The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's court proceedings have left me feeling low. GBC is just a nasty piece of work. I don't know how his ex-business partners would feel. His high school blood-brother friends - would they be squirming about his flippancy with their money, or be thinking "Good old G, gotta love him", or "poor silly *advertiser censored* has got himself in a real spot, it's only money, doesn't matter what he says to get off"? Somewhere today or yesterday G said arrogantly that when Flegg wasn't good for a loan, G knew for a fact that he had the money. That started to make me think of con men in polyester shirts that stink of days old B.O. - and that is the picture I now have of Gerard. A nasty little rancid polyester man ... But that doesn't make him a murderer. He is like a poker player. The prosecution are saying "look at the hand you were dealt, you must have been under so much pressure" - and G is saying "business as usual" ... I hope Laserdisc can report back from court and add some colour to fill in the tweets.
I thought the "Honestly!" comment about the blog was his admission that it was just PR *advertiser censored*.

Maybe it's a tight squeeze, you have to be lying or on the bed to reach charger, so if Allison did it she would have rolled on him at 1.48 am or else, he did it? jmo

Ahh.

He claims that Allison put his phone on charge (because she had it when he went to sleep?). He also claims when he woke up he had his phone and started reading his emails and messages. I presume then in his story he didn't expect to have the phone next to him when he woke, he just found it there?
He also claims not to know if Allison came to bed. In the morning when finding the phone on charge on his bedside table that he apparently didn't put there wouldn't that give him reason to suggest to police he thinks she'd been in the bedroom after he last saw her watching TV.

Maybe it's a tight squeeze, you have to be lying or on the bed to reach charger, so if Allison did it she would have rolled on him at 1.48 am or else, he did it? jmo

There it is. He would have woken up, because usually he did , when she passed him the phone . Gotcha :jail::jail::jail:

A nasty little rancid polyester man ...

Only just caught up after a dramatic afternoon in court and here at home. We popped out to the shops in he lunch break and my little miss 11 fainted. 'Twas pretty scary!!
But she's okay now so I'm off to find pictures of the bedroom to try and see where prosecution was going with that.

Don't mean to alarm you Oddsocks...I started 'fainting' at about 12 years of age. I heard recently that it could be an early 'sign' of anxiety/panic attacks from which I still suffer. LOL ! I have fainted in some awesome places in the most illustrious company ....Please keep a close eye on little Miss 11

I'd say that's exactly what happened, but IMO it was in reverse - "getting knocked unconscious, falling over" . . . to be continued tomorrow.
Oooh yeah! So if her body had been found while cause of death was still determinable the getting knocked unconscious while walking theory might have had a chance.

Gerard says if you'd asked him where Kholo Creek bridge was before April, he wouldn't have been able to tell you. #badenclay

A RE Agent not knowing every nook and cranny of his local area????

Yet he knew a secluded dirt road 3km away to take TM parking...

[quote name="Janeumayer" post=10684373]David Murray @TheMurrayD · 24s
Fuller asks about the state of the bed that morning. Gerard: bed cover on Allison's side was folded down like she'd been in it #badenclay

Ok I have been a woman on a mission here. Back in the taped police interview from the day after Allison went missing GBC definitely says that when he got up to make his side of the bed, Allison's side of the doona had already been pulled up (from about 00:45 onwards):

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/qld-news/badenclay-the-police-tapes-5543107.html

When discussing how he could tell if Allison had been in bed ...

Police: ... the pillow was moved or ...

GBC: ... Yeah, and well, when I went to make the bed, you know, I'd got up and put my, you know, side up, you know, of the doona ... but when I went to make the bed her side was up as well. So, you know when I got into bed, does that make sense? You know, her side of the doona was folded back as well, so she must have done that when she got up.

A bit hard to transcribe - he seemed very jittery and wasn't being too clear. Sounded like he had a mouthful of cottonballs

Then the next day he says it was folded back, when he was at the showgrounds. " I was asked yesterday if there was any evidence that Allison came to bed. When I made my side of the bed her side was folded down." May not have been the exact wording, but along those lines.

