question earlier last week about why the parole officer did not think of checking into Garrido's business and stopping by during business hours. Well, really, it was more of a rhetorical question. I think I was just going off on a rant about the parole officer. lol

Anyway, I have no idea what the answer is, but I think it's a very good question. The parole officer did not seem to be doing much of anything. I'm wondering if he actually had Garrido report into his office, more often than actually going to Garrido's home?

Mystic, I asked the very same question earlier last week about why the parole officer did not think of checking into Garrido's business and stopping by during business hours. Well, really, it was more of a rhetorical question. I think I was just going off on a rant about the parole officer. lol

Anyway, I have no idea what the answer is, but I think it's a very good question. The parole officer did not seem to be doing much of anything. I'm wondering if he actually had Garrido report into his office, more often than actually going to Garrido's home?

Lillyrush... there's a good chance it was your post that may have put the bug in my ear?? So much to read and digest. I hope someone does let us know exactly what his monitoring encompasses.

Lillyrush... there's a good chance it was your post that may have put the bug in my ear?? So much to read and digest. I hope someone does let us know exactly what his monitoring encompasses.

I had been hoping that the representative (supervisor or whomever) from the Dept of Corrections who was on Larry King Live was going to answer that last week. But, unfortunately, all he did was defend the work of that parole officer and claim he did a good job. It was total CYA. Today I've been really focusing again on the printing business in my comments because I'm just not following the timeline on when people started seeing Jaycee's face, how old they thought she was, etc.

I just have so many questions the more I think about it. Some of the business customers are saying that they thought she was his daughter, others are saying that they couldn't tell for sure whether Jaycee or Nancy was the one who was married to and had kids with Phillip. No one is saying (yet) when they first started seeing her at the front of the business. No one has said how Phillip explained the sudden appearance of 3 daughters in his life...or in the other instance, the sudden appearance of a teenaged bride and two daughters.

I had been hoping that the representative (supervisor or whomever) from the Dept of Corrections who was on Larry King Live was going to answer that last week. But, unfortunately, all he did was defend the work of that parole officer and claim he did a good job. It was total CYA. Today I've been really focusing again on the printing business in my comments because I'm just not following the timeline on when people started seeing Jaycee's face, how old they thought she was, etc.

I just have so many questions the more I think about it. Some of the business customers are saying that they thought she was his daughter, others are saying that they couldn't tell for sure whether Jaycee or Nancy was the one who was married to and had kids with Phillip. No one is saying (yet) when they first started seeing her at the front of the business. No one has said how Phillip explained the sudden appearance of 3 daughters in his life...or in the other instance, the sudden appearance of a teenaged bride and two daughters.

Yeah, that is bugging me too. I wonder if he told some that Jaycee was his daughter and some she was his wife, depending on how often he saw them or how long he had known them, or whether or not they knew Nancy or?

I mean before she turned 18 he couldn't say she was his wife. During the pregnancy and after the births, he might say she was his wife so that he could later claim the babies. But if they knew Nancy, then how would he explain her?

He told his mother that Jaycee was his child from a previous relationship. He then told her the same thing when the babies came along. His mother didn't think the girls were related to either Jaycee or Nancy.

I am pretty sure I heard on HLN that it was not Jaycee on the business card.

Yeah, that is bugging me too. I wonder if he told some that Jaycee was his daughter and some she was his wife, depending on how often he saw them or how long he had known them, or whether or not they knew Nancy or?

I mean before she turned 18 he couldn't say she was his wife. During the pregnancy and after the births, he might say she was his wife so that he could later claim the babies. But if they knew Nancy, then how would he explain her?

He told his mother that Jaycee was his child from a previous relationship. He then told her the same thing when the babies came along. His mother didn't think the girls were related to either Jaycee or Nancy.

It does sound like he was telling different stories to different people, for whatever reason. It could be as you say, how well or in what way he knew them. It is too bad that these various people who were hearing different things never got together and compared the things they were told!

I did not know that about what he told his mother. Thanks! I kind of figured he came up with a story like that regarding Jaycee, but I did not know that he used the same story for the two daughters. Wow...he is lucky his mother had alzheimer's! I suppose his father and brother who could not stand him, per their media interviews, never checked in on this situation.

There are still questions for me concerning the time between when she became pregnant, 15 yrs ago, at the age of 14 and then at about 18 when the other child was born. I'd like to know how she was being introduced at that time or maybe she was still being hidden and he did not bring her into the public eye until the babies were born.

This has been driving me crazy, too. With the many different versions given by neighbors and customers, I have a problem with how NO ONE compared notes. NO ONE suspected any type of foul play. Yet, neighbors claim there were parties going on in the back yard. Someone else says PG made use of the sheds next door. Other neighbors say they saw little girls in the yard who would back away when spoken to. Then there are the versions: the girls were his nieces, his daughters, children of friends......doesn't anyone in that area speak to each other???? :eek:

I am pretty sure I heard on HLN that it was not Jaycee on the business card.

