The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Whilst waiting, I have been reading Mountain Misst's "Flights of fancy"
    An excellent account of the flight centre story. And with all the same shades of the GBC as he is now. Modus operandi Never changed!

2. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

Good thinking, BatWoman

3. frustrated detective

frustrated detective Member

I have had a chronic liar in my life for some 25 years now - he admits that he was like that from childhood as his mother was overbearing, and he was scared and intimidated by her.

It is the most bizarre and infuriating thing you can imagine.

It is totally abnormal and alien to the way most people function, and their slippery ways never fail to astound even after years.

If this was Allison's experience I can't imagine how she kept her cool and stayed non-confrontational. I found that impossible.

If you share children it's not possible to escape the lies even if separated. You just never know where you are with them, and can't make any decisions based on what they say.

A totally weird experience which takes years off your life, I'm sure!

4. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

That statement actually does say GBC claimed to have just used the Captiva (Allison's car/Sparky).

The reason for taking the Captiva could have been to reposition it from the night before - there's no way he would have risked the noise of parking it around 1am and waking the girls. It could have been up the road for the early morning until he dashed out to 'look' for Allison.

5. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

6. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

You're right. If that singlet had the elastic under the bra section, a mother of three children doesn't just pull it on, like a bra you need to bend forward and 'place' the breasts into it. If you just pull it down then the breasts are pulled down.
    Makes sense?

The pyjamas. Simple but possibly very significant. It'd be too good to find those pyjamas with his blood on them.
    Is there that trump card ready to played?

7. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

The significance of the PJs is not that she wasn't wearing them, it's that they were (as far as we know) never found. It fits that whatever was on them (his cheek blood or Allison's DNA from a huge fright) was incriminating.

8. BatWoman

BatWoman Member

4. GBC said that Allison reversed the car into the carport when she got home. Then Gerry took that car out to search for her, and in his panic also took the time to reverse it back into the car port.

9. FirstTimer

FirstTimer New Member

Last day of the trial today for this week, so that the jury are not held over the weekend for deliberation.

Trial to go over to next week. Should be finished tuesday or wednesday for all matters. Then the jury have their time.

Cheers,

10. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

Sounds suss, doesn't it, Bat Woman?

11. Amee

Amee Active Member

12. Amee

Amee Active Member

13. Mumma Bear

Mumma Bear New Member

Very, very interesting Dr! Now why didn't the prosecution present that! They seem to be making up lost ground with the cross-examination now, but they're lucky GBC took the stand, as they could have gone a lot harder with their witnesses and evidence IMHO.

14. toe

toe New Member

Blood or even ripped from being man *Gerry* handled.

15. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

14 klms is nothing for a real estate agent in a rural area. I'm scratching my head with that one. I hope Fuller gets back onto that with prior trips or properties.

A Baden knowing where the scout camp is?? My head is being scratched raw.

16. Sor Juana

Sor Juana Member

It also means Allison did not take it off herself.

17. silverau

silverau Well-Known Member

So general consensus is that phone and pjs might be dumped somewhere?

What about gloves... there was a glove tip found in her jumper. Possible it was part of a washing up glove? They come in all sorts of colours and designs now. I wonder if anyone noticed the washing up gloves missing?

18. laserdisc10

laserdisc10 New Member

Can any new evidence be introduced at this point? Will we ever learn about the pajamas, the glove tip? Or will the prosecution concentrate today on the financial aspects and insurance as motivation?

If today's the last day for this week and Monday and Tuesday next week will consist of summing up by both parties, followed by jury deliberation, have we seen all we're going to see in terms of physical evidence, anyone know?

19. Amee

Amee Active Member

Im sure I read somewhere that Gerard is a keen supporter of the local Scouts and Guides chapter

“Had you had anything to do with the Scout camp?” Mr Fuller said.

“No,” Mr Baden-Clay said.

Gerard Baden-Clay says he didn't know the location of the creek where his wife's body was found.

“Did you know one was there?” Mr Fuller asked.

“To be honest with you I’m not sure I knew exactly where it was,” Mr Baden-Clay replied

:liar:

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-body-found-20140701-zssks.html#ixzz36GGExoyR

20. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.