What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?[/QUOTE]

The 3 lenders said the money was for day to day business expenses to keep it afloat.

I love my kids but if I suspected either of them of behaving like him I would not be covering up for them

I wonder why Fuller didn't point out to Gerard how he had previously answered that. They seemed to drop it?

I was amused he kept saying like "I don't see it in the photo" when he asked if he saw her pajamas and "I didn't put it on the charger" when he was asked again where it was. Instead of just like "I don't know" or an answer they seem cagey answers. It's like Gerard's worried Fuller's got something and doesn't know the safe answer.

I think the comment about the bedding that Lu-Lu mentioned could be from the same audio I transcribed? He rattles on about how someone had asked him if there was any evidence she had slept in the bed and went on to describe what he found in a bit of an addled way. He definitely said her side was pulled up when he made his side, but then went backwards about how it had been turned down the night before. :pullhair:
He's not being very clear about it that's for sure - and I reckon that if you hadn't seen your partner since before you fell asleep the previous night, then checking the bedclothes (and pjs) would be one of the first things you'd do? You'd want to know if they even made it to bed, right??
Unless you already know.

I think I was obsessing over this inconsistency in GBC's story and must have missed the questions about the treadmill and charger. The whole phone/charger thing is just another dodgy part of his scenario.
And yep, GBC is being cagey about certain parts of his story - am willing him to slip up some more tomorrow. I can't wait to hear if Fuller's questions were asked in quick succession or not - they seemed like they were when reading the tweets and retweets here! :)

No sex for 9 years but they had a child. Don't you get it everyone- Allison was cheating on him.
It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't interested in sleeping with her anymore because he didn't love her and that's part of what hurt her physical self esteem.

Photos of bedroom...

847040-cb8d8f2e-f5f9-11e3-8ea9-a081f3513119.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226956622231

He said he did not see his wife’s pyjamas when he woke up that morning.

“Well the, the, I don’t know where her pyjamas were, they may have been in the laundry basket, I don’t know but her shoes were missing and one of the pairs of leggings she tended to wear when she went walking wasn’t there,” he said.

So he used a process of exclusion to deduce what she was wearing that morning, but hadn't checked the laundry basket?

How could he know the leggings were actually missing if he hadn't checked laundry as well?

It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't interested in sleeping with her anymore because he didn't love her and that's part of what hurt her physical self esteem.

I don't think he needed to love someone to sleep with them ... But he was probably 'shagged' out most of the time

I think the comment about the bedding that Lu-Lu mentioned could be from the same audio I transcribed? He rattles on about how someone had asked him if there was any evidence she had slept in the bed and went on to describe what he found in a bit of an addled way. He definitely said her side was pulled up when he made his side, but then went backwards about how it had been turned down the night before. :pullhair:
He's not being very clear about it that's for sure - and I reckon that if you hadn't seen your partner since before you fell asleep the previous night, then checking the bedclothes (and pjs) would be one of the first things you'd do? You'd want to know if they even made it to bed, right??
Unless you already know.

Yeah wasn't sure about the bed or the pajamas he last saw her in, the state of the bed or anything else but knew exactly what she had put on to go on that walk...

Don't mean to alarm you Oddsocks...I started 'fainting' at about 12 years of age. I heard recently that it could be an early 'sign' of anxiety/panic attacks from which I still suffer. LOL ! I have fainted in some awesome places in the most illustrious company ....Please keep a close eye on little Miss 11

No worries zim :)thank you. I have been on top of her anxiety type symptoms for a few years. I teach her as much as I can about the cause of the physical symptoms with a little bit of age appropriate cbt thrown in lol. Hopefully we can stay on top of it. Sorry for off topic

Maybe get her to do some activity like yoga where she learns about her breathing. Another panic sufferer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member