The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that GBC was a gambler.

He gambled by having an affair with Toni and not being found out
He gambled by having an affair on Toni with other women and not being found out
He gambled on killing Allison and not being found out.
He gambled by not making a police statement
He has gambled by taking it to trial

I think the money was going in gambling debts.

Once a gambler always a gambler. They always think they can win, no matter what - 'I'll just have one more turn, I'll just have one more try '

I predict he is going to be found not guilty on this all the weak evidence that has been presented so far. Honestly how many of you would say he was guilty with ONLY the evidence we have heard at the trial .....

It'll be the same old story - he will be found not guilty and then all the additional details will come out and I think the jurors will be shocked at what they weren't told at the trial.

I'm feeling very disappointed and VERY worried for the children and VERY worried for the mental and physical health of Allisons parents if he is found not guilty.

Oh dear. No questions to Flegg re roundabout. Does this mean we will NEVER find out what happened at the roundabout????? Say it ain't so!

And re the mates loaning him $90k each and not ever requesting their loans be repaid. What a load of baloney! Big cold cup of collusion anyone?

when he cries to Flegg for the 4 hundred thousand.. and doesn't get it... interestingly and significantly, I say, he lost interest... didn't want to talk about a loan or anything else... that's around March 11 2012.

Has he solved this terrible problem?? Has he found another source?? has he seen a gift of $400,000.00 somewhere in the sky??

Allison's investment house sold for around $400,000 so was that in the pipeline then?

A business/finance guy who doesn't remember the interest rate?

He probably wouldn't as it was at the rate his bank was charging him and it was variable so would have changed a number of times over the years:

“I’ve lent money to Gerard on a number of occasions,” he said.

He said he first loaned Baden-Clay $45,000 in 2006 and it was repaid.

“I lent him money in, I think it was November, 2008 and that was repaid in December, 2008, I think for $12,000,” he said.

Mr Cranna said the interest repayment was based on a line of credit mortgage rate and was variable.

He said he loaned him money in March, 2009 and December, 2010 and February, 2011.

He said he loaned him $50,000 in March, 2009. He said he loaned the accused $24,000 in December, 2010 and $19,000 in February, 2011.

Mr Cranna said an amount of $6000 was repaid in instalments in February, 2011.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/day-9-gerard-badenclay-on-trial-accused-of-murdering-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

I think that GBC was a gambler.

He gambled by having an affair with Toni and not being found out
He gambled by having an affair on Toni with other women and not being found out
He gambled on killing Allison and not being found out.
He gambled by not making a police statement
He has gambled by taking it to trial

I think the money was going in gambling debts.

Once a gambler always a gambler. They always think they can win, no matter what - 'I'll just have one more turn, I'll just have one more try '

I predict he is going to be found not guilty on this all the weak evidence that has been presented so far. Honestly how many of you would say he was guilty with ONLY the evidence we have heard at the trial .....

It'll be the same old story - he will be found not guilty and then all the additional details will come out and I think the jurors will be shocked at what they weren't told at the trial.

I'm feeling very disappointed and VERY worried for the children and VERY worried for the mental and physical health of Allisons parents if he is found not guilty.

The guy is on trial for murder. He didn't get to where he's currently at without there being enough evidence to get him there & to have those charges stick.

I think he's just a greedy compulsive liar.

Our prisons are full of them!!

Allison's investment house sold for around $400,000 so was that in the pipeline then?

only if she is dead.. unless she would have agreed to selling it.. perhaps she didn't agree with his business proposal. .. I don't know. .

but considering that he rang the insurance office.. ...... checking up on the state of the policy.. and that he had a bill for the premium on the policy of $1,100,00 clutched in his little hand, unpaid, and most likely unpayable within the time frame the insurance company had given ( May 9th) .. and that was a grace extension.. either pay the bill or claim the insurance..

all will be revealed..

we discussed this two years ago but did gbc have a shocking secret life which he was feeding all this money into?
did allison find out about it and threaten to expose him?
is this what olivia means when she says the truth will come out, and hawkins hinting there would be something unexpected?

He said he spoke to Mr Baden-Clay's father Nigel on April 20 when Allison was reported missing about whether they should hire a lawyer.

"He was concerned there was a lot of police, they were surrounding police him and asking a lot of tough questions," he said.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...-describes-scream-night-allison-kill/2298482/

Tough questions? Allison was reported as missing what questions are so hard to answer if you had done nothing wrong. Lots of police, well thats a good thing isnt it NBC?

we discussed this two years ago but did gbc have a shocking secret life which he was feeding all this money into?
did allison find out about it and threaten to expose him?
is this what olivia means when she says the truth will come out, and hawkins hinting there would be something unexpected?

