The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love a chinple on a man but his brain is what does it for me ;)

I just have to say Froglady- I know TF has your heart, but I think you and kermit have so much in common. :D

(sorry, can't help myself, will refrain from any future matchmaking)

I found this statement from the first day of the trial.

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

But that is when the magistrate committed him to stand trial over a year ago. The prosecution could have decided not to proceed on the interference charge since the committal.

ha ha:laughing: so thats how you know what you do.. lots of idle time in there huh?
That's my secret. Idle time. But another secret, Squizzy is my cellmate. After all he is verified as an insider!.

I just have to say Froglady- I know TF has your heart, but I think you and kermit have so much in common. :D

(sorry, can't help myself, will refrain from any future matchmaking)

We are bored already and some of us, me included are going OT.

I found this statement from the first day of the trial.

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

Yes that's from back at the Committal Hearing.

The charge was later dropped prior to start of trial.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 35s
The jury is being sent home. They'll reconvene at 9am tomorrow to continue their deliberations. #badenclay
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 1 time1 FavoriteFavorited 0 times
More

That's my secret. Idle time. But another secret, Squizzy is my cellmate. After all he is verified as an insider!.

:laughing: I can just see you both there nutting it out together, hunched over your laptops.

Just found this, could mean what we think it means.

What the Police must prove according to QLD Law for Improper Interference With A Corpse
In order for the Police to prove their case at Court, they must prove each of the following matters beyond a reasonable doubt.

The accused

1. without lawful justification or excuse improperly;

2. indecently interferes with or offers any indignity to;

3. any human body or human remains whether buried or not.

It will be necessary for the Police in every offence to prove that the accused was the person who committed the offence.

http://www.australiancriminallawyers.com.au/web/page/qld_law_improper_interference_with_a_corpse

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59s

Judge is telling the jury they must not make enquiries outside the trial. A juror has downloaded a document. #badenclay

Judge says the document was a guide to jury deliberations. He says they must not do this, it was wrong. #badenclay

Judge says any advice needs to come from this court. This court has given them a jury guide. #badenclay

Oh FFS!!!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
The jury will be sent home for the day, deliberations to continue tomorrow from 9am

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
#badenclay jury sent home for the day. Jurors will resume deliberations at 9am tomorrow

We are bored already and some of us, me included are going OT.

Yes, I need to pull my head in and get back on track. Imagine the mess poor Marly will have to clean up if the jury deliberations continue too long. Sorry Marly :loveyou:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2m

Judge is telling the jury they must not make enquiries outside the trial. A juror has downloaded a document. #badenclay

Omg, listen to the Judge people!

Grounds for an appeal? :scared:

Sorry Alioop I didn't see the date on that statement. Thanks for pointing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288