The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacques, a bichon frise, was left with the neighbors, the Barnhills. They are the older couple who kept Jacques frequently when JonBenet was still alive. They have both passed away.

With everything terrible that happened, it makes me happy that at least that dog had someone who loved him to care for him. After JB died I bet they would have taken him to a shelter.

I am sure CBS had crossed all their T's and dotted all their I's before airing that show. Hence, could be the reason why it is was only aired with 4 hours instead of the originally planned 6 hours. LW and BR could open up a can of worms if they go forward for both BR and JR that they do not need opened. ALOT of questions would have to addressed. IMHO

Is there anyway that those other two hours could ever be viewed? Broadcast it as pure "fiction" or lifetime movie-ish.

Jacques, a bichon frise, was left with the neighbors, the Barnhills. They are the older couple who kept Jacques frequently when JonBenet was still alive. They have both passed away.
Was there ever any explanation as to why someone else looked after her dog? That seems so unusual. I have read some theories/innuendos but were they ever asked about this directly? Thanks.

With everything terrible that happened, it makes me happy that at least that dog had someone who loved him to care for him. After JB died I bet they would have taken him to a shelter.
Sadly, I agree. But how did they determine when the dog stayed where? It is curious.

It may not matter much to Lin Wood what the outcome will be, he may do it simply to inflict financial distress. I feel especially bad for Jim Kolar.

Exactly!
Anything he did say could be backed-up with evidence from the case.
That is FACT!
It is not deformation or anything he can be sued for.

John better grown a brain and get a better lawyer.

CBS is already on record saying they will take this to trial.
I don't think they will settle because it will set a precedent that could affect their other true crime show 48-Hours.

If Kolar and CBS are sued that will leave Burke and John open to questioning.

Wood is totally in over his head if he thinks he can go against CBS.
Their good ship SS Sue Everybody is slowly sinking.
And it started the minute they allowed Burke to talk to Dr.Phil.

When the trial begins I will bring the popcorn....who will bring the candy and pop? LOL!!!!

Oh I'll join you and I'll bring the candy- any excuse to visit friends and family in Boulder!

Dr.s Spitz and Lee are 'phoney' experts?

Clemente - ex- FBI investigator is a phoney?

Kolar and Thomas - ex-Boulder BPD - phoney?

BTW - do not worry too much about Kolar and litigation expenses. If he was smart, he would have a contract that requires CBS to foot the bill for any lawsuit.

If not, I will raise money for his defense.

Right. Do not spend time worrying about the financial or legal woes of any of the experts in the show; they will be fully covered and won't lose a dime. CBS has lawyers up the wazoo and mark my words those lawyers were all over this, looking for areas of legal risk.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and forgive me if this has been covered already), but wouldn't a lawsuit basically open everything up for fresh eyes to reinvestigate? Not at a criminal level, of course, but still. Does he REALLY want to go there?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hmmm ... still thinking about the garotte ... If JB was struck by the flashlight while still in the kitchen, and then BR tried to get her down to the basement to hide her until she would "wake up", how would he do that when he most likely could not lift and carry her? He might have tried to drag her by the back collar of her night-dress, which then could have caused the triangle-shaped bruise on the front of her neck. What if he then thought he had a better idea and made the "garotte" only intending to use it to be better able to drag JB to the WC area? The knot around her neck so it wouldn't slide off, and the handle to provide a better purchase for his hands when pulling her body so the cord would not keep sliding through his fingers?

My point is, maybe the garotte was not intended at all to be a "garotte" and was only made to help BR drag JB to some place out of sight in case his parents got up. Then he went and got one of her blankets and put over her, either to further hide her or keep her warm.

The reason that a child the age of 9 can't be charged with murder in CO (and elsewhere, or other young aged children), is because they can't form an "intent" to murder. That doesn't mean that some of them actually can't form such an intent. But in general, a child that age might strike a killing blow in the heat of the moment without meaning to kill but only as an expression of angry retaliation. If that's what happened in this case, then BR may have been startled when she fell and just lay there -- this had not happened before when he'd hit her. He may not have realized "Well, she's unconscious" because it was just outside his experience. So he may have expected her to "wake up" after a little while, and not even realized he was strangling her while dragging her any distance with the "garotte".

Just thoughts.

Sadly, I agree. But how did they determine when the dog stayed where? It is curious.

The dog always stayed at the barnharts. JonBenet would go over there when she wanted to see her dog. Patsy said it stayed there because they traveled so much. One of the fox about JonBenet alludes to the dog not being safe in the Ramseys home because of a certain brother.

The dog always stayed at the barnharts. JonBenet would go over there when she wanted to see her dog. Patsy said it stayed there because they traveled so much. One of the fox about JonBenet alludes to the dog not being safe in the Ramseys home because of a certain brother.

I think that traveling excuse is bs!

Correct me if I'm wrong (and forgive me if this has been covered already), but wouldn't a lawsuit basically open everything up for fresh eyes to reinvestigate? Not at a criminal level, of course, but still. Does he REALLY want to go there?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He doesn't and he won't. Lin Wood is just screaming at the internet. I'm enjoying the show. I'd prefer to see Burke Ramsey deposed under oath by the finest attorneys CBS can hire, but Lin throwing tantrums is likely as far as it will go.

I suppose the brother is now engaged? and suffering over this new scandal:

It would have made all the sense in the world for CBS to have expected this, and that is why 2 hours that their lawyer insisted on taking out, made the final "cut": (imo)

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...t-ramsey-family-threatens-sue-cbs-documentary

“The accusations of the CBS so-called ‘experts’ lack substantial evidentiary support and contradict the factual conclusions reached by legitimate law enforcement authorities and experts familiar with the actual evidence developed in the case. CBS’ false and unprofessional attacks on this young man are disgusting and revolting,” he continued.

In an email, a press representative for the network said: “CBS stands by the broadcast and will do so in court.”

Wood did not immediately respond to a request from the Guardian for comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong