The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly...if the kids DID miss school, so what? If he was so concerned about Allison that he called the police, surely sending the kids off to school would become completely irrelevant. Unless you wanted to get them out of there for some reason, before police arrived.
Yes. So what. They were only in infants/primary school anyway. Even if Allison had turned up and gone to the conference the girls could have gone to Baden Clay grandparents for the day.

You got me thinking now. I have not heard anything about the interference with a corpse charge being dropped and I can't imagine why it would be as it's a big part of the allegations of what happened to Allison. But, I can't see anything in the judges directions to the jury about it so I don't know. Anyone else got any comments. maybe something in what Todd has said.
I think that if the verdict is guilty, then the interfering with a corpse goes without saying doesn't it?

how many of you have pondered that he might , just might , hopefully not, God willing , be home for the weekend:gaah::tantrum::shame:

When they have reached a verdict, they will file into the courtroom and be asked if they have a verdict.

They will first be asked whether Mr Baden-Clay is guilty of murder.

If yes, Mr Baden-Clay likely will be sentenced. Life imprisonment is mandatory.

If not, the jury they will be asked whether they find him guilty or not guilty of manslaughter.

If guilty, he will be sentenced.

If he is found not guilty of either then he will walk free.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-murder-trial-jury-begins-deliberation/2314537/

Oh, I just read your first sentence as 'they have reached a verdict'.. I nearly jumped for joy, until I reread it!
I guess it was wishful thinking on my part.

It took a bit over 24 hours for Daniel Morcombes Jury to reach a verdict!! (about 8 hours of actual deliberation time.)
When the jury are ready to come back I think it would be put onto a news report because they would need time to contact the relevant people and assemble back into the court...I imagine???

The Morcombe jury did have a videoed confession though which I have no doubt made it a lot easier for them.

Yes. So what. They were only in infants/primary school anyway. Even if Allison had turned up and gone to the conference the girls could have gone to Baden Clay grandparents for the day.
Maybe they wanted to keep the girls away from the activities, Police presence, people searching, being preoccupied. Maybe they saw it as less startling for the girls to just do their normal routine. As it was one of the girls was upset at school and they were called to come and collect her.

When I was on a jury, the first thing we did was go round the circle to see what each person thought, guilty or not guilty. It ended up taking about 5 days for all of us to agree. There was one person who disagreed with the others and it became quite heated at times. This is the problem, it only takes 1 person to disagree with the others.

I just hope that doesn't happen here.
If it does, I would suspect that that particular person has been sleepwalking for the past 18 days :notgood::pullhair:

I think that if the verdict is guilty, then the interfering with a corpse goes without saying doesn't it?

Yes, but it is still a separate charge that needs a verdict and a separate sentence. So I would have thought the judge would have instructed the jury on it.

Here I am back- I was supposed to go and do a few things while I wait.. lol
Could be days?? How long does everyone guess? I think by the end of today is being hopeful... maybe by the end of the week?

The Morcombe jury did have a videoed confession though which I have no doubt made it a lot easier for them.
Yes...but the Max Sica case is probably more like this one.....only it had LESS circstantial evidence.

Yes, but it is still a separate charge that needs a verdict and a separate sentence. So I would have thought the judge would have instructed the jury on it.
They are not going to have a whole other trial for that though....

how many of you have pondered that he might , just might , hopefully not, God willing , be home for the weekend:gaah::tantrum::shame:

NOoooooooo! Surely not. I have to think if they can't convict on murder then he'll get manslaughter?? Not aquitted..I hope

Yes...but the Max Sica case is probably more like this one.....only it had LESS circstantial evidence.

Does anyone remember how long the jury took to reach a verdict on the Sica trial- just out of curiousity? I can't remember.

Here I am back- I was supposed to go and do a few things while I wait.. lol
Could be days?? How long does everyone guess? I think by the end of today is being hopeful... maybe by the end of the week?

tonight optimistic , tomorrow likely , later than Monday night not , any later than Tuesday and he will walk from MURDER fwiw

I agree. A lot less circumstantial evidence. I don't know how long the jury took to reach its verdict and couldn't see it with a quick google. My guess would be a few days. Anyone know?

OK .... As we wait ... Just thinking about Doc Watson, and his various remedies along the way....
"Breathe in, breathe out....."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member