Thanks, Willen. I have not had the chance to watch HLN, so that's good to know. I was not entirely convinced that it was Jaycee.

I do still think the business card photo is significant. Even if it was not really Jaycee in the picture, there are 3 business customers (Rick Hernandez, Mark Lister and Cheyvonne Molino) who say they were told 10+ years ago that it was her. So, if nothing else, it gives us a sense of when the customers first were introduced or became aware of Jaycee's presence.

This has been driving me crazy, too. With the many different versions given by neighbors and customers, I have a problem with how NO ONE compared notes. NO ONE suspected any type of foul play. Yet, neighbors claim there were parties going on in the back yard. Someone else says PG made use of the sheds next door. Other neighbors say they saw little girls in the yard who would back away when spoken to. Then there are the versions: the girls were his nieces, his daughters, children of friends......doesn't anyone in that area speak to each other???? :eek:

It is totally ridiculous. I suspect that maybe a couple of these stories may be false claims by people just trying to say that they knew or saw something. But, honestly, they can't all be false. Also, it's funny that people connected to his business knew more about his so-called family life than the neighbors. I mean, the business customers were at least given some idea and knew that the younger girls were his daughters. The neighbors seem to just sit back and watch the bizarre backyard happenings or like Helen Boyer who thought the girls were Nancy's friend's kids who she was babysitting. It's just insane.

I think they were talking about it on JVM one night.

This is one of the pictures used by the media at the time of Jaycee's disappearance.

JAYCEETHEN3.jpg

I see a strong resemblance between this picture and the business card photo.

jayceel.jpg
IMHO this child has a longish face kind of oval.
The mature person has wide cheek bones, Different face shape completly...
MOO

IMHO this child has a longish face kind of oval.
The mature person has wide cheek bones, Different face shape completly...
MOO

I agree her face looks oval in the younger pic, but on another site it was zoomed in and it looks rounder...I think the photo on the card is her.

Attachments

• jayceeagain.jpg
    jayceeagain.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 27
Baggy denim top, on the right, hanging in one of the tents on the clothes rack...more clear at Radar.online
((sorry if this has already been posted... I am just catching up after the holiday weekend)) Radaronline also had a picture of a makeup bag and jewelry box in some of their tent pictures (have to go find exact picture... iirc the makeup kit was open... and the case part was purple)

Personally I don't think he wanted to get caught persay. I think he either thought that he gotten by with it all these years and that no one would notice now. Or that if they noticed they would be so blown away by his revelations that no one would care. That she was legal now, that she was his 'wife' and that what went before would be forgiven.

To some extent I think he had also rewritten history in his mind at least at times. In his mind I don't think he saw "I kidnapped and raped a child." I think he saw "I saw her and fell in love, now she is my wife."
ita! (with everything you posted) In his grand delusion (and with the passing of so much time), the kidnapping was in the past and he had gotten AWAY with it (away being the operative). I think in his derranged mind he actually believed that he could never get caught after all this time. Normal people cannot even begin to think like him (thank GOD). I, too, think that he was not on a mission to get caught. Not in the slightest (moo of course)

This picture definitely looks like it's 10+ years old. The hair style, makeup, shirt, and pose scream 1990's Senior photo. Jaycee wasn't in school, but she was educated and we're learning that she did go out in public occasionally, so could this photo have been taken by a professional photographer?

I was reading the National Enquirer yesterday, and there is a photo of Jaycee a bit more clear then the one we see here.
But PG' barber said that the girl on the photo is definitely Jaynee. He said that PG gave him a card once told him he used his daughter on the card to show the customers a sample of how he can do that for them...The hair cutter put the card up on his bulletin board and never thought of it, but he knows it is jaycee because he did meet her twice.

Cant get you a link - it may be on their site when the new paper gets printed.

I actually think that the pic looks very early 90's...when there was kind of a crossover going on between the glam/tackiness of the 80s and gradual more natural look of the 90s. No super big hair, but still kind of poofy in a more natural way. I graduated from hs in 1993 and could probably find any number of yearbook photos of different people similar to this pic.

I'm emphasizing this because Jaycee disappeared in 1991 and so that is the last style she would have known before she was taken away into this creep's world.

I completely agree. I'm even more inclined to believe that Garrido probably told her how to style her hair, make-up, wardrobe. Afterall, this was his fantasy, not hers.

I was reading the National Enquirer yesterday, and there is a photo of Jaycee a bit more clear then the one we see here.
But PG' barber said that the girl on the photo is definitely Jaynee. He said that PG gave him a card once told him he used his daughter on the card to show the customers a sample of how he can do that for them...The hair cutter put the card up on his bulletin board and never thought of it, but he knows it is jaycee because he did meet her twice.

Cant get you a link - it may be on their site when the new paper gets printed.

This is the best picture I could get.

Attachments

• 64367.jpg
    64367.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 78

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads