The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forthegirls

Forthegirls New Member

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
    :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

2. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

I think you may have misunderstood what a few of us were saying about "not believing" this statement. I believe OW said that to Ash, but i believe she was being sarcastic, and that comment was never actually said to the girls at all.

Is that what you're referring to?

3. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Well-Known Member

It is. Early. They would have been dumped at the school and Aunty Olivia roared off back to the house

It's been a long time since my children went to primary school, but from memory, they didn't go into class in the mornings until 9 - 9.30 ?

So those poor little girls of Allison's were told, 'shortly after 6 am' by their father that mum had fallen down a hole and wouldn't be back

Dad was busy shaving and the rest. Phone calls back and forth. Girls would have had their baths the night before, no doubt. Breakfast -- sitting there with big eyes, looking at each other silently, wondering what was going on and why Dad wasn't going to help Mum out of the hole

NBC was over there and Aunty Olivia because Constable Ash noted that as he and Hammond drove up the driveway to the house, NBC and OBW cars were already there. Ash also noted in his statement that NBC came out of the house. Then OBW steering the girls down the steps to the car. GBC was already fully dressed. Gerard immediately asked Constables Ash and Hammond to move their cars so OBW could take the girls to school. And that was within minutes of Constables Ash and Hammond arriving at 8 a.m. as shown in the official Witness Statement

For close to an hour, Allison's girls would have had to find something to do in the playground or under the school before classes started. That's a long time for little kids worried about their mum

Was it necessary to remove the girls from the house so early in the morning?

Clearly Gerard and OBW believed so

Gerard could easily have spoken with police outside the house and away from the girls' hearing. Indeed he did so, taking police aside to talk about things he claimed he didn't want others to overhear

The girls could have stayed in their rooms oblivious of adult discussions with police outside

But those girls were considered a potential spoke in the wheel of the BC narrative to police until they'd been thoroughly 'debriefed' at a later time, imo

4. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

So according to OW (and the police statement) he told this to the girls [fallen in a hole, not coming back etc] shortly after 6am - possibly before they were even out of bed? His first text to Allison at 6:20am said that none of the girls were up yet. His second text at 6:41 indicated two of the girls were now up.

5. Doidy

Doidy Member

I think he fantasized about how great/easy it would make things if she died and his life was simpler and richer (insurance money), the financial and toni and allison pressures on him were escalating in the preceding few weeks with no solution in sight and then on the Thursday a domestic escalated,in that sense it was an somewhat/slightly (but not methodically) premeditated murder
    This explains the signs of premeditation and strong motives as well as the appearances of no clearly and consistently thought through 'story'

6. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

And did they even have any breakfast at all, or prepared lunch (at all) that day?

7. Snails

Snails New Member

I completely agree that the girls had to be whisked away before a "debrief". If I was in that situation and my partner was missing I would want the children nearby for their own (and my) comfort. Imagine sending them off to school after they had been told that their mother had "has probably fallen down a hole and won't be coming home." Really? What the? I just don't get it!

8. louisepiglet

louisepiglet Well-Known Member

A friend received a threatening phone call and rang the local police station. They didn't arrive until the next morning. The police advised her to always ring 000 if she is scared because they HAVE to attend immediately. GBC was probably unaware of this.

9. Makara

Makara Former Member

BBM.

laserdisc10, both myself and a few other WS members purchased all of those documents and were very kindly given permission by Websleuth's Admin to upload them here. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202113"]Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's my understanding that they were subsequently uploaded to other sites.

10. Thinking

Thinking New Member

So it was shown to be out the back of the property by triangulation too, I didn't realise it was so specific? Such a shame they didn't find the phone. Perhaps it was buried, or in the septic/drain as previously suggested? I'm not sure that anyone would have had time to retrieve it before the police search - perhaps GBC was praying the battery would run down ASAP?

11. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Search warrant executed on Rob Cheeseman seized 4 compact disks and computer tower.
    Kellie Thompson statement.

12. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

Yes - I'd really like to see those photos of the back patio from today - are they up online anywhere? The plants with the most leaves in her hair all grew around there. I wonder if they were disturbed (from a fight - or someone pushed into them).

And I find the ferns of interest - since they only grow a foot or 2 in height - so she must have been on the ground at some point whether alive or not at the time.

And has anyone seen the full plant report anywhere? there's only one page up here on websleuths, but it says it's one of 32 pages

13. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 Well-Known Member

In a way. First, I responded to another post which said they didn't believe Olivia had been at the house at 6 am. that morning

I replied that Constable Ash's statement did not say Olivia had been at the house at 6 am. Ash's statement claimed OBW said that 'shortly after 6 am. that morning, Gerard had told the girls - walk, hole, not coming back

Later, I responded that I was not sure OBW was being facetious when she made that remark to Constable Ash. Certainly she made that remark (walk, hole, not coming back) as noted by Ash

Some believed OBW made that remark as a show of hostility to police. I'm not sure that was the case. Silly time to show hostility. And by making the remark she is quoted as making (walk, hole, not coming back) she was dicing with Fate. And would she dice with Fate when it was GBC's fate she was playing with? If she'd wanted to portray Gerard as a normal, concerned father (which is how HE was playing it), surely she would have told Ash that Gerard had told the girls mum was a bit late but everything was fine. Instead she made the 'walk, hole, not coming back' response. To my mind, if she'd been hostile towards police (who after all had arrived as summoned by GBC) I think she might have pushed past with the 'Not now, can't you see we have an emergency here' or something similar. But to give the 'walk, hole, not coming back' response says to me she was simply repeating what the girls (or GBC) had told her

14. louisepiglet

So he did not go to sleep while Allison was watching the Footy Show.

15. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Oh boy! Am I slow or what? ..... Blacks .......
    PS Am not depressed. Wearing dark night attire and all, (knowing footy or whatever is on tonight)

16. spratsmum

spratsmum Member

I wonder what that phone could tell us?

17. Thinking

Thinking New Member

Well OW did say on Monday in her testimony, that Allison was speaking very quietly in that phone call, so as not to wake the girls. They were discussing sleepover plans for the following night (allegedly). If Allison was so conscious of the girls in a phone call, it does make me wonder if she did insist on taking the later argument outside with GBC , which might explain the girls hearing nothing and the neighbours across the road hearing something.

18. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

Actually I've just been reading the bail application document and G contacted 1 insurer on April 12th, and his financial advisor contacted another on 17th of April, both phone calls about Allison's life insurance policies. It's all starting to look premeditated to me now.

19. louisepiglet

I can't imagine sending my children to school if my husband was missing. I would want them with me to look after them and try to reassure them and, if the worst happened, to comfort them. Those poor girls were sent to school not knowing where the Mum was. How frightening for them. I'm not surprised the principal rang GBC. What were the teachers supposed to tell the girls. Why weren't the children sent to GBCs mother if they wanted them out of the house. Why didn't Olivia suggest the girls go to her mother's with their cousins.

20. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Address of offence: CREEK - KHOLO CREEK, MOUNT CROSBY,QLD 4306
    Is there a map with the location of where ABC was found?
    Or coordinates and I can look up a map?
    TIA :seeya:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.