Hard to believe that Alison was spending all the money.. .

does anyone know if Alison was being paid a wage at the 21st Century office for the job she was doing??

lots of illegitimate loaners out there, Bright.. interest at 32% and upwards, but its a matter of the degree of desperation.. ..

those kind of loaners collect with a piece of steel piping to hand, but Gerard didn't look like he had been subjected to that kind of pressure. as yet..

Don't know Trooper....maybe that is what happened to his cheek....and couldn't tell ANYONE, or else they would all be calling in to collect..:floorlaugh:

The guy is on trial for murder. He didn't get to where he's currently at without there being enough evidence to get him there & to have those charges stick.

I think he's just a greedy compulsive liar.

Our prisons are full of them!!

Marly I agree totally but do you think on the evidence presented so far it's enough to convict ? Remember we know a lot more than the jury has been told at this point.
Does anyone know if the jury are given the full statements of all the witnesses ? At least it would give a little more information that what has been asked in the court.

I suppose I just need to think positive. I'm just a bit disheartened today after the Peter Greste ruling last night. Look how many people thought he would be found not guilty.

My apologies for being so negative :( :blushing:

Hard to believe that Alison was spending all the money.. .

does anyone know if Alison was being paid a wage at the 21st Century office for the job she was doing??

If Allison was an employee of the company and working as a property manager then she HAD to be paid a wage under the Award. But she might have been taking drawings and not paid as an employee. The wage at that time would have been around the $600 per week mark.

Marly I agree totally but do you think on the evidence presented so far it's enough to convict ? Remember we know a lot more than the jury has been told at this point.
Does anyone know if the jury are given the full statements of all the witnesses ? At least it would give a little more information that what has been asked in the court.

I suppose I just need to think positive. I'm just a bit disheartened today after the Peter Greste ruling last night. Look how many people thought he would be found not guilty.

My apologies for being so negative :( :blushing:

No need to apologise ;)

I think we only know half of the evidence.

At any murder trial there is always evidence which hasn't been released prior to the trial.

Looks like the defence aren't using the idea that it was a hit for unpaid debts. I guess GBC doesn't want to cast aspersions on his mates. He doesn't seem to have a problem doing it to his wife though.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s
Professor Olaf Drummer giving evidence by phone #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s
Prof Drummer is a forensics expert, toxicologist, from Victoria #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 26s
The court is now hearing from Professor Olaf Drummer, a toxicologist with more than 25 years experience. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 33s
Prof Drummer was given a toxicology report on Allison Baden-Clay. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 26s
Prof Drummer agrees Allison had sertraline and alcohol in her blood. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 38s
Prof Drummer says sertraline is an anti depressant, more commonly known as Zoloft. #badenclay

so far. only one person has got their money back from Gerard... this was his young brother, who lent Gerard $10,000.00... Gerard didn't pay it back, but Nige did.. he transferred the money to the younger brother, and took on the extra $10,000.00 in addition to the loans he already held on Gerard..

the partners got nothing back, and lost a lot.. ditto the three mates. I don't expect to hear from anyone else who got their investment in Gerards scam back. But there was a lot of money ,taking into account the loans, the squeezes, the clientele payments that floated thru that office at various times..

Tarbey didn't get his franchise bill paid, and he also lent Gerard a fair whack of money, as a tiding over loan.. whether utility bills were paid, I don't know as yet. .. phone, electricity, water, etc...

from getting 3 loans of $90,000.00 ( $270,000.00) in 2011, by March 2012 , Gerard is howling to Flegg for $400.000.00. He hasn't paid even the interest on the loans previous.. ..

where did that money dribble away to ??

bring on the forensic accountant!!

I think Century 21 Westside was flying when it was in the shop at the Kenmore roundabout. They probably had a good grip on the market for $1m+ properties and were probably selling a dozen or so a month. Huge cash flow.

GBC was very well connected and as a real estate agent would have had first crack at wealthy buyers and sellers - all an agent needs.

The big mistake I think GBC made was taking on the big office at Taringa. The fit-out would have taken up any accumulated cash and the enormous rent and increased staff coincided with the market dying completely after the floods. He could easily have been burning $30,000/month and had spent all his saved cash on relocating the office.

He probably should have used his more finance savvy mates to show him how to expand his business more safely using long term borrowing.

IMO There is no way that NBC didnt know the state of the finances

MURDER accused Gerard Baden-Clay's father has described his son's marriage as private, telling a court he knew nothing of their marital and financial problems.

http://www.whitsundaytimes.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-knew-nothing-of-couples-troubles/2288047/

Yet, he knows what colour clothes are in Allison's wardrobe and that she has depression etc. She asked that they call before coming over. Doesn't sound like much privacy at all. Everyone loves Raymond comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam