The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

I'm seeing plenty of "himself" saying he cut it changing a light bulb but I'm not seeing anything from prosecutor confirming it.

2. AAAA

AAAA New Member

What a great idea! It would be nice to still be able to swap stories without the fear of being modsnipped. Sorry Marly and Kimster... And after the sentencing, if there is one, are we allowed to talk freely about what else we may know? Personally, I've enjoyed this time immensely and am not looking forward to it ending, (although my family probably is).

3. Amee

Amee Active Member

3:39pm: Mr Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing her pyjamas as they spoke on the couch that night.

"She had a sloppy joe of some sort over the top and blue hiking socks, which were actually mine, which she wore around the house as slippers," he said.

"Did you see her wearing anything else that night?" Mr Byrne said.

"No. When we got home she was already wearing that," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DD2t46X

4. Amee

Amee Active Member

3:29pm: Later that day Mr Baden-Clay said he stopped by the Pullenvale house of his friend Robert Cheesman where he had been "project managing" some renovations to prepare the property for sale.

Mr Baden-Clay said he cut himself while changing a light-fitting in the main bathroom.

"I was using a ratchet screwdriver, which I'd borrowed from my father, and when I was using that screwdriver ... it slipped off and drove a little divot into the palm of my hand," he said.

The court was shown a photograph showing the injury on Mr Baden-Clay's right palm.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DDAVIEz

5. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

From "himself" yesterday....so I guess there's a sloppy joe floating around somewhere along with the chequered pyjamas.

June 30, 2014

3:39pm: Mr Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing her pyjamas as they spoke on the couch that night.

"She had a sloppy joe of some sort over the top and blue hiking socks, which were actually mine, which she wore around the house as slippers," he said.

"Did you see her wearing anything else that night?" Mr Byrne said.

"No. When we got home she was already wearing that," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz36DCw53Im

6. catswhiskers

catswhiskers Active Member

He was certainly in the wars in the hours surrounding Allison's death. Lots of minor injuries to explain away.

7. frustrated detective

frustrated detective Member

I recall GBC saying that the colleague was outside at the time it happened, and did he say that he never told them about it?

Does that mean that whoever that was could not refute or confirm the incident?

8. Neuromancer

Neuromancer New Member

Without looking up the exact details, off the top of my head I remember the rent of the new Westside building was very high and way more than they needed (they'd agreed to only rent part (?~1/3) of the site then the partners made the mistake of letting GBC talk to the landlord alone and suddenly found out they were now renting the entire site. And also he/they went overboard hiring staff. So they had a lot of business expenses that could have chewed it up quickly (see the statements of J Frost and Phil Broom)

One of the payments was made directly to someone else to whom GBC owed money. And at least one (if not both) of the others were paid into GBC's joint account with Allison, (so that could have gone on anything lol) (This stuff was detailed in court evidence given by the "investors")

9. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

No. Allison's insurance policy was!

10. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

I also recall this.

11. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Ahhh, that explains it.

12. itsthevibe

itsthevibe Verified insider - Allison Baden-Clay case

I pretty much agree. Particularly about the blood. Back in the day i actually researched effects of smothering and also strangulation and found some good medical sites which outlined clinically what would happen after the death by those means. Bleeding from the mouth can occur a bit later, so he might not have noticed any blood at the time, but it started to happen after she'd been wrapped in something or whatever and loaded into the car. In the dark of night when he was trying not to attract any attention he probably wouldnt have seen it. Alternatively her head could have been scraped on the ground or cement of the carport, and sustained an injury when she was possibly being dragged into the car.

It all fits in with the fact that the children last saw the boxes of toys inside the house and suddenly they appeared in the back of the car - his attempt to quickly cover up when he realised there was blood there and had no time to clean it up.

13. Amee

Amee Active Member

14. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

I saw a photo or clip of him texting with his left hand.

15. Cattail

Cattail New Member

12:49PM
    Senior Constable McLeod also investigated Mr Baden-Clay's claims that he cut his hand while installing a light bulb at a friend's property which he was helping renovate.

He said the claims were verified. Mr Baden-Clay did cut his hand while helping with the renovations.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-10-week-3-20140625-3aqx5.html#ixzz35cE5Va7G

16. AAAA

AAAA New Member

And again he's being deliberately vague. He knows about the checked pajamas and his socks, but, "a sloppy joe of some sort" phooey!

17. angelalansbury

angelalansbury New Member

Also, this is the man that use to play a game with his buddies where they would name features of a house and they would have to say which address it was. Supposedly Bruce always got it right.:tantrum:

18. Amee

Amee Active Member

19. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Welll....there's not too much at all I'd believe when it comes from an accused murderer.

I like facts...from police...from prosecutors which confirm it.

20. Crime and punishment

Crime and punishment Member

Great work Tweeters today- many thanks!

I'm wondering if Gerard's pyjamas he was wearing on the night Allison was last seen were accounted for and forensically tested? I don't recall this being mentioned.

I think Gerard is coming across as a huge liar -so many inconsistencies -
    hope that the jurors can see this too. We will soon find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.