The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many years had passed from the time of PR's last ovarian cancer treatment and JonBenet's death? After having my husband go through chemo for colon cancer last year, I could see a shift in his personality. And although he hasn't had chemo in about 8 months, he still has "chemo brain", which is a real thing.

I don't know the answer, but she was diagnosed when JB was 3, and she probably was receiving medical care including surgery and chemo for around a year is my thought.

RL2

Someone posted on one of these sites that Lin Wood tweeted and said Kolar's book was trash and not worth a lawsuit.

Kolar was very careful in his book to not cross the line and say Burke was the killer. However, in the CBS show he went there. Now Lin Wood is going to sue everyone on the show including Kolar (according to his tweets).

Here it is. (copied from eileenhawkeye poster)

Wood on why Kolar wasn't sued:

Lin Wood ‏@LLinWood 12h12 hours ago
@RuthHall10916 @realtvwchr Kolar book is trash. I ignored it when self-published. Not credible enough to sue. @CBS show will get him sued.

Kolar was very careful during the CBS show. I watched him to see. He nodded and agreed with the others, clarified some things, but was mostly in the background. LW doesn't have a leg to stand on there (IMO).

A couple of quick questions..

1. Why has Lin Wood not already sued James Kolar four years ago when his book was released?

2. Didn't CBS plan their show first? Prior to team Ramsey flocking in for "damage control?"[/QUOTE

James Kolar doesn't have "deep" pockets, so there is nothing but cost for him and you know JR isn't coming up with any $$$.

The CBS show was produced by Clemente and the woman (forgot her name) and they started production in October 2015. Lin Wood jumped the gun and made Burke a public figure before the CBS docu-series aired. Hahahahahahhahaha!

I wonder how many years had passed from the time of PR's last ovarian cancer treatment and JonBenet's death? After having my husband go through chemo for colon cancer last year, I could see a shift in his personality. And although he hasn't had chemo in about 8 months, he still has "chemo brain", which is a real thing.

Chemo brain never really goes away. But, having experience with many "chemo" brains in my life, the after math of the chemotherapy was loss of the ability to retain short term memory and trouble finding the correct words to express themselves. None of my peeps exhibited personality changes or violent behaviors post chemo.

RL2

Someone posted on one of these sites that Lin Wood tweeted and said Kolar's book was trash and not worth a lawsuit.

Kolar was very careful in his book to not cross the line and say Burke was the killer. However, in the CBS show he went there. Now Lin Wood is going to sue everyone on the show including Kolar (according to his tweets).

cricket49,
Normally you might expect CBS to concede privately, pay some token sum, and agree to a binding NDA. On this occassion, not only has the plaintiff (BR) gone on public TV, but has also volunteered previously unknown facts. Now CBS stands to gain from all the extra publicity and might decide to publish the unseen footage, so all the ad revenue could offset any legal fees.

CBS are entitled to comment on BR's interview and given the new facts, offer expert opinion on who may have killed JonBenet, after all its patently either an intruder or a Ramsey?

LW's greed, as per the Dr Phil Show, tipped him over the edge, allowing BR to appear in public, that really was a bad move, possibly a checkmate?

The documentary on CBS said it could have gotten there from her body being moved from surface to surface around the house I believe. I don't buy that. I can't think of any way for any splinter to end up inside of a vagina without penetration. Unless the splinter was on the outer surface and I am under the impression it was on the inside. If anyone knows differently please correct me. The splinter could also account for the spot of blood on the underwear that the documentary seemed to dismiss or did not have time to include. And if so, the splinter was obtained while she was alive or immediately after death while her heart still beat, and not later from her body being moved by John and LE or there would have been no blood spot.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

This is several pages back, but splinter on floor, rag on splinter on floor, rag used to wipe up crotch, splinter gets inside a bit. That's the only way I can see it if it wasn't paintbrush/finger stuck in there.

Not really, whose to say he even has a job? If you call John paying him to stay home and program iPhone apps a job? Who knows, I do not believe a single thing any of the Ramseys say. Not one word.
Sorry, i know i'm way, way behind, but... Burke's linkedin profile shows he's been working for a few years at an IT company in Indiana, and shows a promotion. The company is a real company. He has contacts and people who endorsed him for different skills. He has very detailed descriptions of what he did, which is written in very techy IT, which I don't speak. He also had an internship during college at a different IT company, and they apparently liked him enough to hire him when he graduated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I still can't get past the doo-doo smearing/hiding/making into a softball sized chunk/wiping on her candy. If these "parents" didn't have him in therapy the first time they found a dingleberry in an inappropriate place, i.e.outside the TOILET, they are to blame for more than lying about this murder. The covering up started way back when. Or the ignoring. If JonBenet had recurrent vaginitis at 4,5,6 years old it "might" have been from her brother putting S**T in her underwear and on her sheets. Or sticking a piece in her.

I hope LW files the suit TODAY. He better have more than just his ducks in a row when BR is being prepped for cross examination, although I'm sure Dr. Phil can tranq him up for his testimony.

Another classic case of money + politicians = favors. The DA was paid off.

I think the covering up was all about Patsy's immense guilt about failing both her children. I think she knew issues where going on with her kids and she felt responsible for them, and for JBR's death. I think the worst thing in the world for her would have been to lose her remaining child....and the only hope of redemption would be through "saving Burke" since it was already to late for JBR. I think Patsy felt she had already failed her daughter and wasn't about to fail her son too.

Also regarding the UTI's JBR apparently had frequent boughts of, could it be from contact with her brothers feces, or sexual assault...perhaps.....but UTI's are actually really really common for girls that age because they are learning to wipe and sometimes do so in the wrong directions or don't wipe thoroughly enough. So they can be quite common even without any type of "problems" at home.

This is several pages back, but splinter on floor, rag on splinter on floor, rag used to wipe up crotch, splinter gets inside a bit. That's the only way I can see it if it wasn't paintbrush/finger stuck in there.

buggiegirl,
It was either the paintbrush or a finger. Coroner Meyer said verbatim that JonBenet had been Digitally Penetrated, now that is unambiguous.

The only qualification that can be made is was it staging or a sexual assault, consider if it was a planned assault?

The officer who was tazed cares more about Jonbenet's justice than her friggin family. It breaks my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? Shouldn't the Ramseys be BEGGING the BPD to retest everything with the newest methods?? That could turn up a match in CODIS! Of course, it could also turn up a match within their fam.

Random question time

What happened to JonBenet dog ?

Jacques, a bichon frise, was left with the neighbors, the Barnhills. They are the older couple who kept Jacques frequently when JonBenet was still alive. They have both passed away.

Forgive me if this has been covered on this thread...I may have missed it. One thing that has always troubled me: the Ramseys refused to release JB's medical records. Why? What was in there?

I'm just a bit curious how it would play out since Dr P is ON CBS...... seems like it should be a conflict and if Dr. P is so 'loyal' to BR and LW, maybe he and CBS should part ways... oh wait.. that would cut into his $$$.

My first thought is, if all else fails, the blame will eventually be laid on Patsy. (no pun intended)

Kolar was very careful during the CBS show. I watched him to see. He nodded and agreed with the others, clarified some things, but was mostly in the background. LW doesn't have a leg to stand on there (IMO).

Exactly!
Anything he did say could be backed-up with evidence from the case.
That is FACT!
It is not deformation or anything he can be sued for.

John better grown a brain and get a better lawyer.

CBS is already on record saying they will take this to trial.
I don't think they will settle because it will set a precedent that could affect their other true crime show 48-Hours.

If Kolar and CBS are sued that will leave Burke and John open to questioning.

Wood is totally in over his head if he thinks he can go against CBS.
Their good ship SS Sue Everybody is slowly sinking.
And it started the minute they allowed Burke to talk to Dr.Phil.

And I agree. Those people sitting around the table brainstorming and then saying, "so we all agree?" doesn't mean their consensus opinion is factual. They decided the flashlight is the murder weapon and Burke used it to hit JB on the head over pineapple! They're entitled to their opinion, but it may or may not be in fact the truth. There's no evidence the flashlight is the murder weapon. That's speculation. It might have been, but it could have been something else as well.

What about all the other "experts" who have completely different opinions? Everyone can't be right. But this group went too far in making their allegations sound like facts. Burke might have done it. But he might not have. And he was nine! It just feels so wrong what they did. He's a human being with feelings. Wrecking him this way in the public eye? Twisted, IMO.

Wouldn't it be interesting for someone to do a show with experts from both sides and let them pretty much do a televised trial? No one is going to be charged in this, imo, so we have nothing to lose.

I am sure CBS had crossed all their T's and dotted all their I's before airing that show. Hence, could be the reason why it is was only aired with 4 hours instead of the originally planned 6 hours. LW and BR could open up a can of worms if they go forward for both BR and JR that they do not need opened. ALOT of questions would have to addressed. IMHO

They would have to prove he didn't do it, right?

I found this part of Kohler's Reddit AMA very interesting. He's asked "Do you believe the partially unwrapped Christmas toys in the basement had anything to do with the crime and if so how? And Kohler's replies, "I believe the torn wrapping on the Christmas presents photographed in the wine cellar played a part in the circumstances surrounding the murder. I can't say how because it is part of my hypothesis."

Also in the same AMA, he is asked if he believed it possible that the head blow was delivered from behind while JBR was seated in the kitchen while eating pineapple, and he replies, "It's hard to say if she was seated or standing when the blow was struck."

The packages part baffles me, I've always kind of assumed they were ripped open by Patsy looking for the size 12 undies gift she'd wrapped for her niece. That said, I also have no idea why that would be so important for JBR to be wearing. Sure someone could have helped her in the bathroom at the Xmas party and seen the Wednesday regular size undies, but with a child that wets the bed it would be super easy to say "oh yeah she had a little accident in the car and we changed her into Thursdays" rather than opening gifts to hunt down enormous Wednesdays.

To succeed in a defamation case against CBS, Ramsey would have to prove:

1. That the statements in question were false.
I will be FASCINATED to see how LW is going to prove it false! He'd have to find the actual killer to do that, IMO. Question though, wouldn't he have to prove that CBS knew the statements were false when they made them? Edited because I see the next paragraph says with him being a public figure that is the case, should have kept reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea