The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LauraMars

LauraMars New Member

Speaking of Scraps, is that house the same one as the property where Allison's phone showed up for the police officer, with the 'find my phone' ap? I gather they were really close, just wasn't sure if they were one and the same house.

I missed quite a lot here over the last year or so and when I read the phone had actually been traced, I was so excited, thinking it meant found. Gutted to realise they never actually physically found it, so close!! I always wondered if it were placed up in a tree, no idea why though.

MOO

2. spratsmum

spratsmum Member

and perhaps at the timeline. Many of us have been following this from Day 1 and it is still confusing sometimes. If I can help please let me know, and I will try to give you a "short" synopsis of the goings on. There are a few "in" jokes regarding roundabouts an caterpillars on here, disregard until you get an idea as to what has gone on. Someone will explain them to you,

3. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Plus, her blood and hair found in the back of a near-new car!

Great post Marly - that does put it into perspective. The circumstantial evidence combined is quite hefty.

4. Freya1977

I can do tweets for the morning, if nobody else has put their hand up yet?

5. BritsKate

BritsKate Well-Known Member

RSBM

There's still a bit to go but in all honesty, after following dozens of trials exactly of this nature, I just don't see this as a weak case.

The jury would have to swallow a man deeply in debt, having multiple affairs, who wanted out of his marriage just happened to cut himself shaving on the very day the wife he wanted to leave disappeared. Sheer coincidence those cuts look like fingernail scratches and the disappeared wife being well-insured is just happenstance. I may just be overly optimistic - but I think that's a tough sell. Quite a few men have been convicted on a lot less - but I grant you, a jury is always a wild card.

As an aside, I love Allison's forum. All of you show her so much tenderness and respect, it's inspiring. It makes me wish every crime victim had you all in their corner.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

6. Freya1977

Aislin Kriukelis ‏@AislinKriukelis 2h

A leading Qld botanist will be back on the witness stand this morning at the #BadenClay murder trial. Details on @TheTodayShow at 7:30

7. Freya1977

When do they become available? After the end of the trial or during?

8. Ooohm

Ooohm Well-Known Member

Difficult to say how much cover-up occurred after this crime was committed.

Just because of the persistent questions about Allison's state of mind,I feel considerable "gaslighting" was applied, and perhaps since the early years of her marriage. People all around were told the same story, given the same impression---"Allison is not well. Yes, I am finding it hard." Then all one has to do is sit back and allow kind-hearted folk to draw their own conclusions, expertly managed.
    Typically, the story goes like this: a group of loosely associated people sit down and begin to swap war stories and an epi-centre of misery is discovered. Ground Zero is their good friend ******! What! How could that be? That person is usually so...pleasant. Nice. Tries so hard. But then the connections start to be made, and efforts to untangle a lifetime of lies, begin. The resulting intelligence can be honestly shocking. How could someone plan to do this monstrous thing? But some malice aforethought has been brought to bear in Brookfield. And...miracle of miracle for that person, there was help close by. And that support has further obscured the details of this crime. But meanwhile, Justice for Allison rolls on and in its righteousness, others are losing the influence of the sorcerer and waking to the truth.
    That is the opportunity a substantial trial offers in a case such as this one.

9. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

This link is to all the threads to date for Allison's forum...

Up top of the link, all previous general discussion threads are combined in one section starting at first thread when Allison was first reported as "missing".

The sticky thread section contains timeline/media reports, bail documents from the bail hearing.

Further down you'll find Committal Hearing threads along with the Trial day threads, photos from our locals & photos from trial.

Allison Baden-Clay of Australia - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

10. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.