The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Total

Total New Member

Funny you should say that. The first thing I looked for on the photos were signs that a body had been dragged. On the back patio there is a discernible path amongst the leaves, but not too clear. It wasn't until I realised that the images were taken 4 (FOUR!) days after her disappearance, that it hit me. Yes Lychee there are signs that something has been dragged but four days of wind and movement has softened the edges. My grass needs cutting again three days after it was last mowed, so I imagine grass or any other plants would maybe bend but would quickly (well within four days at least) recover.
    Regardless, the fact that these plant materials were found entwined in Allison's hair, Allison's body having been left at Kholo Creek (where four of the species cannot be found) is in MOO highly incriminating, and, again IMOO, points clearly to him having had some assistance during the night. I have all faith that a jury (properly instructed) will see it that way too.

2. Ippygal

Ippygal Member

Wowsers, I spent all evening, and half the night (insomnia, lol) catching up- missed most of yesterday as I was busy.... Thanks to everyone for sharing all the tweets etc!!!
    Bring on 10am, I have a feeling things are going to hot up a bit today!!!!! :)

3. Cattail

Cattail New Member

The plant matter appears to be pinning down the scene of the attack. Let's hope there is something in the rest of the botanist's testimony to tie GBC to it.

4. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Also I was reading the many posts re depression and suicide.

This is a very varied health issue. From personal experience with someone extremely close to me - it is entirely possible for a person with depression to be discussing the future at lunchtime and by tea time be feeling suicidal. It is also possible for them to spend a social afternoon with someone who isn't aware of their condition and display no outward signs of it.

Just my experience.

5. DrWatson

DrWatson Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Morning all :)

The thing about the plant material, to me, is that while all of those species individually are fairly commonplace around Brookfield, it is the particular combination of all 6 species that places her at the BC house.

Finding 3 or 4 species, all together, would narrow the possibilities. Increasing the combination to 6 would make it pretty close to specific, I would think.

And of course, if the DNA profiles of the leaves can be matched to specific trees, then all bets are off. But I doubt that happened - it would have been mentioned by the prosecution, for sure - yet Dr Guymer is up for cross-examination today.

I just think that the odds of finding somewhere else that particular combination/permutation, all together in the one place, and all within the same small area (behind the carport) would be astronomical. Beyond doubt.....

And I think a couple on here may have missed the significance of the eucalypts on the garden boundary with the church next door - Dr Guymer said that there were dropped leaves covering a wide area (as they do). So the couple of posters who were trying to figure out how Allison got up near the boundary fence - she didn't. Those leaves would have been all over their back garden and paths.

6. whitechapel

whitechapel Justice For Allison

Sorry if this has already been mentioned since the post from spratsmum...
    I remember reading a post from one of the early threads that a passerby saw the Captiva in the driveway will all the doors open late that night.
    Does anyone else remember this?

7. DunnoZo

DunnoZo New Member

Maybe if one of them was elderly or a smallish woman?

8. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Well-Known Member

I do believe we have forgotten the most important C word of all

CONVICTED of this dreadful crime.

Looking forward to a very exciting day of evidence.

9. Seeking

Seeking New Member

I remember this too. I am just not sure if it was fact or rumour though. We are unable to discuss rumours. Marlywings will know.

10. ollijack

ollijack Active Member

Hi all, in regards to no drag marks there was nothing to stop him, in his
    tidying up, sweeping or raking where the marks were.

11. Bazinga

Bazinga Well-Known Member

Adding everyone's suggestions to Camp Chair's list

Cats Claw Creeper
    Chinese Elm
    Chamber of Commerce
    Carport
    Captiva
    Cheesman
    Christ
    Cranna
    Crepe Myrtle
    Caterpillar
    Conference
    Clay
    Creek
    Cups (and saucers)
    Cops
    Court
    Convicted

12. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

I would start here :)
    Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

13. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Depends upon the aetiology of the depression and who diagnosed it. It impacts each individual's functioning differently. We have doctors/experts who treated Allison directly and they have given their evidence before the Court. Allison was not suicidal.

14. Tangled_Web

Tangled_Web Active Member

One more and you have C21!

15. LadyBird1

LadyBird1 Member

Crime and Punishment
    Criminal act
    Criminal person (or persons)

16. Fuskier

Fuskier Well-Known Member

Well, little 'Scraps' ( the neighbours dog) knew what was happening on the BC back patio that night didn't he? His evidence should be presented along with the leaf matter IMO.

17. Cattail

Cattail New Member

Sorry but I wasn't suggesting she was.

I was only relaying what I know to be possible as I have seen it.

18. Cattail

Cattail New Member

I am not meaning to be rude.
    In everyone's eagerness to rule out suicide here ( and I am not suggesting suicide happened at all) I am seeing many posts that may minimize the seriousness of this health condition for those who have no direct experience.

It is a life threatening illness for many.

19. Forthegirls

Forthegirls New Member

I saw little Scraps yesterday morning. Little fella is still alive & well xx

20. spratsmum

spratsmum Member

How about

cheater
    Crook
    conman
    calculating
    child
    careful
    cringeworthy
    clawed

Thread Status: