The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 35s
Fuller: You weren't concerned about sleeping with the employee of one of your competitors? #badenclay: (Smiles) How do you mean concerned?

Has anyone suggested GBC is a psychopath yet?

He SMILED?!!!

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 52s

He says Allison never told him that she regretted marrying him #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 24s

He says Allison would get anxious when he went away #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 35s
Fuller: her depression was linked to the birth of your children. Gerard: no, it went back to childhood and Lariam #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
G #badenclay agrees under cross examination that doing everything for Allison lost its appeal over time. @7NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Fuller says Gerard mentioned his well paying job and Allison's low paying job in London. #badenclay

Fuller says depression was linked to the birth of the three children. Gerard says no. Stemmed from childhood issues. #badenclay

Fuller says the only professional help she had OS was to visit an outpatient doctor. #badenclay

Fuller says they sought no professional help until pregnant with her second daughter. #badenclay

Fuller says by 2012, depression issues were in the distant past. Gerard say no. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 23s

Fuller says let's look at her dealing with finding out about his affair. #badenclay

Fuller says there was no lying around on the couch. Gerard says yes there was, on occasion. #badenclay

Gerard says she took it very, very hard. Numerous times lying on the couch, go to bed early. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 33s

He says Allison's depression or anxiety seemed to get worse with the pregnancies and birth of the children #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 27s
Fuller: by 2012, depression was a thing of the past. Gerard: no #badenclay

What we've all been saying. :)

I'm hoping
Birthday present for Allison = confession on the stand.

12:01pm: Mr Fuller said Mr Baden-Clay agreed to hand his wife his mobile phone each night after she discovered his affair.

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay deleted any calls he received from Ms McHugh. The court has also previously heard Mr Baden-Clay had sex with his long-time mistress Toni McHugh on two occasions after his wife discovered the affair.

"So when were you going to be open and honest with her about those things?" Mr Fuller asked.

"I didn't intend to disclose those things potentially ever ... because I didn't want to put in jeopardy our relationship together," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

"There was a real risk she was going to walk out wasn't there?" Mr Fuller said.

"There was of course a risk," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36B7B4klC

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 32s

The Crown suggests that Allison gave Gerard an ultimatum: it's her or me #badenclay

Gerard says she took it very, very hard. Numerous times lying on the couch, go to bed early. #badenclay

Fuller says she was working three to four days a week, enthused about work, involved with the children. #badenclay

Fuller: You don't believe depression is an illness? Gerard says not at the start. #badenclay

Fuller is reading Gerard's comments from a psychologist where he says "I don't believe in a depression being an illness". #badenclay

Gerard disputes this. He says in the past he believed that. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Gerard says he didn't tell staff he loved Toni McHugh, then said he did to a couple. #badenclay

Gerard still disagrees his business was in trouble. "We were well on the way to having it fixed". #badenclay

Gerard says he liked to treat Allison as a princess. #badenclay

Fuller asks whether Allison told him she regretted marrying him. Gerard says no. #badenclay

You little ripper!!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
When his dad arrived around 7am, Gerard says he went out in the Captiva looking for Allison #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 39s
#badenclay says when his dad arrived, he went out looking for Allison straight away on the 20th April 2012. @abcnews
Didn't Alison let him and the girls in when they arrived home the night before. if so wouldn't Gerards car be behind the captiva. How did Allisons car end up behind Gerards car.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

Gerard says Allison had a number of panic attacks. He was working from home at the time. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard hadn't stayed at home because of Allison, he'd been made redundant. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 26s
Fuller: you hadn't stayed at home because of Allison. Gerard: I had #badenclay

I'm hoping
Birthday present for Allison = confession on the stand.

wouldn't surprise me at all but to a lower charge , Just waiting for defence counsel to call for a brief adjournment

Does anyone know if this crying is coming across as genuine?
I remember his 'crying' on the 9 news interview while she was missing was so fake. I'm wondering if this seems more real.
If it is, could be tapping into feeling sorry for himself and what he's done now realising the weight of it all.

12:05pm: Mr Fuller has turned his questioning to Mrs Baden-Clay's response to the discovery of her husband's affair in light of her history with depression.

"There was no lying around?" Mr Fuller asked.

Mr Baden-Clay said his wife had retreated to the couch on occasion after learning of his affair.

Mr Fuller said he was surprised Mrs Baden-Clay had time to sit on the couch while working four days a week and raising three children.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36B88U6XQ

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s

Fuller says during the second pregnancy she went to see Dr George and was put on antidepressants. #badenclay

Fuller says she went off the medication and only went back on when she got pregnant again. #badenclay

Fuller says there were no issues after that. Gerard denies this. Says there were ongoing issues. #badenclay

Good morning, all you WS'!

:countsheep: therefore I'm here earlier today (04:00am in Germany), 1 croissant, 1 tsp butter, coffee and cigarettes beside the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member