The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been any explanation about the newly leased car? Ie, why did they lease a new car when their finances were in the state they were? Was this the car that had had some minor damage that they couldn't afford to have repaired?

Knowing what we know now, (or at least are fairly convinced that we know), what do you think the chances are that Allison could have successfully left, with the girls, had that been her inclination- perhaps a few months beforehand?

Personally, I'm not convinced that his entire family actually knows what happened that night. Oh, I'm sure they strongly suspect, but sometimes there can be the most awful secrets within families. Wasn't there a moment during the committal where WS'ers thought the penny dropped for Olivia? Not sure about the parents, and their role. (No doubts about their influence however..)

How many people did Allison tell about Gerard's affair and about the state of their marriage? It seems to me that she only told counsellors or doctors and maybe one or two friends??? She wanted to save her marriage and she didn't want others thinking ill or her husband or the state of her family?? It seems to me that she was confidential and loyal? But was this also because she felt it was her fault? She was taking the blame for the failings of herself and her husband. Deep down she knew he was not treating her well but it was important to her to save everyone's face. This is such a sad sad event. How many other "normal" marriages are out there in this same state?.......but in the end did she give up on "saving" Gerard's face and let those nails rip????? I wonder if he knew about her diary? I am sure he would have been getting rid of it had he realised what it was going to reveal!

Allison kept her diary in view on her bedside table didn't she?

It seems odd that GBC wouldn't have disposed of it.
Had he read it and felt it couldn't incriminate him it as much as he felt it would incriminate her?

Allison kept her diary in view on her bedside table didn't she?

It seems odd that GBC wouldn't have disposed of it.
Had he read it and felt it couldn't incriminate him it as much as he felt it would incriminate her?

I'm pretty sure it was in the middle of a pile of books. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know she kept a diary.

but if someone else did it wouldn't there be much more hue and cry from him and the clan , if it was me, and I didn't do it , I would be objecting and screaming from the rooftops and making a really big deal of it just me I guess
I would too, most of us would I think.

So... what are we all thinking?
Are any of us genuinely worried that he might get off? I know there is always that slight chance... but I'm hoping like heck he is found guilty.

Do we think the prosecution will have enough against him... or the defence will be able to put that bit of doubt there?

I know alot of the time when jurors visit the actual site it can bring it all home to them. Eg:"How could he do this to her?" I'm hoping that when they see the plants in the yard etc that it will all make sense. When they are confronted by the bridge and surroundings, hopefully they will feel the lonliness and isolation that's there, and how a beautiful woman was just left there.
Monday will be a very important day. Hope GBC is shivering in his boots... which I guess he is.

Another interesting tidbit re the "view" on Monday, is that GBC had to make a request/application to court, to NOT attend. The judge accepted the request. Does this mean that the defendant would usually attend the viewing - do you know Ali? Would be so interesting as a juror to spend the whole time just watching him, if that were the case. No wonder he wouldn't want to attend (guilty or innocent admittedly).

Has there ever been any explanation about the newly leased car? Ie, why did they lease a new car when their finances were in the state they were? Was this the car that had had some minor damage that they couldn't afford to have repaired?

Knowing what we know now, (or at least are fairly convinced that we know), what do you think the chances are that Allison could have successfully left, with the girls, had that been her inclination- perhaps a few months beforehand?

Personally, I'm not convinced that his entire family actually knows what happened that night. Oh, I'm sure they strongly suspect, but sometimes there can be the most awful secrets within families. Wasn't there a moment during the committal where WS'ers thought the penny dropped for Olivia? Not sure about the parents, and their role. (No doubts about their influence however..)

I actually think OW is a good person and is being supportive of her family. I think when she was on the stand she spoke the truth (but just highlighted the stuff she was told to). She did acknowledge that Allison was fine during the days leading up to her disappearance.

Another interesting tidbit re the "view" on Monday, is that GBC had to make a request/application to court, to NOT attend. The judge accepted the request. Does this mean that the defendant would usually attend the viewing - do you know Ali? Would be so interesting as a juror to spend the whole time just watching him, if that were the case. No wonder he wouldn't want to attend (guilty or innocent admittedly).

The defendant must be present when all evidence is being presented.

I think NBC was the handyman for real estate agency - little bit of income, tax deductions. And fills in the day

..and income without having to declare to Mister Taxman....or losing pension

Sorry to jump ahead, but so far phone records have not been analysed during the trial.

I'm sure this has been discussed on previous threads but does anyone have thoughts on how Allison's phone bill showed a "Mobile WAP/Internet" session, picked up by the Fig Tree Pocket tower at 6.31am on the morning of her disappearance?

Is it possible that "someone" switched her phone on, and emails, messages etc were auto-uploaded, and that this alleged "someone" was disposing of her phone, while purportedly "out looking for her"?

I'm not super tech-savvy, but surely the timing indicates that someone accessed her phone at that particular time. But also not at her home (or Kholo Bridge) but near the Fig Tree Pocket tower?

Does anyone know if the range of the Fig Tree Pocket tower has been reported?

Sorry to rehash old news, but this is something I have been waiting to hear more about...

Hmmm
Just wondering:
When did GBC google "self-incriminating"?

off subject , what do we think about rolph harris

Yes but found NOT GUILTY!!

This is why I am getting nervous too. I watched all the evidence in the Casey Anthony case and thought there was only one way the verdict could go - but no she got off too, all circumstantial evidence. This is what has been worrying me lately, people want 100% proof positive, but that is rarely the case. I think we are starting to want that DNA or scientific objective evidence before we make decisions nowadays.

So true.
Sadly my exact experience and my ex grew up having once lived in Brookfield.
In my case my father-in-law (very old school, pretentious voice with no financial success of his own) to this day lives with my 50yr old ex (and my "pretty, firm and 10 year younger replacement).

NBC was too involved in his son's life and and unfair expectations re the family name I suspect.

In my circumstances - refuge helped, centrelink too, lawyers invoices soaked up settlement so no deposit for a roof over our heads of our own, we rent.

He 'forgot' these past few years to make seeing the kids a priority beyond a few hours each year - so that and having control of the remote control, being allowed to express their opinions and not seeing me be 'hurt' by him anymore is priceless freedom we never dared dream of. Heehee.

There are no friends or family to reach out to though. He eneded those a decade ago and sadly some people thought we were 'successful' (and so,are naturally fairly pleased I/we came unstuck I suspect) with our 'appearance' (we were not successful on any level in hindsight but certainly had the look of it!).

The double degree as you say needed dusting off and isn't worth it's stamp today. The future? Who knows - I trust no one and men? Forget about it.

But after tears and managing thoughts without any form of medication I continue to stand up in court and fight off all his new challenges.

Keeping us housed, fed, healthy and happy until all adults and truly free of him is priority.

If my daughter were forced to spend alternate weeks alone with him - I don't know that leaving would have been an intelligent decision. I stayed to protect her from ever being left for even an hour in his sole care - emotional and psychological damage are hard to prove when a man 'appears' to have so much to offer as opposed to an old, suddenly single mum...

We left, months later Allison went missing. I relate to aspects of her life reported but more to what I suspect never will be.

((((Consider))))

You know what .. if it helps at all you're certainly not alone, and at least you're no longer there and have not made that tragic decision to live it out in misery, as many many do, and then what .. to watch their daughters live out the same patterns in silence? No, you definitely did the right thing and I'm sure it will all be worth it when you see your children grow into happy adults and know you broke the mould! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie