The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me where I can watch online besides cbs? It's not accepting my credit card because I'm overseas, but I have been waiting to see this :(

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

sorry if already posted

"A retired FBI agent and his colleagues working on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case will name the person investigators believe killed the six-year-old girl 20 years ago.

Forensic linguistic James Fitzgerald, along with other original investigators on the case, teamed up with new experts to re-examine the evidence of the unsolved case.

Fitzgerald said he along with his cohort will name a suspect they believe murdered JonBenet as well as individuals who helped that person get away with the 1996 killing during the conclusion of a four-hour limited docu-series airing on CBS, Yahoo TV reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ered-JonBenet-Ramsey-named.html#ixzz4KfkctTIW

IMO, since murder has no statute of limitations, the only way a murderer could have gotten away with it is to have died before the crime was solved.

Can anyone tell me where I can watch online besides cbs? It's not accepting my credit card because I'm overseas, but I have been waiting to see this :(

Me too. I missed it and I am looking for all over the place here in Canada. I don't have VOD for CBS. :(

It's showing on Channel 9 in Melbourne tonight. I'd guess it may be on up there as well.

One thing that surprised me was that even after 20 years, the Ramseys' friends and neighbors for the most part don't want to talk. Not even "it was a horrible time, we felt so bad for John and Patsy. And they never got justice." or whatever... the silence means something, MOO.

I'm glad we finally got to hear the missing parts of the 911 call, even though I'm not wholly convinced of what the parties said. It is clear to me however that there are 3 other voices on the tape.
Yep! I think Team Ramsey made the rounds ASAP, as we've read. And I think they had every potential witness they could find, sign an NDA. Or, at the very least, threatened them with lawsuits. I do think it was more official like an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes, I know, but the reenactment shown tonight didn't show a fracture that duplicated the real fracture. The real posterior fracture did not run to the bottom of the skull. The 8.5 inches was the total length from the back to front (posterior to anterior), with the back portion running a much shorter distance from the impact point than the front portion.

Someone else here mentioned it was impossible to duplicate the proposed scene accurately due to velocity and angle. Spitz showed the boy where to hit the skull and the demonstration was set with the correct heights of the children. A perpendicular swing from overhead pretty much settles it that the angle was close to correct. The boy swung as hard as he could so if the fracture did not run forward from the point of impact something is wrong. The fracture should have run both back and forward from the displaced skull impact point.

Maybe they just failed to show the anterior portion?

Try again! It's showing on Channel 9 in Melbourne tonight. I'd guess it may be on up there as well.

So where as the phone
in the brown wicker basket
located?

The Maglite was kept in a drawer but it was suspiciously left out on the counter on that morning. Are there any other explanations for it being out?

I think it's possible the flashlight was used in the initial blow to the head and the Ramsey's wiped it clean of prints (including the batteries) and left it purposely out as a way to help sell the idea of an intruder having used it. They just couldn't have predicted that 20 years later, their son would be interviewed on the Dr. Phil show and placing the flashlight in his father's hands that night.

Me too. I missed it and I am looking for all over the place here in Canada. I don't have VOD for CBS. :(

I also live in Canada in b.c. - it was on on global tv. tomorrow at 9pm for part 2.
channel 11 on shaw

Ok, so if BDI, why did they have to stage the crime scene, write the RN etc ...

Couldn't they just call 911 and say there was a serious accident while children were playing?

Was exactly are they trying to hide?

http://www.15minutenews.com/article/102805708/3-bombshells-from-the-case-of-jonben-t-ramsey/

3 Bombshells from The Case Of :JonBenet Ramsey
19 Sep 2016

3) "Cause of Death: With help from famed criminologist Werner Spitz, the team did some very creepy experiments on fake skulls wearing wigs. The experiments involved hitting the skulls with a flashlight, and even having a 10 year-old child see if he could exert the force needed to break the skull.

As creepy as that sounds (and was to watch), the kid was able to create the same injury in the fake skull, meaning not even Burke could be ruled out as a suspect on those grounds.
The team also learned that with a blunt force injury like JonBenét's, there wouldn't need to be traces of blood or skin on the weapon, meaning that the unclaimed flashlight found on the Ramseys' kitchen table could have been the murder weapon."

Yes, I know, but the reenactment shown tonight didn't show a fracture that duplicated the real fracture. The real posterior fracture did not run to the bottom of the skull. The 8.5 inches was the total length from the back to front (posterior to anterior), with the back portion running a much shorter distance from the impact point than the front portion.

Someone else here mentioned it was impossible to duplicate the proposed scene accurately due to velocity and angle. Spitz showed the boy where to hit the skull and the demonstration was set with the correct heights of the children. A perpendicular swing from overhead pretty much settles it that the angle was close to correct. The boy swung as hard as he could so if the fracture did not run forward from the point of impact something is wrong. The fracture should have run both back and forward from the displaced skull impact point.

Maybe they just failed to shown the anterior portion?

Hi, that was me.

One of my issues with picking a part the demonstration is that nobody was in the room when JBR was hit over the head, so nobody can know how to accurately recreate the injury to JBR's skull. The child in the demonstration may or may not have the equivalent strength to do the same damage BR allegedly inflicted. Even if the impact was close to where JBR was hit, a deviation in angle still might make a difference as to how the skull cracks. Do we know for sure they were using real skulls in the demonstration? Plaster casts of skulls might not crack the same way actual skulls crack. Real skulls have sutures and other weak spots. This is something to keep in mind.

I don't think the demonstration was meant to be a perfect recreation of the event, I think it was meant to show that a child is capable of doing this and that a injury equivalent to JBR's head wound might have been the result of the maglite being used as a weapon. That's what I got out of that, anyway.

Try again! It's showing on Channel 9 in Melbourne tonight. I'd guess it may be on up there as well.
Oooooo I hadn't thought it would be on here, I haven't even looked! Yay!

Here's a less enthused review of the show. Sounds like whoever wrote it doesn't follow the case and found it slightly boring, wonder if that's true of many viewers who weren't stoked about hearing an enhanced version of the 911 tape? I nearly died after missing that part and was on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show!
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-case-of-jonbenet-ramsey-has-cbs-solved-it-145449816.html

People's article:
http://www.people.com/article/the-case-of-jonbenet-premiere-ramsey-911-operator
The woman on the other end of the frantic 911 call Patsy Ramsey made in December 1996 – after finding a ransom note for her 6-year-old daughter, JonBenét, but before the girl was found dead – spoke out for the first time Sunday in the premiere of CBS' The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey.

Kim Archuleta, the Boulder, Colorado, 911 operator who took Patsy's call, detailed the dramatic phone conversation to investigators Laura Richards, a former Scotland Yard behavioral analyst, and Jim Clemente, a retired FBI profiler. The pair are re-examining the mysterious JonBenét case, with a team of experts, ahead of its 20th anniversary.

(The Case of is one of a number of such TV specials this year.)

"This is the first time that anyone's asked for my opinion in 20 years," Archuleta said Sunday. "I just remember having that sunken feeling, like something wasn't right. The problem was, if you hear the frantic [tone] in her voice when she's speaking to me, where she couldn't even answer my questions, it immediately stopped."

(modsnip)

I also live in Canada in b.c. - it was on on global tv. tomorrow at 9pm for part 2.
channel 11 on shaw

Yes, it's too bad the 1st part is not on Global on demand. I have the PVR set for tomorrow. :)

http://www.bustle.com/articles/1846...ramseys-murder-the-possibility-is-still-being
bustle
9/19/2016
re: flash light

"One such person is Werner Spitz, a renowned forensic pathologist who consulted on the Ramsey case. Spitz believed that the flashlight could have caused Ramsey’s head wound, and conducted a gruesome experiment to test the theory: He obtained a child’s corpse and struck it in the head with a flashlight.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=pC...en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=spitz&f=false

Ok, so if BDI, why did they have to stage the crime scene, write the RN etc ...

Couldn't they just call 911 and say there was a serious accident while children were playing?

Was exactly are they trying to hide?

One theory I have, is Burke waited too long. He hit her, then tried to wake her (prodding with train track), finally when realising she wasn't going to, he went to his parents. JR and Patsy might have thought too much time had passed, lets say he waited 40 mins to get parents, thats a long time to be unconscious, perhaps her pulse was so faint they thought she was dead? I am hoping they address this in the CBS doco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27