The Case, so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to find some print on the 5 drivers who rented the Renault Scenic before the McCanns did. Those names are not being given out but if one of them was Russell O'Brien, I think we would have learned that in the notorious leaks, if not in some overt police statement. I did find out that the sniffer dogs found the scent of Madeleine in O'Brien's apt. and not blood or other suspicious residue and that she visited there during the holiday so the discovery was not unexpected.

Well that's good to know.

Of course, it proves that the dogs know what they're doing.

I've been reading excerpts from the information given in deposition by Martin Smith to the police. The reason the bar was brought up was to refute the notion that the bundleman Smith, his wife & children saw was Robert Murat. Smith averred that, living in Luz, he had known Murat for years and would have recognised him. He said he had seen him in a bar intoxicated but when is not clear. Murat was a suspect and his Russian friend was under scrutiny so their statements were viewed with cicumspection.

Well more people admit to not drinking than to drinking.
In other words, not that many people insist that they do
drink when someone says they don't.

Two items I read this week, for the first time. During the missing hours, the news is reporting that Gerry McCann dined in a restaurant at 6:30, after playing tennis. Same article states that Kate McCann was at 5A with the children. Also, item #2, a British woman driving down the public road saw a woman in a trench coat standing at the window of the children's bedroom, looking at and in the window. She said she then caught the woman in her headlights and there was evasive action. This was close to 10 p.m. We already had the short man in the two tone glasses lurking in the stairwell, studying the scene including the elevator and the parking lot. He was observed by the linen maid who collided with him shortly afterward, surprising them both.

The only reason Murrat still an arguido is the fact that he lied about his alibi. Personally I think he did not have one, got scared about being involved in this case and invented one and the police caught him, not necessarily because he is involved but because he does not have an alibi and he knew that if he did not have one, he was in real trouble.

Does anyone think that this has anything to do with the McCann case:

clear.gif

CHANGE OF HER MAJESTY'S AMBASSADOR TO PORTUGAL (10/09/07)

PRESS RELEASE: MONDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2007

Mr Alexander Ellis has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to The Portuguese Republic in succession to Mr John Buck who has left the Diplomatic Service. Mr Ellis will take up this appointment with immediate effect.

CURRICULUM VITAE

Full Name: Alexander Wykeham Ellis
2005 – 2007 European Commission, seconded as Adviser to the
President of the European Commission
2003 – 2005 Madrid, Counsellor, Head of EU and Global Issues Team
2001 – 2003 FCO, Head of Enlargement Team, EU Directorate
1996 – 2001 UKRep Brussels, First Secretary, Economic, later
Institutions
1992 – 1996 Lisbon, Third later Second Secretary
1990 – 1992 FCO, Southern Africa Department

Mr Ellis is married to Maria Teresa Adegas and they have one son.

Does anyone think that this has anything to do with the McCann case:

clear.gif

CHANGE OF HER MAJESTY'S AMBASSADOR TO PORTUGAL (10/09/07)

PRESS RELEASE: MONDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2007

Mr Alexander Ellis has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to The Portuguese Republic in succession to Mr John Buck who has left the Diplomatic Service. Mr Ellis will take up this appointment with immediate effect.

CURRICULUM VITAE

Full Name: Alexander Wykeham Ellis
2005 – 2007 European Commission, seconded as Adviser to the
President of the European Commission
2003 – 2005 Madrid, Counsellor, Head of EU and Global Issues Team
2001 – 2003 FCO, Head of Enlargement Team, EU Directorate
1996 – 2001 UKRep Brussels, First Secretary, Economic, later
Institutions
1992 – 1996 Lisbon, Third later Second Secretary
1990 – 1992 FCO, Southern Africa Department

Mr Ellis is married to Maria Teresa Adegas and they have one son.

It would be odder if there were no connection.

Just reading about a physical confrontation that took place in Sep. between the Forensic Science Services & their personnel and Portuguese television producers and employees. Because of an intrusion, the t.v. crew was threatened, the building was shut down and police were called. If reporting is this aggressive, no wonder we get all sorts of wild leaks about results. I have to assume that the PJ is withholding results that arrived by diplomatic pouch on Monday. The public had been led to believe there would be revelations regarding results & their analyses.

The team of five British criminalists has returned from PDL & delivered their evaluation of the crime. They were not of one mind. David Canter, criminal profiler, thinks it would be very easy to effect such a kidnapping due to the many alleyways around the apartments. His opinion is that a local person was a major perpetrator. Some of the others thought a resort like PDL was an unlikely target for pedophiles or kidnappers when it is so easy to nab children in Eastern Europe. I found each of their analyses interesting.

This is by way of being the opposite of Gord's "Hard Evidence". Regarding the missing hours when Madeleine was not seen, it has been reported that Kate & Gerry both played tennis but also that he played tennis while she jogged; that he had a tennis lesson from 6:00-6:30 after they retrieved the children from the Kids' Club or that his lesson ran one hour, that the parents fed the children high tea elsewhere or that they stayed past 5:30 and ate at the Kids' Club. And until the PJ refuted it absolutely, the restaurant said there was CCTV footage to prove the family at there the evening of 3 May with Madeleine dancing on the beach w. her father & having ice cream. The restaurant had the wrong day in mind and on video.

I want to go on record in saying I do not believe Madeleine was developmentally disabled. No recent photos of her are expressionless, only certain baby still shots, not the video. Instead she is either amused and happy or winsome & shy. She was in nursery school in Rothley and already enrolled in the local Catholic school for this semester. When she is quoted, she has a good grasp of language. Not that parents are objective, but Kate describes her as pretty, bright, funny, endearing and talkative. Gerry said she was a ringleader. They both called her an ideal little girl and thought that might create a danger for her from people w. bad intentions.

I don't think a pedophile would target a child based on her engaging personality. While a youngster laughing and obviously having a good time attracts more attention of everyone watching, what a pedophile is looking for is a kid who is pliable and easily led away vs. a child who would fight and raise a ruckus.

What happened to the "What's really going on here?" thread? & the General discussion thread has been closed?

When the 5 criminalists returned from Portugal, one of them (David Canter) speculated that a kidnapper could have gotten in & out of 5A in one minute. Now the PJ are saying that McCann or the doctors could have transported a body to the beach & gotten back in three minutes, after dumping it in the sea. In this same assertion, they claim a kidnapper couldn't have fled w. Madeleine unseen. But the McCanns could have? And three minutes to insure the body would not wash up! At least in past hypotheses, there was a trip out to sea and weights to submerge the corpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson