The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JK673

JK673 New Member

Glad Alioop is back

a question:

The Baden Clay trial will resume with legal argument so there is likely to be a short reporting delay #badenclay

What legal argument could there possibly be?

2. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Allison had been lying there for 11 days, what would be there to incriminate GBC? It rained heavily the day or two before she was found.

There's not going to be any footprints, tyre tread marks, or pics in a camera or bloody hand print on a wall as in Jodi Arias case.

Allison was not shot or stabbed to death so no huge blood transfer in house or in the yard. Strangulation and smothering are very hard to determine when the body has been left to the harsh elements, even after a few days.

It's a difficult case, GBC hasn't satisfactorily explained the gouges on his face, that is probably the most incriminating evidence, also the small blood sample in captiva.

jmho

3. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

This is just for today...:)

[​IMG]

4. redlightthroughpaper

redlightthroughpaper Verified Insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

I meant residual evidence of Kholo Creek on GBCt hat would have been on the car, GBC, house, etc the morning ABC was reported missing if he'd been under the bridge that night. The police said it did not appear there had been a clean up of the car or the house.

5. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

It's about the Mr Mom blog.

6. ford71

ford71 Member

Putting myself in his shoes over the course of this mess, I keep coming back to the reactions.
    Other than being absolutely beside myself with fear and concern for what his happened to my wife, I am quite sure I would also be very angry that I am being looked at as being somehow involved or responsible.
    Throughout, GBC has kinda been accepting of this view, whereas someone who is NOT involved and worried (before discovery), or heartbroken (after discovery) about his wife would be furious the police are wasting time with me and not out there looking for those responsible.
    Even now within the court environment, I would still be loudly demanding that they are focussing on the wrong person, and that the real answers are out there somewhere, so please find the answers!

7. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

I noticed they started going through them from 4:30ish which was around 2 hours after the other texts from memory. Prosecution would hopefully ask him about them if they exist.

8. Amee

Amee Active Member

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 43s

Court has resumed with some legal argument. We can't report until the jury is back. #badenclay

9. redlightthroughpaper

redlightthroughpaper Verified Insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

totally agree. that's exactly why neither scenario makes sense to me. :)

10. Forensics

Forensics Member

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou ยท 58s
    Court has resumed with some legal argument. We can't report until the jury is back. #badenclay

11. JK673

JK673 New Member

Yes - what would be the problem with it?

It was publicly available......

12. BreakingNews

BreakingNews Well-Known Member

Things in writing coming back to haunt him. :jail:

13. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

I think it may be to do with the blog because of the timing of it.

14. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Jane, I don't know. Perhaps it is being saved for down the line because it is very creepy, or maybe mainstream media interviews aren't considered as proper evidence. The car accident with no skid marks on the way to have his injuries documented hasn't come up yet either. We just have to keep the faith.

15. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Welcome back Alioop - glad you're here. I'm trying to get work done here in the office - but I have NO chance with this going on, so I've just given up. I have Twitter feeds going on one monitor, and WS on the other.

I've accepted defeat in terms of work output today. This I just GOTTA see...!

16. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

I've got a whole hillside in Hicksville that they've just levelled to get rid of the bats. Farm people don't like critters. If I had a chainsaw and personal slave I'd be up there collecting. Never mind, i just raided a tree in the back yard.

17. Amee

Amee Active Member

18. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Well said
    :frog: :heartbeat: :frog:​

19. alioop

alioop Verified Attorney (AU)

I see they have the Banco court open as the overflow court as it is big and would be available as it's usually just used for ceremonies and when the appeal courts sit. I have to say that I did suggest to court staff the first day I went that they should use the Banco court. Finally someone listens to me!
    I think that there have been concerns about Workplace Health and Safety with people standing in the court doorways and blocking the way out.

20. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

But Kholo creek probably had the same overgrown grass and weeds as his yard so they couldn't tell the difference. :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.