The Case, so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Mark Warner should have given new tenants notice that these burglaries had occurred. Even thick headed people like our subjects might have thought twice about open apartments. Also, security watches should have been intensified after the break-ins. To me, there is a direct relation between lax security and brazen crimes. No, the invasions are not necessarily connected at all but there is a lack of fear re: apprehension and that comes across to me & is what I meant. The man & child could be totally innocent, or not. I much prefer to believe that was simply a father going home with his child. At some time that night, somehow, Madeleine did leave 5A though.

Who was Martin Smith?
Martin Smith & his wife were travelers from Ireland, staying at PDL. That night, 3 May, they drank at Kelly's Bar and on the way home, saw the short man with short hair and dark jacket, beige pants, shiny black shoes carrying a child.

New report that the area being searched at PDL relates to mobile phone use of the doctors, whether from phone traces or converstion content about this wilderness area is unknown except to police. There's no reason why travelers wouldn't tour around but this particular area is said not to be attractive to tourists. The sniffer dogs and The Locator have tailed a path down to the beach for Madeleine on the night of 3 May. I believe the implication is that the party was on foot. Is that your understanding too?

Very interesting, if illegible. The man fingered in this Smith report denied he drinks, had never seen Smith, etc. But this is not the same sighting or report that I read. I first read about it in our own Websleuth media links and pursued it from there. The couple saw the bundleman after they left the bar. Drinking & hallucinating? Who knows!

Martin Smith & his wife were travelers from Ireland, staying at PDL. That night, 3 May, they drank at Kelly's Bar and on the way home, saw the short man with short hair and dark jacket, beige pants, shiny black shoes carrying a child.

Interesting.

By the way, do you have a link for that?

Interesting.

By the way, do you have a link for that?
Yes, go to #64 in page 3 of Colomom's translations from Portuguese newspapers at the top of Websleuth. The article appeared in the September 15 edition of SOL and is quoted at #64. Scroll down from the top and you will reach it with ease.

By the way, Smith is mentioned twice at #64, page 3. The second time, several paragraphs down, his last name only is given and a few more details. The pyjamas were both pink and white (photo on the web) and sometimes have been described as here: pink. Other times, called white.

One of the relevant testimonies within this investigation is the one from Martin Smith, an Irishman who resides in Luz and who says that, on the night of May 3, he crossed ways with a man who was carrying a child. She seemed to be asleep, and both were going in the direction of the beach.

What other direction would she have been going?

Six paragraphs down.

This article is about Murat being seen at a bar -- contradicting his claim that he was home with his mother.

But Murat's friend is contradicting that testimony.

"Martin Smith, an Irish expatriate living in Praia da Luz, said he saw the man drinking in a local bar that night, according to the reports.

But the suspect's friend said he had never heard of Mr Smith and added that the suspect had not drunk alcohol for “years and years”.

My point, Smith's account is contradicted by another person.

But Murat's friend is contradicting that testimony.

"Martin Smith, an Irish expatriate living in Praia da Luz, said he saw the man drinking in a local bar that night, according to the reports.

But the suspect's friend said he had never heard of Mr Smith and added that the suspect had not drunk alcohol for “years and years”.

My point, Smith's account is contradicted by another person.

Yes, but the topic is Murat, not the bundleman. There may be a report that Smith saw bundleman, but it's not in this article.

So it sounds as if this Smith tried to set up a false alibi for Murat?

This article is about Murat being seen at a bar -- contradicting his claim that he was home with his mother.

I thought I read that he had been at a bar and

then gone home to be with his mother.

Murat and his mother both say he spent the night at her house.
Then this Martin Smith claims that Murat was in a bar.
Murat's friend claims he wasn't in the bar and doesn't drink.
So why did Martin Smith say he saw Murat in a bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