The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KG1

KG1 Registered user

My condolences to you for your friends' terrible murders. It is so much harder to have any understanding of this type of crime when one does not have a reason or motive, as in this case. It is terrible for the family and all who knew and loved them.

2. Couldbe

Couldbe Well-Known Member

.... kiwijayne, I can remember you reporting that here on Websleuths. At the time, I think that you had wondered if he was a Detective. What did that man look like?

3. Camp Chair

Camp Chair Active Member

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226955474656

Snipped from above link:

Mrs Dickie: She told us that Gerard no longer loved her and I said, `well, come and live with us on the coast if you want to’ and she said `no’, she wasn’t going to leave him,” she said.

I had mis-interpreted twitter as 'she wasn't going to leave the girls'.
    ------

Ms Baden-Walton said her sister-in-law ran resilience training programs in schools and sold healthy chemical-free household products and supplements as a side business.

Could this be where the weight loss injections stem from?

“That was like a multi-level marketing arrangement where she joined as a distributor and she had a party where she played a DVD that we all watched and encouraged other people to also purchase the product,” she said.

“From the purchasing of the product she got a commission

I get the impression OW wants it known that Allison was making a profit from her involvement in the resilience program.
    **Correction - misread that. Profit was referring to health products sold**

IMO

4. kiwijayne

kiwijayne Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I had no choice but to be observant. I had to watch for cars, holes etc etc on the road. I would have noticed her like the 2 ladies that I saw running on the road who always reminded me of barbies dolls. Or the blue car with the older gentlemen in it who liked to read the paper parked up along from the rest home.

5. Zim

Zim Active Member

6. Camp Chair

Camp Chair Active Member

I had dismissed the Baden-Walton name mentioned today as a typo/misquote, but there it is again mentioned in Courier Mail.

Has OW changed her name??

7. kiwijayne

He was walking a dog(that I noticed I love dogs) he had dark hair and was tall and skinny. He was just out of place to the people I normally saw around.

8. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

9. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Well-Known Member

So strange to me

10. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Note the eye for detail that a person on foot has. She takes in everything. Every itsy bitsy seemingly irrelevant detail.
    Imagine if something big were to happen, like an OW type person driving around, slowly, stopping, driving, eyes everywhere, looking looking for something or someone, and she is asking people, random, people if they have seen .......

11. laserdisc10

Maybe the police didn't need to call Kiwijayne as a witness because they already knew from OW's phone records that she was not driving that area looking for Allison?

12. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

I'm only partway through reading all of todays posts.. But I am getting REALLY frustrated with the portrait GBC family seem to be painting of Allison. Its as though they are trying to excuse all he has done, because poor dear had to live with this awful wife who just lay around in a severe depression for the last 10 years or so and he had to endure it all. Its frustrating that they keep talking about what it was like after the birth of her first or second child and how she was depressed..blah, blah, blah.. but is that really how things were in recent times? They are not talking about that at all..its all about how she was x number of years ago. Not saying she may still have been suffering some level of depression leading up to her death, but what they are talking about- what I have read so far is way before that time. And by all accounts, Allison did not sound severly depressed in recent times- she was getting involved in her life and her kids lives, trying to save her marriage etc.. not lying on the couch with the curtains drawn. And then we come back to if they are trying to say she must have suicided, how do they suggest she got out to kholo bridge? walked all that way and threw herself over?

13. Makara

Makara Former Member

Or Bwana's in pyjamas. :floorlaugh:

14. laserdisc10

I know. It really grates. It's frustrating. Seems so unjust

But don't worry, things will be well. You can see through it and so can the jury. It's the jury which decides his fate. And there are no BCs on that jury. Just people like you

15. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

I am reposting my now competed post as I wrote it in stages with edits as I was scared it could disappear and it's taken me an hour to write. So those who had already seen some of can now see the finished version.

16. laserdisc10

Am I allowed to say that personally I feel straight-jackets to be more appropriate ?

17. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Hi all,
    I have really enjoyed reading over everyone's contributions from today, thanks! I don't have much more to add except that my reaction to the notion that Allison didn't drive was similar to most of you here. OW was most definitely focusing on depression and painting a picture of a terrible life for poor Gerard.

Mrs Dickie was priceless, she really put the defence counsel in his place and at one time he seemed quite flummoxed - she demanded "well how would YOU feel if your wife told you she didn't love you any more, wouldn't you feel anxious?" - she struck me as the type of uncomplicated lady who couldn't lie if she tried. Just gorgeous. Allison would have been so proud of them both today I think. We were left in no doubt whatsoever of Mrs D's view of the BC family - I actually gained the most insight into the true family dynamics from her testimony. She is not a fan of GBC!

Toni to me was just like she was at the committal but looked a bit worse, more bedraggled. Her voice was slow, she paused a lot and had many unfinished sentences,like she may be on heavy medication. Still very much caught up in how tragic and heartbreaking the whole situation has been for her - not a care in the world about Allison's death.

Finally, I spent the lunch hour in a cafe sitting across the room from Nigelaine. Interesting that they were completely alone, (no OW even) in contrast to the enormous Dickie contingent there today. Is that where arrogance gets you I wonder? You will be pleased to know they did sneak a quick pash and cuddle though which was just what we all needed to see at that point.....not......

Thanks again everyone for the great contributions today :)

18. kiwijayne

true.

19. laserdisc10

Wonder why OW wasn't asked about the remark she made in response to Constable Keiron Ash's question about what Allison's daughters had been told that morning after Olivia Walton returned to the house after taking the girls to school?

Queensland Police Witness Statement completed by Constable Keiron Ash stated that when asked what the girls had been told, Olivia Walton as she was then, replied, ' Gerard told the girls shortly after 6a.m. that Mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole and would not be back'

Constable Keiron Ash's statement continued: ' She (Olivia Walton) then asked, "Is that OK?"

20. KG1

KG1 Registered user

Thanks so much Ali. Now take a good well earned rest. Will you be going again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.