The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst waiting, I have been reading Mountain Misst's "Flights of fancy"
An excellent account of the flight centre story. And with all the same shades of the GBC as he is now. Modus operandi Never changed!

Just a few thoughts:

1. those built in shelf bras in the singlet tops are totally useless unless you're a teenager.

2. i've seen a few cases where someone gave a detailed description of what a victim was wearing and it's turned out to be that it was because that someone dressed the victim.

3. I think the reason they had to notify the insurance so quickly was because the premium hadn't been paid and they were worried that it would be void if they waited.

Good thinking, BatWoman

I get the impression that GBC wouldn't be able to tell the truth even if it was to his benefit. Does he have some sort of aversion to being honest? It's so second nature for him to lie or exaggerate, I don't think he can control it. I understand better now what being a compulsive liar looks like. And he admits to stringing people along like it's totally normal behaviour. If I was on the jury I would find it really hard to consider the evidence in a balanced way because I just don't trust a thing he says.

I have had a chronic liar in my life for some 25 years now - he admits that he was like that from childhood as his mother was overbearing, and he was scared and intimidated by her.

It is the most bizarre and infuriating thing you can imagine.

It is totally abnormal and alien to the way most people function, and their slippery ways never fail to astound even after years.

If this was Allison's experience I can't imagine how she kept her cool and stayed non-confrontational. I found that impossible.

If you share children it's not possible to escape the lies even if separated. You just never know where you are with them, and can't make any decisions based on what they say.

A totally weird experience which takes years off your life, I'm sure!

They didn't drive Allison's car. It remained in the carport.

ETA: Kieron Ash's statement re: the cars.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

That statement actually does say GBC claimed to have just used the Captiva (Allison's car/Sparky).

The reason for taking the Captiva could have been to reposition it from the night before - there's no way he would have risked the noise of parking it around 1am and waking the girls. It could have been up the road for the early morning until he dashed out to 'look' for Allison.

Just a few thoughts:

1. those built in shelf bras in the singlet tops are totally useless unless you're a teenager.

2. i've seen a few cases where someone gave a detailed description of what a victim was wearing and it's turned out to be that it was because that someone dressed the victim.

3. I think the reason they had to notify the insurance so quickly was because the premium hadn't been paid and they were worried that it would be void if they waited.

You're right. If that singlet had the elastic under the bra section, a mother of three children doesn't just pull it on, like a bra you need to bend forward and 'place' the breasts into it. If you just pull it down then the breasts are pulled down.
Makes sense?

The pyjamas. Simple but possibly very significant. It'd be too good to find those pyjamas with his blood on them.
Is there that trump card ready to played?

Susan this is my thinking exactly. I think that the top Allison was found in is the same one she was wearing with her pyjama bottoms prior to her murder. GBC changed Allison into her (as he described) daggy old grey pants to make it appear that she'd gone for a walk. He had to come up with a reason why she'd disappeared. There may not have been any blood on Allison's pyjamas at all. GBC simply wanted to make it look like she'd gone for a walk and she wouldn't do that in her pj's. It would have been a simple matter of pulling down the pyjama pants and pulling on the XXL pants. Removing his socks from her feet and replacing them with a pair of Allison's and then putting on her runners. I just wish the laces in her runners had been checked as to which way they were tied. It would be obvious whether Allison had tied her own laces or someone had tied them while facing her.

From the autopsy report.

The body is clothed in the following:

• What appeared to be a jacket at the death scene is a light coloured jumper. Most of the jumper is inside-out, and the hands remain within the sleeves. It is somewhat twisted and wrapped around the neck to some degree. Both the collar and waistband regions of the jumper are in the neck region. The jumper is a Bonds brand size XL. The unusual position of the jumper may have occurred after death with movement of the body. It cannot be excluded that it was used as a ligature.

• Purple singlet with incorporated bra. It has thin straps over the shoulders. It is of Short Stories brand and size 12.

• Dark coloured three-quarter length pants. They are Katies brand size XXL. There are no pockets.

• Light coloured underpants.

• Predominantly white sneakers with some blue areas. They are of Lynx brand size 9. They have some mud and dirt on them. On initial examination the laces of both shoes are tied up, but upon removal of the shoes the left shoelace came partially undone.

• Short white socks with a darker band on top.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Reading again over GBC's first interview at Brookfield, he describes what Allison was wearing, or what he thinks she was wearing. She wasn't wearing the black Lorna Jane outfit because he'd checked and it was still there. So why didn't he check for her pyjamas, even if it was just the pyjama pants?

I'm thinking that the pyjama's were mentioned at that interview or soon after but this information was never included in these bail application documents.

When you read the description GBC gives the police of what Allison was wearing, he is telling a half truth. In fact he almost trips himself up.

SGT JACKSON: Is it a singlet top or a shirt?

BADEN-CLAY: Ah she has a singlet top um* [INDISTINCT] she sometimes wears a sloppy joe or something over the top of that. Um it's also grey.

* Was he about to say she has a singlet top on? I think he was and then he deflects to "she sometimes wears a sloppy joe" etc.

The significance of the PJs is not that she wasn't wearing them, it's that they were (as far as we know) never found. It fits that whatever was on them (his cheek blood or Allison's DNA from a huge fright) was incriminating.

4. GBC said that Allison reversed the car into the carport when she got home. Then Gerry took that car out to search for her, and in his panic also took the time to reverse it back into the car port.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

The court is being shown a picture of front of the house. Gerard is pointing out his daughter's window, overlooks carport roof. #badenclay

Gerard says Allison had reverse parked the Captiva in the carport on April 19. #badenclay

Back on the house plans now, Gerard is talking about the garage, carport and under house storage. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
He says he reversed the Captiva into the garage after looking for Allison that morning #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
#badenclay says he used Sparky to go looking for his wife on the 20th. when he returned he reversed it into carport. @abcnews

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Gerard has become adept at using the electronic screen in the witness box to 'draw' on exhibits to illustrate his point #badenclay

Do you think the trial will still be going next week? I can't go till then.

Last day of the trial today for this week, so that the jury are not held over the weekend for deliberation.

Trial to go over to next week. Should be finished tuesday or wednesday for all matters. Then the jury have their time.

Cheers,

You're right. If that singlet had the elastic under the bra section, a mother of three children doesn't just pull it on, like a bra you need to bend forward and 'place' the breasts into it. If you just pull it down then the breasts are pulled down.
Makes sense?

The pyjamas. Simple but possibly very significant. It'd be too good to find those pyjamas with his blood on them.
Is there that trump card ready to played?

Blood or even ripped from being man *Gerry* handled.

He had a rental property out that way. Of course he knew where the bridge was! I'm sure Todd Fuller will get back to that one.

14 klms is nothing for a real estate agent in a rural area. I'm scratching my head with that one. I hope Fuller gets back onto that with prior trips or properties.

A Baden knowing where the scout camp is?? My head is being scratched raw.

The significance of the PJs is not that she wasn't wearing them, it's that they were (as far as we know) never found. It fits that whatever was on them (his cheek blood or Allison's DNA from a huge fright) was incriminating.
It also means Allison did not take it off herself.

So general consensus is that phone and pjs might be dumped somewhere?

What about gloves... there was a glove tip found in her jumper. Possible it was part of a washing up glove? They come in all sorts of colours and designs now. I wonder if anyone noticed the washing up gloves missing?

Can any new evidence be introduced at this point? Will we ever learn about the pajamas, the glove tip? Or will the prosecution concentrate today on the financial aspects and insurance as motivation?

If today's the last day for this week and Monday and Tuesday next week will consist of summing up by both parties, followed by jury deliberation, have we seen all we're going to see in terms of physical evidence, anyone know?

Im sure I read somewhere that Gerard is a keen supporter of the local Scouts and Guides chapter

“Had you had anything to do with the Scout camp?” Mr Fuller said.

“No,” Mr Baden-Clay said.

Gerard Baden-Clay says he didn't know the location of the creek where his wife's body was found.

“Did you know one was there?” Mr Fuller asked.

“To be honest with you I’m not sure I knew exactly where it was,” Mr Baden-Clay replied

:liar:

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-body-found-20140701-zssks.html#ixzz36GGExoyR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff