The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frustrated detective

frustrated detective Member

Fuller's argument for INTENT was very convincing, I thought.

2. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

At the second bail hearing, Judge Applegarth commented that the Internet connection and GBC first texts were at the same time. Danny Boyle said these things are very technical. But it's never been explained if it's connected. I think they just don't know.

3. squizzey1

squizzey1 Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

what now state of origin

4. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

Geez, thankfully looks like Marly has done a donut run and restocked supplies.

5. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Just re-reading Const. Ash's statement and a couple of things jumped out at me again.

Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that A normally walked along. He said that he couldn't find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get ready for school as well as get himself ready by having a Sh, Sh, Sh.......

Hadn't he already stated in his txts to A that the girls were already up.

I asked Olivia Walton what the girls had been told that morning. She said "that Gerard told the girls shortly after 6am that mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole and would not be back". She then asked 'is that ok?'

Apart from the WTF factor of telling your children that about your mother and her asking if that was OK. I mean really, WTFF. She is also stating that the girls were up just after 6am. So why would he then need to rush back to get them up as per above.

Just saying is all.

6. squizzey1

she's a good girl that marly:loveyou:

7. Amee

Amee Active Member

11.11am: Brisbane Supreme Court Justice John Byrne has asked a jury to retire to consider a verdict in the trial of Gerard Baden-Clay.

Baden-Clay, 43, has pleaded not guilty to murdering his wife Allison at their Brookfield home and to dumping her body 13km away at the Kholo Creek Bridge at Anstead on April 19, 2012.

He asked the jury to retire at 11.10am.

Justice Byrne discharged three reserve jurors who had patiently listened to evidence over the past month.

He thanked them for their service.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...wipe-slate-clean/story-fnihsrf2-1226983491477

8. Inspector

Inspector Member

Could it be that A being sent a text "woke" (very technical I know, I mean the screen lighting up and the SMS being registered) her phone up and it somehow connected to the internet?

9. Total

Total New Member

As a relative latecomer, previous lurker, I just want to say how much I admire all of you who have stuck throughout the last two plus years to wanting to see absolute justice for Allison. I am feeling exhausted, so cannot begin to think how some of you, like Kiwijayne, Liadan and in fact too many to name, must be feeling.

Yes, my first thoughts and no doubt all of your thoughts are with Allison's girls, family and friends. All sleuthers and WS deserve some high accolades as well.

Well done, and may the right verdict be reached.

I now can do with some dough nuts, Squiz!?

10. squizzey1

there is so much contradiction in all the S#%& he says:jail::jail: and for a long time

11. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

Either the 3 reserve jurors are breathing a sigh of relief or disappointed they can't have their say. Thank you to those people.

12. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Despicable!

13. UnfoldingTruth

Wonder how long it will take. Wish there was a way to set an alarm on my phone/computer to let me know verdicts in! I need to take off for a bit for now.. Enjoy the donuts everyone and hope we don't have to wait too long, but more importantly hope the verdict is right and brings justice...Really hope theres no lesser charge of Manslaughter. I think ALi or someone answered, but whats the time difference with the 2?

14. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Absolutely despicable
    Shame on you Baden-Clays!

15. squizzey1

Marlys got em all all shapes and sizes and clours too yum

16. louisepiglet

louisepiglet Well-Known Member

I think that the average man in the street would not believe that either. And i would imagine that most of the jury would be "the average man in the street".

17. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

For the jurors...may Allison & the sunflowers be with you :)

[​IMG]

18. UnfoldingTruth

I think it would be frustrating to have to sit through it all and then not get your say..but I guess if you were on the fence, you'd probably feel relieved.

19. MadDoc

MadDoc Member

Yes - any unusual behaviours or "manifestations"? Is he strutting around loudly self-promoting, or is he subdued and hiding somewhere? Are his GG's fawning over him and treating him as a superstar, or have they turned on him and are the feathers flying? It would be fascinating to know.

20. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.